PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] VU+ VIX build 109 - SSH2 - can it support it

iwg
25-12-14, 22:57
Hi - don't know if I am on right page - I do remember previous links to a support page where a user was prompted for build details (which are VU+ Solo2 running Apollo 109 with a USB flash install around 106 - recent upgrades all OK online with settings restore) Build very stable with YouVix 1080 skin. My query now is - can the Solo2 work with SSH logins rather than telnet. Pretty sure router blocks external telnet but thought I'd try SSH on the VU+ anyway. From my PC I can't get connected but doing a "ssh@localhost" on the Solo2 works so suspect there might be some SSH functionality there. Also sftp (which is also port 22) works OK. I can't find a sshd.conf file so suspect that SSH functionality is not supported?

birdman
26-12-14, 01:47
I use ssh all of the time to connect to my OpenViX box.
Given that sftp is "just" a sub-protocol request over an ssh stream then ssh should be working. I can't remember having to do anything to enable it.

Rob van der Does
26-12-14, 06:56
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

Trial
26-12-14, 09:40
Hi,
have you given root a password? Some SSH connections need a password to work. I normally use SSH on my Ultimo/Solo2/Duo2.

ciao

iwg
03-01-15, 00:31
Hi Trial - yes - have the root password (THat is OBLIGATORY in my world!) Will follow Rob's link back to a main thread now. (PS Catching up after been offline for a few days)

iwg
03-01-15, 00:34
Hi Trial - yes - have the root password (THat is OBLIGATORY in my world!) Will follow Rob's link back to a main thread now. (PS Catching up after been offline for a few days)
Rob had remined me of the proper link to post a problem - bookmarked now. Thanks.