PDA

View Full Version : info before i buy

Nav
28-12-14, 08:40
Hi guys, i currently have a dm800 sat and amiko t2 cable VM box, lookin to ditch the 2 box setup for a all in 1 type box, before i jump into it just need some pointers. will this box do both jobs in 1? Will it run all e2 plugins/softcams like mgcamd, epg, auto boutiques etc? If anyone knows of any sort of setup guide or where i can find a online manual for a read would be greatly appreciated

Larry-G
28-12-14, 08:50
yes this receiver will run all the usual E2 plugins just fine, barring those that are restricted by licence or hardware conditions. as for a setup guide, have a look on www.openvix.co.uk for the ViX manual and there are flashing tutorials there too for most ViX supported receivers.

Nav
28-12-14, 23:23
Thanks dude, has anyone actually got one running with both sky and vm, jus want to know how easy it is to all setup

FoxForceFive
07-01-15, 19:08
I have it set up & running with both, it's relatively easy.

Won't go into all details, but simple steps are setup autobouqetmaker for sky UK or freesat as usual, then set up virgin & your area in autobouqetmaker, run it & then check the free channels work.

The rest of it works exactly the same as on your dm800.

The epg I just updated rytec providers in the crossepg settings & added rytec virgin UK as well as sky UK.

All worked perfectly.

Had to guess at my virgin area number in autobouqetmaker & got it right first time but there's only a couple of numbers to cover each area so will be easy enough to do through trial & error too.

It's an incredible box, my vu duo blew my dm800 away but this is another step up in class from that too.

valhalla
11-01-15, 17:12
hi , im also running both and I started with a amiko mini hd

its abit more involved setting it up but once you get there worth it

only problem I had was with the autobouquets sky no problem

only just sorted vm one out using laizers c2 lite

probs something I was doing at my end but like everyone

theres always someone to help you out