PDA

View Full Version : remote channel stream converter - download error

tagteam3283
01-01-15, 15:44
hi guys, ive been using partnerbox for about 5 years then moved over to remotechannelstreamconverter about 2 years ago - all been working fine.

updated both my solo2's and my duo a month or so ago and since then i get error when trying to import the channel lists from one of the solo2's - "Download from remote failed". when importing from that specific solo2 to one of the other boxes, they work fine

Any ideas what this could be before i end up having to do a fresh install?

abu baniaz
01-01-15, 15:59
There was significant improvements recently. What image build are you using?

judge
01-01-15, 16:00
What image & build numbers are you currently using?
Some changes were made to the remotechannelstreamconverter plugin in the ViX feeds recently & all working better than ever here now using current build Apollo 115

tagteam3283
01-01-15, 17:55
all on the latest VIX std def image.

i did noticed an update from v99 to 111 on the plugin but it made no diff

abu baniaz
01-01-15, 18:05
Why use "latest" when you can use a number. Your next post must include the build number you are on.

I am on 113 and no issue. Post a screenshot of your RCSC setup page. Working fine here. Perhaps you are missing a step or wrong credentials?

Here you go, video of it working on TM Nano 3T Combo.

twol
01-01-15, 18:19
I would backup your settings, do a couch install of the latest image, restore settings and try again.
I flashed 115 today and installed the remote channel stream converter on my ET8000, so I could watch the football on my ET10000 and it worked fine.

tagteam3283
17-01-15, 14:58
okay boyz n girlz,

I've re installed the "master" box with latest VIX openvix-Apollo.125-vusolo2_usb and still having the same problem. the other two boxes are both runing the same latest version albeit on a Dou and Solo2 - both running latest version of remotechannelstream converter.

any idea s now?

stuart35
17-01-15, 17:30
Try enabling NFS in menu/setup/system/network on both boxes. The client box needs remote channel stream converter only... Not master box. Set ip in rcsc to master box.

tagteam3283
17-01-15, 18:08
thanks for the suggestion.

yes im aware that only the client needs the plugin & that the IP is the master.

The process runs through all the way to end, it connects to the box, scans in all the folders [Reading FTP] then when normally the list of bouquets appears, the error appears instead.

NFS is already installed on all three boxes: Solo2 [lounge], Solo2 [bedroom], Duo [bedroom]

Here is what works: [Client / Master]
Solo2 [lounge] pulls from Duo [bedroom]
Duo [bedroom] pulls from Solo2 [lounge]
Solo2 [bedroom] pulls from Solo2 [lounge]
Solo2 [bedroom] pulls from Duo [bedroom]

Here is what does not work:
Duo [bedroom] when pulling from Solo2 [bedroom]
Solo2 [lounge] when pulling from Solo2 [bedroom]

So basically every combination works except when pulling from the Solo2 [bedroom]

gasmanc
22-05-15, 18:22
Just bumping this thread as I have exactly the same issue and this thread covers some answers, master box is on Apollo build 166 and I can connect to the master from client and stream the existing channel list, however, if i try to download the new settings i get the message "download from remote failed".
I got this message a few builds back after I had updated the master box and it was the same for any client boxes i tried, even those not running vix, I still have the issue and wonder if anyone can help further. Ive ensured that NFS are enabled on both boxes and it is only the client box that has the plugin installed.
Any help much appreciated here.

Cheers

abu baniaz
22-05-15, 18:40
What channel list is on main receiver?

The plugin has got nothing to do with NFS/Shares.

gasmanc
22-05-15, 19:02
Vhannibals is on the main receivers, its actually the auto update plugin for the channel list.

gasmanc
22-05-15, 21:56
I've been playing about and it's almost certainly something to do with the master box image Apollo 166, I'm able to download from every box from my old solo build 808 and also from my dm800se running pli.
It's just the later Apollo build that is giving the failed download error, Ive tried installing new channel list from a few sources and also removing the vhannibals auto update plugin with no success.

abu baniaz
22-05-15, 22:02
There must be a duplicate or error on the master receiver's bouquets.

Walt
23-05-15, 06:58
Update to latest Hades, I had issues with mine on Apollo 166. All ok on Hades 010.

Rob van der Does
23-05-15, 07:43
updated both my solo2's and my duo a month or so ago and since then i get error when trying to import the channel lists from one of the solo2's - "Download from remote failed". when importing from that specific solo2 to one of the other boxes, they work fine

I always create my own service lists and I recently had the same issue (for the first time) after updating my settings.
Although I couldn't find any fault in the servers settings, I made my settings again and all was fine (as it has always been).
So I guess that somehow the setting got corrupted (without giving any issue on the server box).

Huevos
23-05-15, 08:55
This problem is cause by adverts in bouquets.tv. If you want adverts in your bouquetlist that's fine but it's not something OpenViX supports, and which is why those settings aren't available from our feeds.

The version of RCSC on the Hades feeds has been updated to handle this problem.

So the solution is either open your settings in DBE and delete the adverts, or update your client boxes to Hades.

gasmanc
23-05-15, 09:41
Thanks everyon, tried everything including clean install of Apollo with differing channel lists etc but still the message of download failed.
All is well now with the latest version of Hades installed, I can pull from the box without problem.

Rob van der Does
23-05-15, 09:52
This problem is cause by adverts in bouquets.tv.
I never have any adverts in my bouquets.