PDA

View Full Version : New Picons Help

kris07
28-12-14, 11:42
Hi guys, i want to change my picons but as i'm using an old image i cant download them from the plug in feeds. I've downloaded them from this thread and ftp'd my duo and in my current picon folder there is file such as .Thumbnails, Radio , TV and loads of png files.

Do i just delete the whole picon file and replace? or do i just delete all the png files and replace those?

I've noticed the picons ive downloaded from this tread only have png files, so do i leave the .Thumbnails, Radio , TV and replace the pngs with the ones ive got from this thread ?

Thanks guys.:confused:

Larry-G
28-12-14, 11:49
Backup your existing picon folder then delete the one from the receiver and FTP the new one into replace it. Then reboot the GUI.

kris07
28-12-14, 11:53
Thanks Phoenix i've done that. when you mean reeboot the GUI, does that mean turn the box of and reboot it?

Thanks,

Larry-G
28-12-14, 11:58
Thanks Phoenix i've done that. when you mean reeboot the GUI, does that mean turn the box of and reboot it?

Thanks,

The GUI (Graphical user Interface) or enigma. so in the power options select reboot enigma, thats it job done.

kris07
28-12-14, 12:08
Its not having it at all. ive backed up my old picons and they work but when i copy the new picons on to my box and update GUI i have no picons at all.

Is it something to do with the files in the new picon folder? as there is only png files, and in my old folder i have .Thumbnails, Radio , TV and loads of png files.

Larry-G
28-12-14, 12:12
You dont need all those other folders all you need are the .png files, but if you are running a old image as you say then you will not be able to use the newer SNP format picons because you image does not know what to do with them. you will need to get a picon pack that still uses the service reference ID not the newer SNP ones.

kris07
28-12-14, 13:10
Ok, i think i'm going to have to get the new build, even though i'm happy with his one

thanks for the help

Larry-G
28-12-14, 13:12
Ok, i think i'm going to have to get the new build, even though i'm happy with his one

thanks for the help

Thats the problem with staying on old builds for a long time, new features and updates are for the most part not backwards compatible.