PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Majorly unreliable Duo

hyperjase
21-12-14, 17:48
I keep updating as new versions come out BUT I'm having MAJOR (and I do mean major) issues with my Duo, in various ways. I re-flashed yesterday. Here is the list of issues as of 24 hours later:

Random Crashes (resulting in a reboot)
Menu pages locking up (the spinner shows up but then spend 10 - 15 minutes spinning extremely slowly)
Downloading new plugins crashes the box (resulting in a reboot)
MiniDLNA - not updating the database, even though I've removed the database and rebooted several time
Slow page loads on the EPG (CrossEPG)
EPG loses data on reboot (either crash or by menu options)

I have had these issues for weeks, varying over different versions and the most annoying is when the menu locks up and I have to switch off-on to get it back (and then sometimes that doesn't work properly either, "Starting" will stay on the display and the channels won't load).

CrossEPG database, Picons and swap files are all located on the USB stick. I have Cache Flush installed, running every 30 mins.

Overall, I'm getting extremely frustrated with problems that just don't seem to go away.

Each time I reflash, I do a clean re-install, choosing not to use a backup created (in the hope that it solves the above issues)

Any ideas?

nsw9154
21-12-14, 18:01
How old is the receiver and can you remember what your last stable version of vix before you started having these problems as it could be the capacitors starting to fail

hyperjase
21-12-14, 19:04
Receiver is around 16 months old, last stable version - I can't actually remember, been having these problems for a long while - was hoping new versions would sort it, but that hasn't been the case.

judge
21-12-14, 19:10
Any crash or debug logs to add to the thread?

hyperjase
21-12-14, 19:17
Two crash logs attached (1 minute apart) - this was the crash log from when I was attempting to download a plugin (happened twice).

Sadly no other logs as I reflashed yesterday.

hyperjase
21-12-14, 19:20
Now after losing the EPG, I can't download any CrossEPG updates - keeping getting a NIM error??

judge
21-12-14, 19:24
How does it run without installing any plugins on a fresh flash?

hyperjase
21-12-14, 19:28
I usually install everything once I reflash - I've added less this time than usual but it seems to just be very unreliable. I'll decide to go in to the menu to change something then the spinner will show up, spin extremely slowly and then I'll have to switch off-on to get it working (and lose the EPG data in the process).

Could the caps be at fault here?

Andy_Hazza
21-12-14, 19:45
I would do another fresh install but with no plugins (Picons etc), just the bare minimum like setting up a 256mb swap file to the HDD, setup ABM (ViX) and CrossEPG, thats all I would install n see how you go. Don't install cacheflush either at this moment in time.

judge
21-12-14, 19:49
Try a fresh install of a current build with no restores & no plugins added, just set up from scratch.
Let us know then if it's stable after a few days use.

Trial
21-12-14, 20:23
Hi,
errors like:
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/etc/opkg'
Error: accelAlloc failed
show that there is something very wrong with your image. I would also say start from scratch without restore and watch flash and mem.

ciao

hyperjase
21-12-14, 21:54
Will give that a go - thanks. Just one thing; is it best to put the swap file on the HDD or USB?

Tkr001
22-12-14, 02:26
And it would help to list all your plugins, cams etc

judge
22-12-14, 02:33
Just one thing; is it best to put the swap file on the HDD or USB?
Best not use a swap file at all for initial testing. Fresh flash, no restores, no additional plugins installed.
Why do you need a swap file? EPG or other reasons?

Rob van der Does
22-12-14, 16:59
Exactly, just the image and a softcam (if required at all). And settings, ABM e.g.
Nothing else.
And don't restore settings after the flash.