PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Upgrading image from Vix 3.0 806

skronk
23-12-14, 11:52
Hi all,

I have Vu Duo :thumbsup:and Venton HD2 :(
Both running the above image. Each machine has about 15 timers set, so obviously I don't want to lose these and manually re-enter them !!
What is the procedure (if any) to save the timers and channel lists bearing in mind my current image is rather old compared to the latest Vix release, Apollo 8 ?

Thanks in advance, and Merry Xmas to all.

bellejt
23-12-14, 12:04
Ftp your timers to pc and ftp them back after updating.they are in dirctory : /etc/enigma2 (timers.xml and autotimer.xml) .I do this with all the important settings also my setup an LCD4.

Rob van der Does
23-12-14, 12:27
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

skronk
23-12-14, 13:05
Ftp your timers to pc and ftp them back after updating.they are in dirctory : /etc/enigma2 (timers.xml and autotimer.xml) .I do this with all the important settings also my setup an LCD4.

Thanks for your help.

hilly
23-12-14, 13:56
this didnt work for me once so i write them all down as a backup plan.

skronk
23-12-14, 14:00
this didnt work for me once so i write them all down as a backup plan.

I could certainly live without putting them in manually !!

Larry-G
23-12-14, 14:04
Remember to put enigma to sleep first before you transfer any .xml files using a telnet session and the init 4 command. These are live system files and very prone to corruption if edited or transferred while enigma is live.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk