PDA

View Full Version : box gone funny

hullfc27
22-12-14, 17:12
did a software update stuck on the update screen for around 20 mins switched it off switched back on now it says starting on the box and is doing nothing!!! any one know what i need to do?

tried reflashing not even registering just says starting and a red button!!

nsw9154
22-12-14, 17:22
Try a fresh re-flash via USB stick of the last stable image that you had on your Duo before you tried the last update, you should also be able to do a system restore so that you can get your settings back

just noticed that you tried re-flashing is it a red button or a RED LIGHT

hullfc27
22-12-14, 17:24
wont let me just tried same response red light in left corner and it says starting.......its only a few week old as well

Larry-G
22-12-14, 17:26
Power the receiver down via the switch on the rear panel and leave it for half a hour then try again. Also format the USB stick you use to flash the receiver and check the file structure of the image prior to putting it on the stick.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

nsw9154
22-12-14, 17:27
strange it sounds like the old red light of death but that should not happen with a New Original Duo

are you sure that it is not a Clone

pz8l8t
22-12-14, 19:09
If its new mate return it under warranty if you can't get it going with the methods suggested in this thread..

hullfc27
23-12-14, 13:38
you tell me if its a clone....was bought from world of sat so i m hoping not no.....cheers

Larry-G
23-12-14, 15:06
you tell me if its a clone....was bought from world of sat so i m hoping not no.....cheers
WOS does not sell clones so you can rule that out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

nikefreak4eva
29-12-14, 19:17
Looks like I have the Same Issue - I changed the Capacitor even tho I changed it afew weeks ago.. if I leave the box of for 20 Mins work but soon as I change the channel the whole box freezes.. so I disconnected the Hard drive and it worked for 30 mins then started Freezing again - thinking might be Power Supply or Software?? any ideas guys

cactikid
29-12-14, 21:16
got many plugins on box,do you use cacheflush recomended for the duo and got a swap file setup,want to rule everything else out first.

nikefreak4eva
29-12-14, 21:37
nope didn't know what cacheflush is ill give it a bash