PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Some issues on IP streaming stations

deepbluesky
03-01-15, 17:43
Hello and a happy new year to the ViX Team and everybody else. :)

I have been using ViX images quite some months now on my Vu+ Solo² and after testing before and in between other images as well I must admit that ViX covers my needs most of all. Though there are some issues.

Since I am testing IP stream sources on regular basis, most of them provided by the IPTV List Updater Addon, I realize that often depending on the source address the receiver gets stuck starting from some seconds up to minutes and in worst case (rare but happens) I have to power it off and on by the backside button which of course if very bad for the health of the file system but there is no other choice. What I am wondering is why does this happen just to certain stream sources and not to all ? Not all of them are dead but open after such a long time of blocking the OS which is very annoying. Is there any solution on that ?

I have set up the latest image some days ago and updated by the feed so that now the box is running Apollo 115 Kernel 3.13.5 and using the driver of 2014-12-31.

running skin:
Magic-HD-Night

further addons installed from the feed:
mgcamd 1.38 (just for BISS greek stuff at 3.1E)
Automatic Volume Adjustment
IPTV List Updater

further addon since it is missing from the feed:
DisplayControl (copied folder in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/)

Also when starting stream sources now "Buffering" appears showing up how much the loading process has advanced. On some stream sources it shows up 0%, 33%, 66% and keeps latter as a stamp in the running video as you can see in my screenshot attachment. Could this be fixed please ?
Some videos start counting in smaller steps like 1%, 2%,.. which I do prefer. Does this depend on the structure of the stream ?

I had on my wish list long ago to see stream loading progress in small steps and also downloading speed in kbps and when running showing up video and audio bitrate in the program status bar somewhere. Can we expect this in the future ?

So far for now.
Thanks for your hospitality and for reading.
Best regards from Stuttgart.