PDA

View Full Version : Remote Channel Stream Converter Plugin - Sound Issues

iminsh
31-12-14, 17:28
Hi All,
I am using the Ixuss Zero as a second box in the bedroom connected only using the LAN network via homeplugs to the main box a VU+ Solo2 in the living room. I have installed the remotechannelstreamconverter plugin on the ixuss zero and can stream all the channels from the spare tuner on the VU+ Solo2. The problem I am having is with the sound breaking up. I have the tv connected via HDMI and also tried a AV cable but with the same sound breaking up. Both boxes are using the latest VIX image.
Anyone any ideas as to what the problem might be ?

Many thanks in advance.

abu baniaz
31-12-14, 17:33
Can you assign a number to "latest" please? There were changes to the plugin and it would help to know what image you have.

iminsh
31-12-14, 17:46
Thanks for the quick response ........ cannot open the link you posted.

The image versions are Apollo 109 on VU+Solo2 and Apollo 112 on Ixuss Zero.

Hope this helps.

twol
31-12-14, 17:57
Hi All,
I am using the Ixuss Zero as a second box in the bedroom connected only using the LAN network via homeplugs to the main box a VU+ Solo2 in the living room. I have installed the remotechannelstreamconverter plugin on the ixuss zero and can stream all the channels from the spare tuner on the VU+ Solo2. The problem I am having is with the sound breaking up. I have the tv connected via HDMI and also tried a AV cable but with the same sound breaking up. Both boxes are using the latest VIX image.
Anyone any ideas as to what the problem might be ?

Many thanks in advance.
Could be the homeplus connection...... Great concept but sometimes useless.... But if picture OK, then sound is normally OK.

iminsh
09-01-15, 17:40
Thanks for the suggestion but the homeplugs are fine, checked the speed of them with the utility that came with them.
It is just so strange that the HD stream is fine it is just sound breaking up.
Anybody else have any suggestion on setting changes ?

Rob van der Does
09-01-15, 22:41
1- Is this on PCM or on AC3 or on both?
2- Is this only on HD channels or also on SD?
3- Is this also on FTA channels?
4- I would try a wired connection (move the box closer to the server box when needed) to make sure your wireless connection is not the culprit.

iminsh
12-01-15, 20:28
Thanks for the response.
I have tried all combinations of the PCM AC3 sound settings.
The issues affects ALL channels both SD and HD regardless of whether they are FTA or other.
Both boxes are wired connections using homeplugs so no wireless connections.

I have also tried the Ixuss Zero connected to my Pioneer Plasma and still the same sound problems.
Maybe the Ixuss Zero just cannot use the Remote Channel Stream Converter Plugin.
Has anyone used this plugin on the Ixuss Zero successfully ?

Rob van der Does
12-01-15, 21:26
The plugin has nothing to do with it; it only makes (copies) the bouquets.

s31teg
12-01-15, 21:45
I would point the finger to the homeplugs, had a similar issue with my hdmi over lan extenders.

I would suggest using a lan cable to prove this.

Rob van der Does
13-01-15, 07:58
Or at least try a cable; bring the boxes closer together for this test.

bellejt
13-01-15, 11:12
I also had problems with homeplugs and also with wifi extender.Used the wireless from the VU DUO2 itself and no more problems.

iminsh
13-01-15, 21:33
Thanks for all the responses.
Think I will try and fit wireless cards to both boxes and connect via wifi.

s31teg
14-01-15, 08:54
Thanks for all the responses.
Think I will try and fit wireless cards to both boxes and connect via wifi.

Wifi throughput will be similar, you will need a cable to achieve this.

I would recommend buying the correct length cable first to prove this without going to more expense on hardware.

Rob van der Does
14-01-15, 09:50
As I suggested before: I would first test if a wired LAN-connection really helps. Move the boxes close to each other so you can use any available patchcable.