PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a dud box

inchwise
03-12-10, 19:12
Hi

Just got my vu+ duo switched on language selection screen appears, use remote, nothing happens using up down and select, however the green ir light is on when button depressed. Tried to move dial on left hand side nothing.

Next put formatted FAT 32 san disk usb (front) with vix 1.2 image just takes me to language selection with default firmware.

Now I'm trying to log on via ethernet, I'm trying 192.168.1.5 is this the default ip address of a VU+

Thanks if you can help

sonc
03-12-10, 19:23
I would power-off completely and try again. It should recognise the USB in the front slot and display a message on the front of the receiver to show that its loading from the USB. If it doesn't, try a different USB stick.

There is no default IP address, it will be whatever your router allocates using DHCP. I don't think it will have an IP in any case until it fully boots up.

Maxwell
03-12-10, 20:00
How have you setup the usb stick i.e. exactly what files did you put on there ?

inchwise
03-12-10, 20:22
Hi, managed to flashed box vix 1.2 image, I get to video input selection and remote ok button does nothing, again green IR light comes on
(so batteries work) to say that signal is recieved. Should I be able to use dial to select tv input or not. Trying to identify if I have dud remote or dud front panel possibly ?

Thanks for help so far

Maxwell
03-12-10, 20:25
try some new batteries in the remote, its common for the ir not to work correctly if the batteries are not up to scratch

inchwise
03-12-10, 20:55
Tried 2 set of new batteries still same problem, Should I be able to use the dial on front panel to move menu items up and down ?, never used VU+ before, so sorry for such a basic question

Maxwell
03-12-10, 20:57
did you do a full power off reboot after flashing, tbh dont know about the front dial as I have never used it

inchwise
03-12-10, 21:02
Yeap, flash went ok, and full power off, just can't input device in any way

Maxwell
03-12-10, 21:06
try reflashing again, the flash could be corrupted

silverfox0786
03-12-10, 21:20
try reflashing again, the flash could be corrupted

i'd agree redownload the image and reflash and this timr if you can format the USB Stick too i suspect a trojan or worm on your USB Stick corrupting the flashing process

also do a ful virus scan on the pc you are using

inchwise
03-12-10, 21:46
Thing is box only arrived today and in it's default mode, could not get remote/dial to work, I think there might be some sort of assembly problem with the front panel, but don't want to open up past first screws in case of voiding warranty.

pooface
03-12-10, 22:07
Thing is box only arrived today and in it's default mode, could not get remote/dial to work, I think there might be some sort of assembly problem with the front panel, but don't want to open up past first screws in case of voiding warranty.

One thing I would ask, what does it say on the VFD? Does it say "Starting..."??? Also, whenever you power off the box, leave it turned off for 30-60 seconds. Linux boxes do not like being turned off and on quickly...

inchwise
03-12-10, 22:26
Yes VFD comes up with "starting", then boots on original image it says "select language" on current image it is "VU+ Duo". I think majority of box is o.k but can't input to box. I'm switching off box and pulling power cable for minutes at a time.

Thanks

Maxwell
03-12-10, 22:33
If you have flashed correctly it should boot into VIX not the original image, Power off insert your usb and boot from a power off, the VFD should then say reading usb followed by erasing flash etc

Sicilian
03-12-10, 22:35
Yes VFD comes up with "starting", then boots on original image it says "select language" on current image it is "VU+ Duo". I think majority of box is o.k but can't input to box. I'm switching off box and pulling power cable for minutes at a time.

Thanks

When it says select language can you select on TV screen and press ok? Do you get any display on TV screen? Have to switched TV to correct HDMI input?

sonc
03-12-10, 22:42
Tried 2 set of new batteries still same problem, Should I be able to use the dial on front panel to move menu items up and down ?, never used VU+ before, so sorry for such a basic question

Just for info really: turn the dial on the front clockwise to move down the menu, or anti-clockwise to go up. To select the menu item, push the dial in, where the small depression for your finger is.

This works on the VIX menus, I didn't try it on the initial set-up menus.

silverfox0786
03-12-10, 22:44
Just for info really: turn the dial on the front clockwise to move down the menu, or anti-clockwise to go up. To select the menu item, push the dial in, where the small depression for your finger is.

This works on the VIX menus, I didn't try it on the initial set-up menus.

just beat me to it sonc was talking so stopped typing but was gonna say the same thing

inchwise
03-12-10, 22:51
VIX is flashed currently, but like I say input does not work in any way, dial does nothing and remote does nothing which means I can't configure any image. I can only presume that there is some sort of problem between "user" IO and motherboard. Thanks for help tonight I need to decide whether to return box tomorrow as I leave country Sunday. Really gutted that it seems the box has a fault.

silverfox0786
03-12-10, 23:32
send it back to retailer they will be able to test it properly for you snd replsce if need be

be sure to flash it back to officail image

inchwise
07-12-10, 10:53
Returned box and retailer has confirmed box input did not work, thanks to all that helped, I now have box that works and just trying to get use to the new remote and options with enigma2 after upgrading from my old TM9100.

silverfox0786
07-12-10, 15:42
glad you got it sorted lol took 19 posts to figure it out :lol3: