PDA

View Full Version : setup dish

sproson
02-01-15, 20:05
Hi could anyone recommend anyone that can setup my motorised dish as it no quite right in live in stoke on trent

roy0110
02-01-15, 22:09
theres a guide in the forum here...
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18087-Fruitballs-Motorised-Installtion-Guide

have a look at that but if you are not confident on taking the job on you will need a satellite installer.

perhaps you can say why you think its not quite right?
it could be the dish is setup correctly but you may have some settings wrong on your receiver, or it could be something simple such as loose/badly fitted j-connecter or similar.
you might get some good advice and save a few pennies.
good luck :)

sproson
02-01-15, 22:24
No mat its the dish its not setup right i got a sat installer in to do the dish but when i put in my long and lat in the box the signal is crap but if i change it the signal goes up but these are the wrong lond and latt i went up to the dish and the pole my motor is on is not even vertical so i need a installer to start all again could you recommend anyone?

Thanks

Clabs
02-01-15, 22:38
Having the pole dead vertical is the basic starting point otherwise everything else will be out.

It may be a silly question but why can you not call the guy who put it up originally and get him to put his shoddy workmanship right?

sproson
03-01-15, 00:44
Mate i have tryed but answer machine comes on surprise surprise i got truly xxxx

Larry-G
03-01-15, 07:57
I know this does not help in your current situation but if the installer is dodging your calls please remember to report him to trading standards, don't Palm it off as a lesson learned as he will just continue to rip people off.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

sproson
03-01-15, 18:11
Ok will do