PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Solution for wifi/dongle problems

jaafr1982
29-12-14, 08:42
image: OPENVIX APOLLO 109

.Problems with wifi,wifi dongle and/or wifi drivers?

After spending hours of not succeeding to activate my chipset 5370 wifi dongle including installing to correct driver (rt3070) and other drivers

AND

after reading and concluding that the ethernet cable is still the best solution regarding speed, being stable etc.
I found the best solution in my opinion as I couldn't extend the ethernet cable from the router to the satellite box.

SOLUTION: NETGEAR WN3000 RP EXTENDED WIFI ADAPTOR

Very easy setup very powerful ! Receives ur router wifi signal and gives you the option to use the ethernet cable or extended wifi signal they are around £30 but i managed to buy a sealed still in the box 1 on a second hand site for half the price...all these hours are solved in a few minutes.

Rob van der Does
29-12-14, 08:50
Not sure what "ur router" is?

Anyway: the next best solution to a LAN-cable is a wireless bridge. I'm using one for almost all my equipment and the result is always a 100% stable connection. All devices are wired to this bridge, so it requires no WiFi setup on any device.

ronand
29-12-14, 09:48
Home plugs are a simple and cheap solution too

Rob van der Does
29-12-14, 10:02
Cheap? For the pice of a good set you have a good wifi bridge.

sandiego69
29-12-14, 10:56
Home plugs are a simple and cheap solution too

Yes and they have been proven to cause interference with radio signals for amateurs like my self. They should be banned.

degoosefish
02-02-15, 23:38
Experiencing same problem I have RT5370 wifi aerials which (1) now won't pick up the wifi signal at all when scanning or (2) scans wireless, finds wifi, connects to it enter the wpa key and tells me network is activated but when checking wireless status it shows not connected and/or it also shows (encryption problem) and or signal quality 10/100.

to further add these RT5370 wifi aerials did work previously using Vix image

A few weeks back I noticed this issue with wifi usb adapters - not sure if this is technical or pure luck but a guy I know was trying to connect to wifi with same usb wifi aerials and I remember that I looked at it his wifi key was default like dss323sls42566 blah blah etc something like that so I changed his wifi key to all numeric digits and the wifi connected so I don't know if this is a fix but its worth a shot

change you wifi key all to digits and try that it might sort the RT5370 issue