PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 - using an official Sky card, what CCCam and what slot

tagteam3283
16-12-14, 21:25
HI guys,

A quick post which may help some Solo2 users using official S&y cards.

I have been happily using 2xDuo's for over 7 years now and decided its time to update so I bought myself new new Solo2's. I had been using CCCam 2.2.1 with box key generated all working fine for both with the card chip faced down in the top slot - never had a problem. The images were regularly updated at least every week [non-HD VIX].

I had been my official S&y cards in both units then to my dismay when I transferred the cccam settings which had been working for years - it didn't work.

I tried the card upside down, in each slot, using different cams and nothing worked. Popped the cards back into my Duo's and works straight away.

##problem 1 fixed - using the correct CCCam ##
Couldn't find anything on any forums at all except for one item which mentioned that CCCam 2.2.1 will now shows entitlements on CCCam settings. I check this on my Duo and I could clearly see the entitlements for the card with 2 slots available - even with the card NOT inserted. i checked the Solo2 and there was no entitlement information at all. So i uninstalled CCCam 2.2.1v3 and installed CCCam 2.3v2, rebooted the Solo2 and then the entitlements appeared

##problem 2 fixed - using the correct card slot ##
So now I couldn't see the slows I put the cad into the to slot thinking this was sci0 - I was wrong, nothing happened. So I changed the box emu from sci0 to sci1 and whalla! entitlements for the cards appeared until sc1 on CCCam.I changed the sci1 back to sci0 then swapped the card to the lower slot and entitlements appeared in CCCam under sci0 - so in contradiction to the slot setup for solo & Duo, the Solo2 slots are reversed [that is unless something in the image is detecting this incorrectly]. In summary, sci0 is at the bottom, sci1 at the top.

Hope this helps someone. Please feel free to correct me if my finding are inaccurate.

Best regards
tagteam

timofee
18-12-14, 15:30
The standard protocol is that sci0 is the top slot. I suspect a problem with CCcam.

There have been quite a few posts recently saying there are problems using anything other than CCcam 2.3.0 on ViX images.

It's time that everyone learns how to uses OScam.

Larry-G
18-12-14, 16:24
The standard protocol is that sci0 is the top slot. I suspect a problem with CCcam.

There have been quite a few posts recently saying there are problems using anything other than CCcam 2.3.0 on ViX images.

It's time that everyone learns how to uses OScam.

There is nothing wrong with CCcam I still use it regularly, but as you pointed out for some as yet unknown reason you must now use v2.30 on any image built from the OE-A 2.3 core (that's the same for all images not just ViX)

timofee
18-12-14, 23:13
There is nothing wrong with CCcam I still use it regularly, but as you pointed out for some as yet unknown reason you must now use v2.30 on any image built from the OE-A 2.3 core (that's the same for all images not just ViX)

You have avoided the question posed by the OP. Why does the OP's CCcam info show the lower slot under sci0 ?

I don't know the answer, I just suggested that the OP checks the CCcam installation. I would be interested in what you think is cause of the problem.

Larry-G
18-12-14, 23:27
You have avoided the question posed by the OP. Why does the OP's CCcam info show the lower slot under sci0 ?

I don't know the answer, I just suggested that the OP checks the CCcam installation. I would be interested in what you think is cause of the problem.

I have not avoided any thing, I simply stated that CCcam still works fine for me and the problem with older versions is known and affects multiple images not just ViX.

judge
18-12-14, 23:31
/dev/sci0 = top slot & /dev/sci1 = bottom slot on my Solo2. Both working as expected.

Joe_90
19-12-14, 01:32
Opposite on my Quad Plus - bottom slot seems to be the default using cccam. This is using a blank config file.

Rob van der Does
19-12-14, 06:33
Opposite on my Quad Plus - bottom slot seems to be the default using cccam.
The /dev/sci0 = top slot & /dev/sci1 for top and bottom can be reversed on other hardware.

tagteam3283
19-12-14, 18:31
thanks for the replies chaps,

something of interest which i have just noticed. If i set my box key to sci0 or sci1, it doesn't matter which slot I put it into now, it still works fine.

But definitely cc2.3v2 is the only which shows entitlements on cccaminfo and the sc1 on entitlement shows the card in top slot. I don't see anything on VIX image which allow me to swap the sci0 to top slot

Larry-G
19-12-14, 18:36
I always used the top slot with my sky card when I used it in the solo2 with CCcam or Oscam.

Larry-G
19-12-14, 18:41
This is a example of the CCcam.cfg file I used minus my details of course.

SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000
ALLOW TELNETINFO: yes
ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
WEBINFO USERNAME :root
WEBINFO PASSWORD :########
TELNETINFO USERNAME :root
TELNETINFO PASSWORD :########
TELNETINFO LISTEN PORT : 16000
WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001
ZAP OSD TIME :0
OSD USERNAME :root
OSD PASSWORD :########
OSD PORT :80
SHOW TIMING : yes
DEBUG : no
NEWCAMD CONF : no
#DISABLE EMM : yes
#EXTRA EMM LEVEL : yes
SHOW EXTENEDED CLIENT INFO : yes
MINI OSD : no
#MINIMUM DOWNHOPS: 1
CHANNELINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.channelinfo
PROVIDERINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.providers
CAID PRIO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.prio
LOG WARNINGS : /tmp/warnings.txt
SOFTKEY FILE : /var/keys/SoftCam.Key
AUTOROLL FILE : /var/keys/AutoRoll.Key
#STATIC CW FILE : /var/keys/constant.cw
#BOXKEY : /dev/sci1 ########
#BOXKEY : /dev/sci0 ########
#SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 6800000

Joe_90
19-12-14, 19:04
Mine is empty - no boxkey - no nothing. Works fine on all SD channels on my SKY sub card (non-HD sub).

tagteam3283
29-12-14, 10:37
Tony r u saying your official sky card works without any boxkey in the cam file?

Phoenix, any chance of a breakdown of the what those individual lines are in your cam file please?

Also , every now and then i will get a stutter on the service, any idea what this is - will changing the smartcard frequency improve this any?

timofee
29-12-14, 15:11
Stuttering on an official card is not possible. I suspect you have ECMs coming from another source you haven't told us about.

Rob van der Does
29-12-14, 15:16
LOL you say it, I think it......