PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Vix solo 2 vpn setup help

Code2006
19-12-14, 19:22
Hi I'm trying to set up vpn on my solo2 but im useless at this sort of stuff
I have followed the guide for openvpn but I'm lost
I really can't get my head round is
Is there a super easy guide to follow?
Also does it have to be open vpn? I have a vpn service with strongvpn if that helps
I appreciate any help given
Thanks

timofee
20-12-14, 15:05
VPN is only for experts. Most people give up.

Code2006
20-12-14, 17:44
You telling me
I keep reading it and reading it I can't get it to work
I think my box ain't making the keys?
Maybe I'm not putting correct info in not sure lol

timofee
21-12-14, 16:05
Notice the lack of help from anyone prepared to take you through the VPN process step by step.

I suggest you keep adding posts to this thread every few days or so - you might get some responses.

s1m0nw
21-12-14, 17:44
If you have followed the vpn guide from finbarr. All you need to do is get client.ovpn file (can't remember the exact filename but it is something like that) from your vpn provider and place the file in the correct location on your sat box. Sorry I can't get the directory for as I am using my mobile so have a look at guide.

judge
21-12-14, 19:18
Notice the lack of help from anyone prepared to take you through the VPN process step by step.

I suggest you keep adding posts to this thread every few days or so - you might get some responses.
This is a satellite forum, not a network forum.

duoduo
21-12-14, 21:58
This is a satellite forum, not a network forum.

That's a little of an unfair comment Judge, there is lots of different subjects/topics on this forum that have absolutely nothing to do with Satellite. Besides which, the guy has a problem setting something up on a satellite receiver!!

judge
21-12-14, 22:12
Besides which, the guy has a problem setting something up on a satellite receiver!!

Something that really shouldn't be done on a sat receiver.
Remember E2 isn't designed with security in mind.
A VPN should really be terminated at router level, so the OP would get faster & more reliable answers on a network forum.

Code2006
22-12-14, 16:14
Something that really shouldn't be done on a sat receiver.
Remember E2 isn't designed with security in mind.
A VPN should really be terminated at router level, so the OP would get faster & more reliable answers on a network forum.
Judge I can see where you are coming from but this is a support forum for vix ( on a satelite forum) and I'm asking about a feature that's on a vix image
If I can't ask about it the feature should be removed then
If I went to a network forum people wouldn't knownwhat I'm talking about as they would prob wouldn't know what a duo box is or vix image
I'm asking here because it's part of the vix image

Martincape
24-12-14, 19:38
I'd like to know how to set this up too. Got a HMA subscription. Works perfectly on laptop and phone but no idea where to start with the Solo2.

Milamber44
24-12-14, 21:02
I use HMA at the Router level, so the whole house is behind the VPN - much neater. Compliments of the Season to All.

Code2006
26-12-14, 14:26
I use HMA at the Router level, so the whole house is behind the VPN - much neater. Compliments of the Season to All.

What is ham?
I might try that but I'm worried it might affect the speed of my ps4 connection

Milamber44
26-12-14, 14:55
It's HMA, Google is your friend, cannot comment on Game Boxes as I don't own one, but consistently get the same up/download speed ***on UK Servers*** as when running "barefoot". Good enough to watch streamed HD movies.