PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

terryuk22
22-12-14, 17:06
i still have the orig vu uno always been outstanding...

Now is the solo2 better picture quality not that the uno is bad

says twin tuner

I only have A LNB with one output and would be almost impossible to run another cable so...

could I get one tuner that does sat and another that doe's terrestrial - so i can record a BBC1 on terrestrial and say watch something on 23e etc

Larry-G
22-12-14, 17:23
I can't really compare PQ as it has been a while since I fired up my Uno but I can't say I noticed any real difference to be honest. As for tuners the solo2 has two fixed DVB-S/S2 (satellite) tuners, you can't add more unless they are USB style tuners.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

timofee
23-12-14, 15:10
You could add a USB tuner to your VU+ Uno1 and save the expense of buying a complete new box.

A second mini-dish for 28°e coupled with a plug in dual tuner would be the neatest solution, but I know that is difficult for most situations.

s2tephen
23-12-14, 16:13
terryuk22
google ( Stacker Destacker )
might solve your one cable problem
lets you run Dual LNB / twin sat via one cable.
Use it myself on one of my systems works ok.

terryuk22
24-12-14, 00:19
so if i bought a tuner + a small dish i can do it that way are there any threads on this

timofee
24-12-14, 14:14
I don't know if there are specific threads but it is quite a common setup and you will get good help here.

Get the VU+ Uno Ultimo Duo2 Plug and Play DVB-S/S2 Dual / Twin Tuner Module from WoS. Fit that inside the Uno, it is a simple replacement for the existing single tuner.

Plug in your motorised dish cable to the lower LNB input and the mini dish cable into the upper LNB input. The VU+ Uno will remember the settings you already have for the motorised dish, then set up the fixed dish to 28°e.