PDA

View Full Version : vu solo2

terryuk22
22-12-14, 16:53
looking for a almost new genuine one that was bought from WOS bear in mind price now dropped on wos to 250ish
can pay paypal bank transfer only on prof of ownership as i have been stung once before

Sicilian
23-12-14, 09:56
If one doesn't come up forsale maybe you should consider one of these ;) http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-3T-COMBO-Enigma-2-HD-Receiver-PVR

gataboy1
23-12-14, 10:46
If one doesn't come up forsale maybe you should consider one of these ;) http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-3T-COMBO-Enigma-2-HD-Receiver-PVR

Just to clarify; with this box "Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO" its possible to receive a signal via cable (i have Virgin) and satellite..?

Sicilian
23-12-14, 10:47
Just to clarify; with this box "Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO" its possible to receive a signal via cable (i have Virgin) and satellite..?

Yes it has a 3rd Hybrid tuner DVB-C/T/T2.

gataboy1
23-12-14, 11:01
For virgin ive got a Tivo box....what a nasty, horrible bit of kit...

In September i bought a Solo 2. (first experience of enigma) and have to say I am very happy with it.

However with the knowledge I have picked up from constantly "fiddling" with the Solo and the forum I think this could be the way to go.."Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO"…. Maybe an early birthday present might be on the cards..!...or probably a divorce…!

How difficult is it to set up for cable..?..is there a guide..?

Sicilian
23-12-14, 11:02
[QUOTE=gataboy1;333156
How difficult is it to set up for cable..?..is there a guide..?[/QUOTE]

Only FTA support here for Cable, sorry.

gataboy1
23-12-14, 11:23
Ok I fully appreciate what you are saying, however it would be prudent not to assume that I don’t want to use FTA cable.

Its probably a bit bizarre to even consider doing, but I don’t suppose wos would be too unhappy if I spent another couple of hundred with him

Sicilian
23-12-14, 11:26
Ok I fully appreciate what you are saying, however it would be prudent not to assume that I don’t want to use FTA cable.

Its probably a bit bizarre to even consider doing, but I don’t suppose wos would be too unhappy if I spent another couple of hundred with him

You would still only get FTA support...

gataboy1
23-12-14, 11:52
Sicilian, please be assured I am not trying to find out how to do anything illegal, just want to know if I can connect to Virgin cable and get some guidance on how to do this..

The small print..

In my sitting room I have a Vu Solo2

In my kitchen diner I have a Vu Se

Currently in my lounge I have a Tivo box and a full Virgin package.

In 28 days the package will be cancelled and the Tivo box will be returned to Virgin, because it totally sucks.

I will still continue with Virgin broadband and they have allowed me to keep the FTA channels.

So I will need another box, however for reasons I won’t bore you with it will be a while before I can get satellite into the lounge, but it will happen sometime next year.

The bottom line is: I have cable so why not use it, but in the future I will have satellite so why not buy what looks like a very good box that will suit my current situation and is future proofed..

I hope this helps…

bartjunited
23-12-14, 21:54
How do the techno mates compare to the Vu s in terms of quality, speed and support. I've only ever had a solo and solo 2 and have found both really good and stable

terryuk22
24-12-14, 00:29
Technomate TM-Nano-3T looks interesting as above vs uno solo etc

Larry-G
24-12-14, 00:35
Build quality is second to none in my opinion, although some of their boxes do look like 80's VCR's LOL. support wise they run the exact same ViX image as any Vu+ receiver does.

terryuk22
24-12-14, 00:39
i used to run vix did for years but now on black hope so will it work with b/h

terryuk22
24-12-14, 00:46
when you consider vu uno 2 years.
There are new boys on the block for £200 now that do a hell of a lot more.

Larry-G
24-12-14, 00:49
i used to run vix did for years but now on black hope so will it work with b/h

Nope, BH work exclusively for Vu+ these days so if you want to use a BH image you have to use either a Vu+ receiver or a cheap shitty clone with a patched BH image.

Spoof
25-12-14, 21:36
How do the techno mates compare to the Vu s in terms of quality, speed and support. I've only ever had a solo and solo 2 and have found both really good and stable

Skoda versus Rolls Royce (I am in the unfortunate position of owning a 2T which ain't even a Skoda - luckily, I got the Rolls (Solo2) too).

Larry-G
25-12-14, 22:24
Skoda versus Rolls Royce (I am in the unfortunate position of owning a 2T which ain't even a Skoda - luckily, I got the Rolls (Solo2) too).

you just cant compare a 2T with a solo2, the 2T is based on the Duo the Nano2 super is based on the Solo2.

iwg
25-12-14, 22:35
Hi Pheonix - sorry for asking an off-post question - but how do you actually start a New Thread on this website? I have been searching for the NEW THREAD link for the last 30 minutes and can not find it. I am on Win8.1/Chrome. I would like to start a new tech query but can not find new post. I had this same problem about 6 months ago.
Thanks

Larry-G
25-12-14, 22:39
just go into the section you want to create a thread in and look for the new thread button in the top left corner just above the other threads.

iwg
25-12-14, 22:46
Thanks for that - I missed being in right section - was looking for it from the currently active Top posts

terryuk22
30-12-14, 16:49
Thanks for all the reply's help and advice
what I decided to do is got for the vu duo 2 (new) thanks to all my Xmas gift's.
Reason is had a uno for 2 years + never missed a beat and supports blackhole as well
as never could get network from laptop to work on VIX as in accessing the UNO hard drive TMP folders from laptop
lets just hope the duo is as reliable as the UNO and picture quality is better.