PDA

View Full Version : "couch flashing method"

gataboy1
19-12-14, 16:19
I’ve seen this phrase "couch flashing method" a number of times in various threads....can anybody explain what the difference is between this and a usb flash..?

Larry-G
19-12-14, 16:24
It's basically the same procedure, except that you dont need to use a USB stick, you can even use the receivers internal HDD if one is present and use the restore option from within the image manager to reflash the receiver in seconds, all without leaving the couch, hence the term couch flashing.

Joe_90
19-12-14, 16:26
Assuming you have a network connection on your box, in the ViX menu Image Manager you can select "download" using the yellow button. This brings up a list of available full images from the ViX server. You select an image and then download it to your HDD (same place as your own image backups). Then you can restore the downloaded image over your existing, without going through any intermediate stages of using your PC and a USB stick. You never have to leave the comfort of your couch.:)

You should make a settings backup before restoring the downloaded image.

gataboy1
19-12-14, 16:47
Ok got it...I have actually done this, but didn’t realise that was its “nickname”..!

Rob van der Does
19-12-14, 16:53
You never have to leave the comfort of your couch.:)
And since the introduction I never ever left my couch......

skippie
19-12-14, 21:21
you must be very hungry :)

Sent from my U65GT using Tapatalk

judge
19-12-14, 21:36
you must be very hungry :)
There's an abundance of mars bars around here since Andy managed to escape...