PDA

View Full Version : OpenWebif Streaming

neo1607
24-12-14, 00:52
Got my TM-Nano-3T box all setup, works fine on openwebif i can browse all the settings etc, i've ftp'd stuff like my cccam and picon folder to the box so i know networking is fine,

Whenever I try to click on a stream to stream it to my PC it downloads a .m3u file but it doesn't seem to want to play in VLC or WMP or any other program, I've also tried some android apps but it just comes up with "cannot play this steam"

is there something im missing, any settings on the box I should edit, I have the latest OpenVix image from 22nd December installed on the box

neo1607
24-12-14, 00:55
Also on Openwebif if i go to Box Control > Grab Screenshot > Screenshot (video) and set refresh to 0 it is almost live playback so I know OpenWebif is seeing the box perfect

pembo
24-12-14, 01:05
try MPC-HC which I know works, though VLC should also.
You can open the m3u in a text editor such as notepad and pull out the stream URL to test direct if needed.

abu baniaz
24-12-14, 01:13
Just tried a 3t combo using VLC, streamed fine. Was a terrestrail channel though.

neo1607
24-12-14, 01:23
It's weird, I rebooted my box, I can get 1 channel to load fine in VLC, if i try a different channel it won't load, but the 1st m3u stream will load again afterwards, is there any settings I maybe need to edit?

judge
24-12-14, 01:26
How are you stopping the first stream?
If you watch a recording on the box (so no tuners are in use) can you then stream a second channel?

neo1607
24-12-14, 01:31
Just stopped the stream with the stop button on vlc, I will try doing a recording as the box is only new, just got it this afternoon so not done a recording yet.

Actually think it may be an issue with my lnb feed as when i go into SATFINDER, Tuner A says N/A Tuner B says 0.0

http://i.imgur.com/YXv5nnDl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/w6SzCOrl.jpg

abu baniaz
24-12-14, 01:35
Do you have wires connected to all three tuners?
Are they all configured correctly?
What cam are you using? Name and version number please.

neo1607
24-12-14, 01:45
I have the wires connected to lnb feed 1 and 2, I think they are configured correctly? Don't have anything going into the third tuner

Don't suppose it will make much difference but the lnb feeds were 95% strength on my sky box in the settings menu so they should be ok

Cam im using is CCCam 2.3.0 (was just the latest one in the plugins menu)

http://i.imgur.com/Z68uZZnl.jpg

abu baniaz
24-12-14, 01:55
Disable one tuner at a time. Do you get a picture with the other tuner active? Test tuner A then B.

neo1607
24-12-14, 02:24
Rebooted the box Tuner A gets a signal strength when i go into SATFINDER, tuner 2 gets nothing, swapped cables about nothing, tried one cable at a time, only tuner A got a lock.

However I know both feeds are working coz they work perfect in my sky box, is it possible I have been sent a faulty TM-Nano-3T with a faulty set of tuners :'(

http://i.imgur.com/SmDnDXJl.jpg

abu baniaz
24-12-14, 02:29
Possibly. Contact your reatiler.

neo1607
24-12-14, 02:32
Got it from the forum sponsor, only problem is I won't get the box till the new year now :(

Think it could be a software issue / reflash fix it, or not worth the bother?

judge
24-12-14, 02:40
When you had one channel streaming, what was the box doing? was it tuned to another channel or the same channel?
With the box streaming, does the FIB (OK button press) show more than tuner A in use?

neo1607
24-12-14, 02:43
Was tuned to the same channel dunno about what it said

I did have PiP working earlier though on 2 different channels

I've tried flashing a 4D image instead of Vix to see if it notices the second tuner

judge
24-12-14, 02:49
Was tuned to the same channel dunno about what it said
Using the same working tuner/tuner config/feed so.

I did have PiP working earlier though on 2 different channels
Do you remember the channels? If on the same transponder, PIP would work on a single feed/tuner. If not, both tuners were working.

I've tried flashing a 4D image instead of Vix to see if it notices the second tuner
Let us know how you get on...

neo1607
24-12-14, 02:54
No luck with the 4D image, second tuner still isn't showing anything

Poor show when a £199 box has a dodgy 2nd tuner :(

Wouldn't mind but will most likely have to wait till after new year now before getting a replacement box which is frustrating

neo1607
24-12-14, 20:40
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem

Tried swapping lnb feed cables about on the box, tried moving sockets on the lnb to see if it was maybe just a dodgy feed, even tried several different images. Tuner B just refuses to pick up a signal.

Box was only delivered yesterday (23rd Dec) just a shame if the tuner is dead because I will have to wait till 5th Jan to get a new one now.

Is there anything else I could possibly try?

cactikid
24-12-14, 21:13
is tuner b setup correctly for the sat you are using,recheck tuner configuration?

recheck your f connector and you dont have a splitter on the cables.

neo1607
24-12-14, 21:19
No splitter on the cables, they came straight off a Sky setup, so the cables go direct to the LNB, and the f connectors should be fine as both feeds get 95% strength on my old sky box.

Tuner B is setup correctly as far as I can tell

http://i.imgur.com/Z68uZZnl.jpg

cactikid
24-12-14, 21:29
looks correct may need to see what others suggest and the core of f plug looks ok as i had that on a duo for weeks and blank recordings:rolleyes:

abu baniaz
24-12-14, 21:49
Going by your other thread, you have tried everything. Send a message to the seller and he'll get back to you soon.

Larry-G
24-12-14, 21:50
Try disabling all tuners but tuner B and see if it picks any thing up, also never assume any thing, if in doubt remove and refit the f-plugs after all its a two minute job and will guarantee they are fitted and working correctly, instead of just assuming so.

jwestwood74
24-12-14, 21:50
I had the same problem with my nano2 super by trial and error i stripped off the outer shield wire on the b wire and everything now works perfectly it was almost like it was shorting it out

abu baniaz
24-12-14, 21:52
Please see this thread so OP does not have to keep repeating himself

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42905-OpenWebif-Streaming

jwestwood74
24-12-14, 21:53
I had the same problem with my nano2 super by trial and error i stripped off the outer shield wire on the b wire and everything now works perfectly it was almost like it was shorting it out

Larry-G
24-12-14, 21:53

yes thats why I say don't just assume the cables and f-plugs are ok if they were working on a previous system, just unscrewing them from one receiver can be enough to cause issues.

neo1607
24-12-14, 21:55
Thanks abu baniaz for linking to the other thread e-mailed the forum sponsor yesterday but no response yet, I understand he is closed for the festive season which is why im trying to resolve this myself as I don't really want to wait till 5th Jan for a replacement

Larry-G
Please see this thread so OP does not have to keep repeating himself

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42905-OpenWebif-Streaming

The OP would not need to repeat him self if he did not start multiple threads for the same issue. one is more than sufficient and will cause less confusion for those trying to help him.

jwestwood74
i had to totally remove the shield wire and just have the copper centre in place completly wierd i know

neo1607
Will try stripping down both the A and B feeds and refitting the f plugs see if that helps at all

jwestwood74
24-12-14, 21:57
also try removing the shield like i said if still not working think you will find your problem solved this way

neo1607
The original thread was originally about openwebif that turned into a tuner problem thread, I assumed posting about the actual hardware fault in the correct box forum would maybe get a little more help :)

Larry-G
Will try stripping down both the A and B feeds and refitting the f plugs see if that helps at all

It's worth a try just to be thorough and rule it out if nothing else.

Larry-G
24-12-14, 22:01
Poor show when a £199 box has a dodgy 2nd tuner :(

Wouldn't mind but will most likely have to wait till after new year now before getting a replacement box which is frustrating

Thats always a possibility with any thing from a toaster to a multi million pound jet plane, and while it may be frustrating for you, if the unit is indeed defective it will be repaired or replaced under warranty.

neo1607
24-12-14, 22:12
ok didn't strip down Feed A as that is providing a solid 96% strength signal to Tuner A anyway, i stripped down the cable that's going into Tuner B and tried again, still nothing being detected, I can't see any obvious fuses or caps blown on the motherboard.

Does it still sound like it's a hardware issue?

jwestwood74
24-12-14, 22:15
did you completly strip all the outer wire off ??

try taking the f plug off totally and just sticking the copper middle wire into the lnb

Larry-G
24-12-14, 22:15
ok didn't strip down Feed A as that is providing a solid 96% strength signal to Tuner A anyway, i stripped down the cable that's going into Tuner B and tried again, still nothing being detected, I can't see any obvious fuses or caps blown on the motherboard.

Does it still sound like it's a hardware issue?

Yes if you have tried every thing within reason to diagnose the cause of the fault without success just contact the sponsor and let him take it from there. Also send him a PM via the forum, he will get it when the shop re-opens in January and for the time being the receiver will work happily with just a single tuner, providing you dont want to watch and record multiple channels at the same time.

neo1607
24-12-14, 22:16
did you completly strip all the outer wire off ??

try taking the f plug off totally and just sticking the copper middle wire into the lnb

Tried this didn't make any difference

Yes if you have tried every thing within reason to diagnose the cause of the fault without success just contact the sponsor and let him take it from there. Also send him a PM via the forum, he will get it when the shop re-opens in January and for the time being the receiver will work happily with just a single tuner, providing you dont want to watch and record multiple channels at the same time.

The main reason i got this box was to use it to watch and record multiple channels, however I will just have to hold off until I get my replacement box i guess

Thanks for all the help guys :)

jwestwood74
24-12-14, 22:17
Then must be faulty tuner leaving you no option but to contact supplier

neo1607
24-12-14, 22:20
Just out of curiosity does anyone know how the sponsor handles replacement boxes as I see he is open on the 30th for Online/Shipping orders only, hopefully he may send me out a replacement that day to get me up and running and then I can post back my faulty one when he reopens on the 5th

Larry-G
24-12-14, 22:22
Just out of curiosity does anyone know how the sponsor handles replacement boxes as I see he is open on the 30th for Online/Shipping orders only, hopefully he may send me out a replacement that day to get me up and running and then I can post back my faulty one when he reopens on the 5th

you would need to return the unit to him, he would then test it him self and take it from there.

neo1607
24-12-14, 22:28
Crap so I may be without it even longer than i thought :(

cactikid
24-12-14, 22:54
on the points of stripping outer shield off sat cable that uses it as a part of an earth process does it not? i would always have it there for safety.:D

Rob van der Does
24-12-14, 23:10
I merged the two threads.