PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Software update problems

maracsx
04-01-15, 20:44
I am trying to update build 090 apollo but i am getting always respond "notging to upgrade" when i manually try software update. What to do to get the latest builds? Thanks

Larry-G
04-01-15, 20:49
download the latest image from www.openvix.co.uk then ftp it (still compressed as a .zip archive) to /media/hdd/imagebackups/ then press the blue button/ vix/ image manager/ highlight the version you want to flash and press the blue button. you can use a settings backup made with build 090 during your first instal wizard setup process.

maracsx
04-01-15, 20:57
So, that is brand new install, not update, right?! I would need to install all plugins manually ?

rasp
04-01-15, 21:16
Restore your plugins and settings from the settings backup when asked in the first install wizard.

Larry-G
04-01-15, 21:19
yes its a new install or as we call it a couch flash, make a settings backup first using the backup manager and restore that once you have flashed the image and you will be fine.

maracsx
05-01-15, 16:07
I got error message: "sorry but the file is not compatible with this image version" when asked me to restore and then i choose file i've made backup yesterday.

I uploaded latest 115 build

Larry-G
05-01-15, 16:43
It should be compatible as I used a even older backup my self from build 064 to restore plugins and settings to build 115 just last night. If it's not working for you may be best just setting up again from scratch. It really won't take you long and it's good practice.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

cactikid
05-01-15, 17:21
aye just get in the habit of doing things from scratch again,now how did i do that:confused:backup important stuff to pc for sending back:D

maracsx
06-01-15, 11:22
I did the whole process once again with 118. Now all ok and working fine. The problem was with settings backup. 2nd backup was correct.