PDA

View Full Version : Network share with tv

pcdee
04-01-15, 18:01
Hello all.

Had the box for about 3 weeks and loving it.

Quick question. ....I want to share the hard drive of the box with the tv upstairs which is on my network.

Any idea what share it would be?

Thanks

psionguy
11-01-15, 13:45
Hello all.

Had the box for about 3 weeks and loving it.

Quick question. ....I want to share the hard drive of the box with the tv upstairs which is on my network.

Any idea what share it would be?

Thanks

My upstairs TV is not smart, but I can get access to my Duo2 hard drive using my WD Live box and watch all my recorded shows. So this should be achievable on a smart TV by making your duo2 visible to your network, go to settings / network and try samba.

pcdee
11-01-15, 14:56
My upstairs TV is not smart, but I can get access to my Duo2 hard drive using my WD Live box and watch all my recorded shows. So this should be achievable on a smart TV by making your duo2 visible to your network, go to settings / network and try samba.
Cheers for the reply.

I installed Samba.....it's running on the box but the tv doesn't pick it up.
The tv pics up my phone and laptop but not the box.
I can't seem to find any settings for Samba either

DaMacFunkin
11-01-15, 15:33
Install mini dlna plug in from feeds, this is probably the most compatible

pcdee
12-01-15, 10:03
Install mini dlna plug in from feeds, this is probably the most compatible
I'll un install samba and try that.....cheers

pcdee
13-01-15, 18:37
Right, update

I can confirm that the MiniDLNA works, the tv upstairs picks it up. It shows three folders, Music, Video, Photos. These three folders are always there regardless of what the TV connects to eg:phone.

The folders are all empty.

psionguy
15-01-15, 11:21
Right, update

I can confirm that the MiniDLNA works, the tv upstairs picks it up. It shows three folders, Music, Video, Photos. These three folders are always there regardless of what the TV connects to eg:phone.

The folders are all empty.

Is your TV DLNA compatible and if yes have you enabled it, I would have little check of your TV manual. For information on my TV I can see all my Duo2 folder structure, and I then navigate to HDD, Movies and select the recording I want to watch.

Trial
15-01-15, 12:08
Hi,
did you a full restart after installing MiniDLNA?

ciao

DaMacFunkin
15-01-15, 12:17
In mini dlna as far as I can remember you have to enter the settings and set share permissions for the folder you want to access, make sure to save settings at every menu exit.

psionguy
25-01-15, 15:14
Did you get it sorted?

pcdee
10-02-15, 20:11
Did you get it sorted?
Sorry for the late reply. ...

Sort of sorted. ..I had to edit the file path and the tv picks its up now.

Problem now is that its shows all my recorded programmes but will not play back mpeg2