PDA

View Full Version : Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR Twin Tuner Satellite Receiver

bartjunited
28-12-14, 10:24
I'm in the market for a twin tuner receiver an forum sponsor is selling this for 169. I've not used a techno mate before as I've had the vu solo and solo 2. Wanted to get thoughts on how good it is and if anyone else uses them. Are they reliable and I assume the vix image will run the same on them.
Oh and can you use a 3.5 inch hdd inside it

Thanks in advance

Bart

Andy_Hazza
28-12-14, 10:43
You can only use a 2.5 hdd

bartjunited
28-12-14, 10:57
Ta

Any thoughts about the box

Larry-G
28-12-14, 11:06
Personally I realy like mine, its as fast as the solo2 but then again it should be as it's based on the solo2. It's smaller than the solo2 and has no display just two LED's but I like that about it too. My only niggle was that my cooling fan became very noisy after about 6 months so I just took the one out of my TM Nano instead, but it's not needed if you dont have a HDD fitted.

bartjunited
28-12-14, 11:16
Thanks for that
I would be happy to go with your recommendation as you clearly know your stuff.
The box won't be as heavily used as my solo as it's for my brother
As I'll have to support it I just need to know it's reliable and we can use the same vix image . Does it come with fittings for a hdd or do I have to get anything extra.

Final q I've a dual lnb and need 3 feeds, 2 fir the twin tuner and 1 for another box, could I use a konig splitter to split 1 of the lnb feeds for the twin tuner box

Larry-G
28-12-14, 11:22
Yes it runs ViX but dont try flashing the Solo image to any thing but a solo, use the correct image for your receiver, if you know how to setup ViX on one box the same applies to any other we support.

I am not sure if the HDD fittings come included with the Nano2 super, I know they did not with the Nano OE, instaed you had to be purchase them separately, the sponsor will be able to clarify that if you ask him.

as for splitting satellite feeds, no its not possible to do that, so you will need to fit larger capacity LNB I have two Octo LNB's on my sky dishes at home providing 8 feeds each for my satellites.