PDA

View Full Version : Versus Vu+

packetstormer
20-12-14, 15:43
How does this box stand up to the Vu+ boxes? I am thinking of replacing my Vu+. I run VIX on that at the moment. Surely the same features would be available on the Technomate running VIX? Playing MKV files? Streaming to other devices? Timeshift etc? Anyone have any opinions, in general?

Sicilian
20-12-14, 15:47
What VU+ box are you comparing too?

packetstormer
20-12-14, 15:51
What VU+ box are you comparing too?

It's the Uno, which is a far lower spec than the Technomate. However, in the past I've only ever had Dreambox and Vu+ boxes and to be honest I am very happy with the Vu+. I was looking at the Solo2 but I would like a triple tuner.

Sicilian
20-12-14, 15:55
Imo the the Technomate are onto a winner with the 3T, great unit, not come across any major issues.

packetstormer
20-12-14, 16:00
Imo the the Technomate are onto a winner with the 3T, great unit, not come across any major issues.

Thanks, seems to be the general concensus. I think I'll go for it. As longs I can preform the same functions as the Vu+ I'll be happy - mostly the movie playback. The extra spec should allow me to compile and run some nice MIPSEL apps on there too, hopefully I can merge my Raspberry functions into it too and retire that.

Rob van der Does
20-12-14, 16:17
You have no HbbTV requirement?

packetstormer
20-12-14, 16:34
You have no HbbTV requirement?

No, haven't thought of it to be honest. I have a terrible broadband connection so I won't be able to stream any internet content for a long while.

FoxForceFive
21-12-14, 22:55
It's an incredible box. Very fast, very smooth, brilliant picture, completely perfect hd & great sd upscale.

The only downside (very minor quibble) to it is the remote, the buttons are a bit spongy, but it's not a deal breaker by any means (I use a harmony remote anyway).

jasonreid7
22-12-14, 21:31
I have the box and it's fantastic so far, I have noticed a couple of crashes and a number of times the box has just shut down but it could be overheating. That aside it's been excellent!

peebee
22-12-14, 21:53
I have one of these stb - very good value. I use the OpenVIX images - very comprehensive.
Be aware though that this stb is not supported by the OpenPli Org - in fact I think they appear to be a little bit miffed that Technomate produced the OpenPLI 4D image

Sicilian
23-12-14, 09:07
Who needs PLi image when you have OE-Alliance support from OpenViX and OpenATV :D

terryuk22
28-12-14, 01:40
will this run black hole

Larry-G
28-12-14, 06:52
will this run black hole

No only Vu+ machines have support from the BH team.