PDA

View Full Version : XBMC Sections added to the board

Sicilian
04-01-15, 13:01
To all members, due the ever growing list of devices that XBMC supports and more and more XBMC chat on the Forum we decided to open a dedicated XBMC section.

Initially we've created the sections HERE. (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?488-XBMC-Chat)

As the sections grow and we see whats being talk about we'll and or move sections about.

We're also on the look out for active members experienced in XBMC and its various addons to join our team.

duoduo
04-01-15, 13:34
Hi Sicilian, I know of a couple of very experienced xbmc guys that develop addons amongst lots of other useful stuff, I will ask them to join the forum. There is a member on here called Foz who is also very knowledgeable, I have seen first hand what he can do from another forum, xunity.

Larry-G
04-01-15, 13:43
Hi Sicilian, I know a couple of very experienced xbmc guys that develop addons amongst lots of other useful stuff, I will ask them to join the forum. There is a member on here called Foz who is also very knowledgeable, I have seen first hand what he can do from another forum, xunity.

The more the merrier. XBMC is not my cup of tea but we have added sections for those who want to use it, especially now that a lot of STB manufacturers are starting to incorporate XBMC into their portfolios.

cactikid
04-01-15, 13:59
omg more stuff:D things are going to get better and better,might get my box to work for a change:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DaMacFunkin
04-01-15, 15:49
Should the forum not be called Kodi given that Kodi Helix has been officially released?

duoduo
04-01-15, 17:12
Good point

duoduo
04-01-15, 18:07
Hi Mods,

Been asked the following from a Kodi developer after asking if he could offer some support on the forum:

do you have the plugin to hand ?

Who is developing it ?

What hardware do you need to have for it to work ?

Can someone please provide the answers?

rossi2000
04-01-15, 19:18
plugin is only available on Vu+ Boxes. (SoloSE, Solo2, Duo2) Vu+ are developing it.

there is no plugin that you can simply install to an image at the moment.

there are a few components involved in the build process, that have been developed by Vu such as OpenGL. its still in beta stage atm.

i think at this time we need to see whats going to happen with it, as
1. not all plugins/addons work, there are some conflicts here and there, missing modules etc
2. who is going to fix these plugins, it doenst make sense to have to keep fixing/editing plugins for this xbmc, they should work from the xbmc repos immediatley.
3. who is going to maintain these fixed plugins., seeing as though plugins/addons are a major part of XBMC for lots of people.
4. why on earth are vu using xbmc gotham :) when kodi has been in testing for months and months. hehe

duoduo
04-01-15, 20:33
Thank you Rossi for the explanation and questions raised, so that I know what to respond with please can you explain to me what xbmc (vu version) looks like if not a plugin?

Also hopefullly you have used xbmc before so know how to answer this, the xbmc used for receivers, is this not a shell and then you the individual users can add the repository (install from zip) to get all the goodies just like you would on other platforms. On the basis your receiver is connected to the Internet the repository/addons auto update when you connect to xbmc. There are wizards you can add to have a setup in minutes with the best addons available along with a maintenance option which should fix most issues.

It would have been a good idea for vu to get developers involved from not just Kodi but also the unofficial developers (which Imo are the best) before even letting a beta go out so that the setup matches on a receiver to that on other available software's.

Can anyone who's had the benefit of seeing the xbmc vu version in action tell me if wizards and repositories can be installed and if TV addons wizard/repositories or Xunity Wizard/repositories have been tested?

Larry-G
04-01-15, 20:36
Thank you Rossi for the explanation and questions raised, so that I know what to respond with please can you explain to me what xbmc (vu version) looks like if not a plugin?

Also hopefullly you have used xbmc before so know how to answer this, the xbmc used for receivers, is this not a shell and then you the individual users can add the repository (install from zip) to get all the goodies just like you would on other platforms. On the basis your receiver is connected to the Internet the repository/addons auto update when you connect to xbmc. There are wizards you can add to have a setup in minutes with the best addons available along with a maintenance option which should fix most issues.

It would have been a good idea for vu to get developers involved from not just Kodi but also the unofficial developers (which Imo are the best) before even letting a beta go out so that the setup matches on a receiver to that on other available software's.

Can anyone who's had the benefit of seeing the xbmc vu version in action tell me if wizards and repositories can be installed and if TV addons wizard/repositories or Xunity Wizard/repositories have been tested?

if as in you sig you have a solo2 you could backup your current image then flash one of the various beta's about that contain the XBMC addon (BH, VTI, ATV etc). to see what it's like.

rossi2000
04-01-15, 20:41
its just that it depends on other things which arent available separately so it needs to built when building an image.
it is the same as a normal plugin that you run from plugins menu and then xbmc loads into the real xbmc interface. just like you'd find on an htpc.

it has all the options for installing plugins /addons etc. i have installed a few things like youtube, 1 channel, bbc iplayer, itv player navix but from what ive tested none work properly even with the fixes.

for eg. youtube works all through the menus etc but when it comes to play a file it gives a black screen., maybe it needs a fix somewhere but really this should just work right away.

i have it linked atm to my nas and all that side of it is working fine for me. for movies, music and tv.

huey45
04-01-15, 21:02
hi the version i had running on my uno, loaded up icefilms and youtube and they ran perfect
with a newer chipset box it should be brilliant, i dont know offhand which other images has
XBMC already built into it, but i would give it a try..

rossi2000
04-01-15, 21:05
what you mentioned is the xbmcaddons plugin.
its alot different to the xbmc we are testing.

duoduo
04-01-15, 21:06
Thanks Rossi, do you get any bug/log reports when you tried to play addons which didn't work that could shed some light on why things aren't working?

rossi2000
04-01-15, 21:21
ive not used it for a while, just catching up on a few things.
is the log just the big xbmc.log in temp? there is also an xbmc.old.log too. or are there specific log files somewhere else?

huey45
04-01-15, 22:20
Sorry forget all my comments on xbmcaddons plugin, so you are referring to a full blown xbmc aka now kodi ?

zoro25
05-01-15, 08:50
Can I please check if the Vix team will also be following suit at a late date as I would love to still stick with the Vix team as I believe the support of is better than other images. (currently have a VU+ Duo2 box) however also love the fat that XMBC is finally coming in a fairly stable form to VU+

Rob van der Does
05-01-15, 09:50
4. why on earth are vu using xbmc gotham :) when kodi has been in testing for months and months. hehe
My guess is that there is a very good reason for that. Our boxes are not compatible with XMBC (nor KODI), due to hardware & software limitations. Remember the hardware is designed for being a receiver and the embedded Linux version is limited.
As a result of that VU modified an existing XMBC version, and also added some functionality via their drivers. Obviously when doing so you're always behind the development of XMBC itself.
IMHO that is not a real limitation, as this implies that there is only one party responsible for the functionality of XMBC as well as the plugins. In other words: image builders just add what they get from VU+ without having to reinvent a rolling wheel. In fact the same as with HbbTV.

duoduo
05-01-15, 17:24
My guess is that there is a very good reason for that. Our boxes are not compatible with XMBC (nor KODI), due to hardware & software limitations. Remember the hardware is designed for being a receiver and the embedded Linux version is limited.
As a result of that VU modified an existing XMBC version, and also added some functionality via their drivers. Obviously when doing so you're always behind the development of XMBC itself.
IMHO that is not a real limitation, as this implies that there is only one party responsible for the functionality of XMBC as well as the plugins. In other words: image builders just add what they get from VU+ without having to reinvent a rolling wheel. In fact the same as with HbbTV.

Issue being is all the best addons crested by the best developers continually develop in line with latest versions. Therfore eventually very few addons will work with xbmc gotham due to the developers updating the addon to facilitate kodi and its latest releases.

duoduo
05-01-15, 17:25
is the log just the big xbmc.log in temp? there is also an xbmc.old.log too. or are there specific log files somewhere else?

I'm not the tech to answer that question lol.. I meant a log within enigma2 to show any issues Rossi?

foz
05-01-15, 21:49

yes, new log started on each Xbmc startup old is obviously the previous log

huey45
07-01-15, 20:58
Hi guys i downloaded and installed the xbmcaddon from software updates on my uno
i have it working and watch *cefilms, but not sure what the recording path is i have
a internal hdd fitted shown up in /media/hdd but not sure what else to put into path
to save recorded movies, can anybody give advice ?

thanks in advance

Larry-G
07-01-15, 21:46
Hi guys i downloaded and installed the xbmcaddon from software updates on my uno
i have it working and watch *cefilms, but not sure what the recording path is i have
a internal hdd fitted shown up in /media/hdd but not sure what else to put into path
to save recorded movies, can anybody give advice ?

thanks in advance

Please start a new thread for support with the XBMC plugin, this thread was intended as a general announcement and discussion thread., you will get more help with your own thread than tacking questions onto this one.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

huey45
08-01-15, 00:12
sorry noted..

Trial
08-01-15, 09:46
Hi,
I played around with XBMC and installed around 40 streaming addons and the box behaves just like a real PC:-) All addons installed and behaved as normal. Because it also uses gstreamer for playing streams the limitations for file formats are the same as in E2. This is no big drawback because >95% is h264 in different container. It is quite an plus for E2 because the community is a lot bigger then for E2.

btw. Gotham is not so old and it was the release version when the first VU beta appeared.

ciao

duoduo
08-01-15, 10:36
That's really great news Trial, do you know if it's possible to install custom builds that were made for Gotham builds?

nasser007
08-01-15, 11:32
Hi have you got navix working, I seems to be getting script error when trying to start it but I am testing it out on a different image, but all the other addons seems to run fine.

Trial
08-01-15, 13:28
Hi,
I did not try NaviX jet. I saw it on my FireTV and it seems to be quite a special case. I only tried plugins from the xbmc repository up to now.

ciao

duoduo
08-01-15, 13:58
Navi-X, Sportsdevil & Genesis Imo are the best addons, if these work then happy days for me. Not asking for an Eta Mods but are we close to getting this on Vix?

Larry-G
08-01-15, 15:53
Navi-X, Sportsdevil & Genesis Imo are the best addons, if these work then happy days for me. Not asking for an Eta Mods but are we close to getting this on Vix?

Testing is going well so there is no real reason why it wont be added to ViX for supported hardware very soon, we are just busy working on multiple things in the image at the moment though so cant really say when it will be released just that it's coming.

judge
08-01-15, 18:52
Navi-X, Sportsdevil & Genesis Imo are the best addons

Just checked & have the three of these working on ViX.

duoduo
08-01-15, 22:21
Cannot wait, great start to 2015..

judge
08-01-15, 23:08
Cannot wait, great start to 2015..
It's still a bit clunky & needs work in some areas such as Live TV/PVR, sound on some files...
But it does work better than I'd expected so far.
Few screenies from my Solo2:

39938 39939 39941 39942

duoduo
08-01-15, 23:36
Nice one, is Confluence the only skin available Judge? Can you or have you tried to install repositories?

judge
08-01-15, 23:37
Nice one, is Confluence the only skin available Judge? Can you or have you tried to install repositories?
No, other skins are available & easy to add repositories.

nsw9154
09-01-15, 02:48
I must be Doing something wrong I get the 1st screen then I hit a brick wall I must have it set up wrong

foz
10-01-15, 08:12
Why have you gone with Gotham build?
Are you using the xbmc player?
Have you got a beta I can test?
Thanks
foz

zoro25
10-01-15, 08:27
It's not the Vix plugin and therefore not their decision on the base XBMC build,

The plugin was created by VU+ , Vix are, integrating it into their image and testing it for compatibility.

As far as I know it doesn't use the XBMC player but instead uses the same one as TSMedia (Gstreamer) . I don't have the plugin so this is an educated guess.

Also about the beta, you could just back everything up and go and grab blackhole which already has the plugin, and then switch back to Vix in a week or so when it's been released.

foz
10-01-15, 10:21
It's not the Vix plugin and therefore not their decision on the base XBMC build,

The plugin was created by VU+ , Vix are, integrating it into their image and testing it for compatibility.

As far as I know it doesn't use the XBMC player but instead uses the same one as TSMedia (Gstreamer) . I don't have the plugin so this is an educated guess.

Also about the beta, you could just back everything up and go and grab blackhole which already has the plugin, and then switch back to Vix in a week or so when it's been released.
thanks zero
they can update the Xbmc build into the vix image while coding it this is why I asked
are the vix team still going down the route of Xbmc plugin? or hard coding it into the image?
regarding the player, I am currently testing the bh beta 2 at present, i would strongly recommend the vix team trying to fix the Xbmc player before releasing
I am into my Xbmc, I write a playlist on istream under the name Anti-Matter and am involved with the community builds over at totalxbmc, i am also a beta tester for alex's (Codesnakes) port of openelec to the TRMK1 box and in a Skype group of beta testers for Xbmc boxes
I made all the config files and where to put them for the piavpn addon for openelec, and passed them to metalkettle to build the addon that can now be found in his repo
I am no coder but can manage to edit/hack python code to change things normally within the Xbmc addons etc
if I can be of any help here I am happy to try and help
foz

philmein
10-01-15, 18:47
it would be awsome to get the xbmc media player working gstreamer works ok but its not a patch on the xbmc player

duoduo
20-01-15, 08:32
How is the testing going? Are we nearly there with a ViX release?

uscool
20-01-15, 22:13
i flashed blackhole 2.1.4 with xbmc beta 2, just to test it on duo2, it actually works very well, was surprised , but i prefer vix image so flashed backup image back, cant wait till vix adds it

zoro25
22-01-15, 09:37
I'm going to switch to Blackhole,

I think the Vix guys must be trying to reverse engineer the plugin to work with other boxes or something, I can't see why else other image makers have added and Vix have held it back.

It seems that supporting virtually every device the site sponsors sells might be a minus in this case for us VU+ owners who want plugins and additions aimed at our boxes.

Pity as I also prefer Vix over other images. I intend to back up so I can easily come back.

Rob van der Does
22-01-15, 09:50
I think the Vix guys must be trying to reverse engineer the plugin to work with other boxes or something.....
You're guessing wrong mate.
But you don't seem to realize that it is quite a lot of work to get it running properly, that even VU themselves have this still in a beta-state, that we tend to release only when we are satisfied ourselves, and that we spend hundreds of hours of our spare time to get this all done.
But be my guest and be happy with BH.

Sicilian
22-01-15, 10:07
It seems that supporting virtually every device the site sponsors sells might be a minus in this case for us VU+ owners who want plugins and additions aimed at our boxes.

?? What on earth has it got to do with the sponsor?

You and other members/users are MORE than welcome to provide development in order to get the plugin working and compatible quicker. If you or anyone else can offer coding skills to ViX please feel free to PM me :) EVEN VU+ themselves are more than welcome to offer their help, which may I add is ZERO!

duoduo
22-01-15, 10:09
I'm sure Zoro is just frustrated as I'm sure many of us are with the waiting and silence. That said it's obviously for the benefit of us all that ViX are being more cautious and carrying out all these extra checks so that were not left with receivers that no longer work (potentially)..

zoro25
22-01-15, 10:24
?? What on earth has it got to do with the sponsor?

You and other members/users are MORE than welcome to provide development in order to get the plugin working and compatible quicker. If you or anyone else can offer coding skills to ViX please feel free to PM me :) EVEN VU+ themselves are more than welcome to offer their help, which may I add is ZERO!

Its fairly simple,

The more devices supported the more the team is spread in their testing of all plugins / and images
And as for my comment about the sponsor , name one box he sells that you don't support?, not really an issue but as more boxes come online then more are supported and more dev time is shared.
My point was made as other teams like Blackhole only support VU+ and I was making the comparison that VU+ items tend to get released on that image first as it is normally easier for them to get a new image out as less testing is needed as the support is less.

Also as lgleave22 mentioned , I guess my post was made a little out of frustration with the lack of news on progress as since the section for XBMC was added to the site and the news about the upcoming plugin , I've seen about 5 or so updates to the image none with the plugin (however I have seen OpenGL and some other items related to XBMC going into the image releases).

Sicilian
22-01-15, 10:28
Its fairly simple,

And as for my comment about the sponsor , name one box he sells that you don't support?, not really an issue but as more boxes come online then more are supported and more dev time is shared.

Sorry, but you're making no sense...ViX supports some boxes that the sponsor don't sell and has never sold, so what exactly is your point?

fast65
22-01-15, 10:29
I personally am glad and grateful that the guys are being careful and making sure all is well before releasing. Just imagine the uproar if something was released that caused problems on peoples receivers.

regards

Sicilian
22-01-15, 10:31
At the moment theres is a lot of development going on with a GIT merge and 1080 skins, once the plugin ready to be released in our feeds it will be. As everyone know's we do not give ETA's or release dates, when its ready, its ready, that's all we can say at this time.

Blackhole use Official image as a base, therefore far less DEV work, OE-A based images do not.

Larry-G
22-01-15, 17:34
I'm going to switch to Blackhole,

I think the Vix guys must be trying to reverse engineer the plugin to work with other boxes or something, I can't see why else other image makers have added and Vix have held it back.

Pity as I also prefer Vix over other images. I intend to back up so I can easily come back.

Sorry buddy but you are talking out of your arse here. ViX are not beholden to any manufacturer unlike some others who are paid to provide support, we support who we want to, when we want to. and we will not release buggy beta code just to have the bragging rites of saying we were first, we will leave that to the to the other so called "big" teams.

zoro25
22-01-15, 18:24
Okay whats with the attitude?

No where in any of my posts did I say you were beholden to a manufacturer, and although you say your not paid to provide support you are actually paid to provide support by the board sponsor, if it be a manufacturer or shop it's all the same thing. And that was part of my point

Others who are sponsored/paid by manufacturers concentrate on a smaller subset of devices and therefore get releases for those devices out quicker and due to vix having support for a wider subset of devices have more dev and testing.

It really wasn't meant to be a big issue, just an observation which I mentioned in my post and which you quoted above.

I mention that as a VU+ owner in this case (meaning an xmbc plugin created by a manufacturer) others who do not support such a wide array of devices have already released it and that I intend to switch and then come back when Vix team has gotten around to releasing.

Now you may say we don't release broken plugins, however as far as I understand the XBMC plugin is not broken and from reading elsewhere it has not caused any reflashes and the main issues are that just a few of the plugins don't work along with some other missing features (No PVR support for example). I am aware from earlier posts in this thread that the base image for VIX is different than the big teams as you call them and this may actually be why the delay is happening?

I did actually incorrectly it seems think that you were holding back back the release to try and do a custom plugin release on all supported devices where the hardware could handle it. I know lots of other device owners would have wanted/loved this.

Like I said no major issue and I didn't think I was being rude ,
Now I may have been incorrect in what I wrote and that's fine just point it out with a simple "you are wrong and here is why" statement.

Rob van der Does
22-01-15, 18:34
....others who do not support such a wide array of devices have already released it ...
Who are we talking about then?

Larry-G
22-01-15, 19:18
Okay whats with the attitude?

No where in any of my posts did I say you were beholden to a manufacturer, and although you say your not paid to provide support you are actually paid to provide support by the board sponsor.

Whats with the attitude ?, you basically accused us of delaying a release so we could hack a closed source plugin to work on others hardware, that is not some thing we would ever do. The XBMC plugin as released by Vu+ is a beta release, we have other things in development and testing to do with the ViX image and the XBMC plugin is not our main priority.

As for being paid by the sponsor to provide support ?????/

The sponsor pays for advertising not the ViX image, nor are we paid to provide live technical support we do all that off our own time.

the4given1
23-01-15, 09:20
Is there a "What % is left to do to make it stable ,or what is left to sort out" indication to how far off it is or is that still unknown because of how many other things (more important)that will eat into the time devoted to this project,

Sorry but this excites me more than resurrecting HD

Keep up the great work ,

DaMacFunkin
23-01-15, 09:47
The guys are basically working with VU+ code, if you have ever tried to get a reply or response from VU+ over anything you will understand what a frustrating a and thankless task the integration must be, also all other development and fixes can't be put on hold just to provide what is essentially an after thought, build a seperate kodi system, it will do more than the VU+ plugin will ever do- HTPC for media stuff, STB for watching and recording TV, simple.

Rob van der Does
23-01-15, 11:23
Is there a "What % is left to do to make it stable ,or what is left to sort out" indication...
As we've said multiple times: we don't give ETA's (neither as a date nor as a percentage). When it's ready (i.e. stable enough in our opinion) it'll be released.

And indeed you can 't compare our work with that of BH & VTi; they simply use the firmware as supplied by VU+ and add some stuff.
Making only images for VU-hardware and accepting ancient code that's an easy enough job.

the4given1
23-01-15, 11:36
As we've said multiple times: we don't give ETA's (neither as a date nor as a percentage). When it's ready (i.e. stable enough in our opinion) it'll be released.

And indeed you can 't compare our work with that of BH & VTi; they simply use the firmware as supplied by VU+ and add some stuff.
Making only images for VU-hardware and accepting ancient code that's an easy enough job.

Ok thanks for the reply ,You cant blame us for being excited, its like the round wheel to some of us ! lol

Larry-G
23-01-15, 11:43
Ok thanks for the reply ,You cant blame us for being excited, its like the round wheel to some of us ! lol
Don't worry it will be coming to ViX it's just that we have a lot of things going on in the image and can't give priority to what is essentially a beta from a single manufacturer

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Martincape
24-01-15, 12:51
What is XBMC? I've never used it. Quite interested in all the fuss though.

Larry-G
24-01-15, 13:02
XBMC or Xbox Media Centre was a media player originally developed for the original xbox, it is now a pretty much OS in its own rite these days.

zoro25
24-01-15, 20:59
XBMC or Xbox Media Centre was a media player originally developed for the original xbox, it is now a pretty much OS in its own rite these days.

yep it is and actually after trying the plugin on BH image I decided to switch back to my backed up Vix image and think about getting an Android streaming box, for my XBMC usage.

In it's current state it's not really the experience I want, It just feels very disconnected from the main OS. Which obviously is no fault of the image makers , for example to move from the main image into an XBMC addon you have to go into XBMC and then into the plugin (I found shortcuts on the main page the best way for this). No massive issue however I have fave plugin "Ruya" set a double click of green at the moment and it just loads directly and smoothly.

I'll stick to the Ruya plugin for my XBMC type needs on my Duo2 for now.

Lets hope for continued updates from VU+ (Marusys) to this plugin however it's currently the kind of thing I would expect from the community and not a box maker (I think its XBMC4STB which I think is a port of their PrisimCube XMBC plugin) , they should have worked with the community to bake it as a new image type rather than a plugin to the E2 images.

Anyway I'm happy to stick with what I currently have. (Vix and Ruya)

Rob van der Does
25-01-15, 07:07
Maybe the existing E2 plugin 'KodiDirect' will suit your needs.

satmanbasil
28-01-15, 14:30
Hi

I shall await the introduction of xbmc to our stb's in the mean while I have been enjoying the delights of xbmc on a android box and found the content amazing its added another method to view content over the www, one can only hope the plugin for the sat receiver is as good and not as hit and miss as TS media, I find nothing more annoying than finding something that I wish to view then find the links don't work.

nsw9154
31-01-15, 05:56
Hi
I find nothing more annoying than finding something that I wish to view then find the links don't work.

That is the main problem I am having with it, as most of the things I want to watch the links sometimes do not clear the previous stream and I have to restart it very annoying

Larry-G
31-01-15, 06:31
That is the main problem I am having with it, as most of the things I want to watch the links sometimes do not clear the previous stream and I have to restart it very annoying

Same here, I was using the Genesis addon last night and every time I clicked on a new tv show I got 10 seconds of the previous stream frozen on screen then it finally kicked into the one I wanted, thats if I could find a active stream in the first place. The whole thing just served to reaffirm my personal dislike for XBMC to be honest.

DaMacFunkin
31-01-15, 07:24
Is it not the case that the links don't work because they have "been taken down" or are hosted by some hack with little or no knowledge of how to set up a streaming server and as such are no fault of the kodi system?

zoro25
31-01-15, 08:12
I have no such issue when using the same plugin (Genesis) on my XBMC Android box so I'm guessing it's an actual STB plugin issue.

Running a Minix 8H+ and its super stable and as experiences go the STB version (although it was beta 002 when I tested it) was no where near as stable or complete in terms of streaming and setting up of addons and repos.
Now glad I got the Android box, however in terms of TV watching (live) nothing can compete at the moment with E2,

Each device is great as it's intended function.

Sicilian
31-01-15, 08:15
To let you know guys, XBMC plugin will soon be in the VU+ plugin feeds so can be installed as plugin.

We had a beta XBMC build, but it wasn't installed as a plugin, we didn't want to have a seperate image line in order to have this plugin.

Thank you for your patience, wont be too long now.

duoduo
31-01-15, 08:58
Same here, I was using the Genesis addon last night and every time I clicked on a new tv show I got 10 seconds of the previous stream frozen on screen then it finally kicked into the one I wanted, thats if I could find a active stream in the first place. The whole thing just served to reaffirm my personal dislike for XBMC to be honest.

There is a programme called Istream that helps with the issues you had Phoenix, it scans all the available streams until it finds the best one at which point it will kick in and play or at least that's what it use to do when I last used it. Looking forward to playing with the plugin, the guys who have had the opportunity to test will be able to confirm this, once we are all established with the plugin we should be able to share our setups?

rossi2000
31-01-15, 09:12
guys you cannot make judgement on this plugin becuase your dodgey streams arent working :O)

it works very well for its actual intended purpose. to catalog all my media on nas.

Blu-ray
31-01-15, 10:33
To let you know guys, XBMC plugin will soon be in the VU+ plugin feeds so can be installed as plugin.

We had a beta XBMC build, but it wasn't installed as a plugin, we didn't want to have a seperate image line in order to have this plugin.

Thank you for your patience, wont be too long now.
Will this plugin work with any stb using the Vix Appollo image, or just Vu+ stb's.

Larry-G
31-01-15, 10:48
Will this plugin work with any stb using the Vix Appollo image, or just Vu+ stb's.

Only the Vu+ receivers and then only the Solo2, Solo SE and Duo2.

duoduo
31-01-15, 10:48

Just a few certain vu models

s2tephen
31-01-15, 11:21
Hi try the [ Phoenix or the Navi x ] addon in xbmc / Kodi
Use the superrepo to install

Sicilian
31-01-15, 12:26

Only VU+.

New E2BMC for Mutant coming soon, I'm told Crossepg is working and so is Autobouqets.

Blu-ray
31-01-15, 14:03
Had a preview of the second beta looks very good, should be done in the next couple of days on there website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uscool
31-01-15, 16:56

you dont get that on when using on windows or android,

also i notice on enigma2 xbmc always plays at full screen, i know its beta for the most part it actually runs good

bodyart99uk
31-01-15, 17:05
Not convinced some of the earlier comments are right, I've been using xbmc for a few years now and running Gotham at the mo, all add-ons update regularly and work fine, friend has stuck with Frodo and his add ons still work and still update fine.
yes I think the devs update their add ons regularly to take the best of new features in kodi but I have never heard them saying that they will remove the backwards compatibility

Alec
05-02-15, 22:29

XBMC was excellent over 6 Months ago, but the problem is everyone in the world with the right download speed are turning to it. It is a case of too much demand.

Larry-G
05-02-15, 22:35
XBMC was excellent over 6 Months ago, but the problem is everyone in the world with the right download speed are turning to it. It is a case of too much demand.

I have never been a big XBMC fan and i have yet to be convinced but you also have a point there too, same thing happened to E2 when every fool under the sun jumped on board at the promise of free tv from their best mates uncle bob's second cousin, colin's wife pat who knows a guy down the pub that can get you sky for a fiver a month.

satmanbasil
05-02-15, 22:52
hi

At the moment I have mixed views when it works its working great watched a whole movie from start to finish with no buffering and even coz it was a good copy downloaded after also without any problem.
yes there are a few glitches to be iron out but hey lets not knock this while they try to sort out the minor problems.

Has anyone written a newbie guide to this yet im flying by the seat of my pants with the addons so far no problems but a general guide would be helpful to those of us not 100% clued up on XMBC

duoduo
05-02-15, 23:00
Woah hold on, have I missed something here is the ViX version been released now.

Larry-G
05-02-15, 23:07
Woah hold on, have I missed something here is the ViX version been released now.

no not yet as far as I am aware.

judge
05-02-15, 23:10
XBMC even the VU version does a fantastic job on cataloguing & presenting local media.
Any addons that provide links to illegally streamed content are bound to be problematic at times.

Larry-G
05-02-15, 23:13
XBMC even the VU version does a fantastic job on cataloguing & presenting local media.

not here it does not. every thing recorded by the Solo2 is juddery as hell when played through the XBMC plugin and if you pause a recording it just gets worse.

judge
05-02-15, 23:28
not here it does not. every thing recorded by the Solo2 is juddery as hell when played through the XBMC plugin and if you pause a recording it just gets worse.
Ah, I've been using it for other files, not .ts recordings.

Larry-G
05-02-15, 23:32
Ah, I've been using it for other files, not .ts recordings.

well hopefully Vu+ sort it in the drivers.

Larry-G
05-02-15, 23:35
which version will will xbmc released in?

soon, just resolving some other issues first.

rossi2000
10-02-15, 14:11
XBMC is now in the feeds for Vu Duo2, Solo2 and SoloSE, build 142.

in extensions you will see XBMC for install.

animations are also included and you'll find those in user interface.

rossi2000
10-02-15, 15:28
What happens when u run xbmc from plugins?

Debug log?

wibbel
10-02-15, 15:38
Nor me - VU+ Solo2.
When you run the XBMC Launcher, the screen goes black for a second then I'm back to the plugins list.

rossi2000
10-02-15, 15:55
debug log please..

rossi2000
10-02-15, 16:04
fresh flash 142 and report back please.

rossi2000
10-02-15, 16:08
hmm provide a debug log please.

s2tephen
10-02-15, 16:08
mine not working either VU+ Duo2 Ver 142
Where do I find debug log

Sicilian
10-02-15, 16:31
Duo2 plugin starting fine here, although having issues playing many streams. Users are going to have to be patient with this, remember its still a beta. I've emailed a debug log to VU+.

Sicilian
10-02-15, 16:44
4playervideos streaming fine on Duo2.

DaMacFunkin
10-02-15, 19:00
Why is only 720p available for resolution, even if box is set to 1080p?

DaMacFunkin
10-02-15, 19:17
Plus are there any other buttons available other than direction and ok, I need to remove a directory, but can't.

s2tephen
10-02-15, 20:20
Were is the xbmc configurations folder located

rossi2000
10-02-15, 20:30
/hdd/.xbmc

rossi2000
10-02-15, 20:30
there are some hacks you can do till vu fix with the remote actions.
like for a right mouse click

s2tephen
10-02-15, 20:33
/hdd/.xbmc
Not in mine no sign of it

whats the hack for the right mouse click

tenten78
10-02-15, 20:33
can you tell us these hacks???

thanks

s2tephen
10-02-15, 20:37
I reflashed 142 reinstalled xbmc and it came back with the settings I had put into it ie path for video files on my NAS
where did it get that from thought reflash deleted all settings and no it is not on the HHD or USB drive

Larry-G
10-02-15, 20:41
I reflashed 142 reinstalled xbmc and it came back with the settings I had put into it ie path for video files on my NAS
where did it get that from thought reflash deleted all settings and no it is not on the HHD or USB drive

The XBMC setup files are saved to your HDD so even after a reflash they will still be present which is how your previous settings are still there even after a reflash and re-download of the XBMC plugin.

uscool
10-02-15, 21:18
Hi, same issue here, just blank and goes back to normal screen, running duo 2 with 142 build, really would love not to have to do a clean reflash again ;)

rossi2000
10-02-15, 21:22
no one has produced a debug log at all...

pbz1983
10-02-15, 22:09
Hi,
I've just made a clean install via USB (142) and restored my enigma settings but not the plugins.
I then downloaded the XBMC plugin, and it's opens without any problem.

I'm now going to try and see if it now works with the 1080p skin VIX-Blue skin.

[edit] It works on the VixBlue 1080p....happy days !!

(Just thought i'd post my findings with the VuSolo2)

s2tephen
10-02-15, 22:14
Got it running.
It has downloaded the videos from my Synology NAS server but will not play them.
Does anybody know the hack for the right mouse button.

pbz1983
11-02-15, 00:19
Got it running.
It has downloaded the videos from my Synology NAS server but will not play them.

I managed to successfully enable playback via my media PC as follows:

XBMC > Videos > Files > Add Videos > Browse > Root Filesystem > MNT or MEDIA (both work for me) > AUTOFS > "your NAS folders should be visible"

Hopefully this method works for you too!

judge
11-02-15, 00:33
You need to edit:
/media/hdd/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml
or, if that doesn't exist:
/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml

Search for <volume_mute>mute</volume_mute> & replace it with <volume_mute>ContextMenu</volume_mute>
Restart the plugin & the mute button on your remote now works as right click/context menu when using the VU xbmc plugin.

s2tephen
11-02-15, 18:47
On the VU+ Duo2 remote there are 2 buttons at the bottom of remote
<
>
How can I map/hack these 2 buttons to work as the left and right mouse buttons
Is this possible.

VEET23
11-02-15, 18:52
New Addons Kodi 14.1
http://goo.gl/qKn100

zoro25
11-02-15, 18:54
no one has produced a debug log at all...

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?43891-XBMC-Plugin&p=342068&viewfull=1#post342068

Here you go, however it seems that the only way around the issue of the 5 second force close due to not picking up the display (and GUI not loading) is to do a clean flash of 142

s2tephen
12-02-15, 17:10
You need to edit:
/media/hdd/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml
or, if that doesn't exist:
/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml

Search for <volume_mute>mute</volume_mute> & replace it with <volume_mute>ContextMenu</volume_mute>
Restart the plugin & the mute button on your remote now works as right click/context menu when using the VU xbmc plugin.

Tried this cannot get it to work ?
Would this be because I have set up the remote to my tv and the volume + - and mute now work the TV not the VU+ Duo2.

Larry-G
12-02-15, 17:26
Tried this cannot get it to work ?
Would this be because I have set up the remote to my tv and the volume + - and mute now work the TV not the VU+ Duo2.

Good point, try resetting the remote and try again.

s2tephen
12-02-15, 19:58
Yes Reset Remote to Standard works Mute now does ContextMenu.

Now how do we get it to work when configured to work your TV even if it means using a different key ie < or > or something else ????

Larry-G
12-02-15, 19:59
Yes Reset Remote to Standard works Mute now does ContextMenu.

Now how do we get it to work when configured to work your TV ????

No idea.......

Larry-G
12-02-15, 20:01
OK guys i am closing this thread now, it was intended as a announcement thread not to provide support. if you need help please make a thread of your own instead of tacking onto a existing one, you will get better help that way with less risk of your post just getting lost in the rabble.