PDA

View Full Version : Help to setup streaming over the net please.

sherry
04-12-10, 09:30
Hi.

I have started to try and setup watching my box over the net.

I have already managed to get it to work over my own network but i would like to get it to work when i am away also. I have got it working with vlc player in the house which works great.

Can anyone please help on how to set it so i can access from anywhere.

Huevos
04-12-10, 18:16
You won't be able to unless you have a big fat upload connection. Otherwise read the sticky about streaming to the net via a PC on your LAN with VLC that reduces the bandwidth before streaming.

birdman99
07-10-11, 22:21
why do i keep hearing contridictions about streaming over the web ,it can be dont it cant be done ,ive been trying to do it for three months and im totally p..ssed of the way i cant get any support and guidence from the reciever company or anyone else,yea there is the odd bit here and there but we are talking about somthing very complex that needs to be setup on your box on your router on your home pc and on your remote pc/laptop whatever.

Larry-G
07-10-11, 22:24
yes you can stream from your box out side of your local network but as you said it has to be setup properly and you need a very good upload speed on your internet connection for any hope of a reliable steady picture especially if you want to stream HD content.

Huevos
07-10-11, 22:41
why do i keep hearing contridictions about streaming over the web ,it can be dont it cant be done ,ive been trying to do it for three months and im totally p..ssed of the way i cant get any support and guidence from the reciever company or anyone else,yea there is the odd bit here and there but we are talking about somthing very complex that needs to be setup on your box on your router on your home pc and on your remote pc/laptop whatever.Not at all. You can stream direct from the Vu+, but... I have checked the bitrate on C5 HD (just as a benchmark). After running the channel for a couple of minutes, maximum video bitrate is showing as 19.8Mbps. Typical ADSL on the other hand is normally 1Mbps upload or less (sometimes as low as 256kbps).

punisher
08-10-11, 19:39
Ur gna need atleast a 10mb upload speed to get a decent pic directly off the duo

Sicilian
09-10-11, 08:37
Theres this guide here, although never tested myself http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3643-Guide-to-stream-your-VU-Duo-over-the-WEB-using-VLC