PDA

View Full Version : Sumvision Cyclone X2 Smart Media Player

huey45
27-12-14, 15:05
Hi Guys

Trying to find some info on above other than what sponsor has posted on site
and i have been to Sumvision, I gather it plays lots of media platforms, but I cannot find
any reference to *smedia which I use on my VU+ Uno box, if the above supports this in
standalone mode, this would be nice as a second downstairs box for my
missus, as she tends to hog my sat box, any info appreciated

Thanks in advance

duoduo
27-12-14, 22:12
The box you ask about is an Android box not a satellite receiver.. You can get xbmc on this which is your alternative to tsmedia.

huey45
29-12-14, 19:26
Hi im not up to speed with Xbmc, what can it do in relation to Tsmedia, I generally watch movies on my Uno sat box ??

cactikid
29-12-14, 21:03
is it now called kodi having to setup my sumvision box,google chromecast is another project i am getting next week as it plugs into hdmi:D

duoduo
30-12-14, 09:51
Go to Google and type in TV addons, go to the forum and have a good read. Kodi (fka xbmc) is far better than watching tsmedia on your receiver, to many benefits to mention on this thread. As I say go onto that forum have a good read and ask away, very helpful community. Before purchasing the box mentioned above, I can highly recommend for you to have a read over the specs for the Amazon fire Android box. .

duoduo
30-12-14, 09:53
is it now called kodi having to setup my sumvision box,google chromecast is another project i am getting next week as it plugs into hdmi:D

There is a wizard to install kodi on your Android box, again go to TV addons from memory it's on the first page along with step by step instructions. It is really straightforward to do and you will be up and running in no time.

http://www.tvaddons.ag/install-kodi/