PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] Power Timers!

Donkeyface
15-12-14, 22:33
Tried setting power timers but box has locked up a few times.
Not sure if i'm setting it up wrong but this is what i want to do and a couple of setting screen shots.

1) i want the Box to go into deep standby @23:55
2) i want the Box to go into standby @9:00

The front of the box displays the time 23:57 when locked up, a hard reboot is the only solution to get it up and running again!
Cheers

Donkeyface
16-12-14, 22:33
Can anyone confirm if the power timers are setup OK?
As I can't find any info on power timers help appreciated.
Cheers

divil_a_bit
16-12-14, 23:03
I've tried power timers with mixed success

Reboot seems to work fine. I have a scheduled reboot at 4am every morning and this works fine. After reboot, I'd like the box to go into deep standby. It NEVER does this for me - just standby only. Not the end of the world I suppose, it just means I can never automatically get the box into deep standby.

I've never had a crash with power timers

Joe_90
17-12-14, 01:35
Here's the power Timer I have set on my Quad Plus. Wakes the box at 06:00 and shuts it down (deep standby) at 06:07. I have ABM set to run at 06:02 and CrossEPG at 06:04

Rob van der Does
17-12-14, 06:41
Can anyone confirm if the power timers are setup OK?
Yep, seems fine to me.
Please activate debuglogs and sent the log from before going deep and from after waking up.

I have a scheduled reboot at 4am every morning and this works fine.
I really wonder why you do this. The box should be capable of an uptime of months.

After reboot, I'd like the box to go into deep standby. It NEVER does this for me - just standby only.
Please show the timer settings that should do that.

Larry-G
17-12-14, 17:24
I really wonder why you do this. The box should be capable of an uptime of months

Indeed, I have one receiver here that has not been powered down or rebooted in any way for easily 10 months and it works flawlessly, including daily ABM and CrossEPG scans.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Joe_90
17-12-14, 17:46
From the point of view of a miserable old fart who puts his Quad Plus into deep standby for at least 12 hours per day, this saves 20W x 12hours x 365 days = almost 88 units of electricity per annum :fart2:

Rob van der Does
17-12-14, 17:56
Absolutely true, and I do that with all my boxes apart from my main box, but that's different from setting a timer to reboot.

birdman
17-12-14, 17:57
At the risk of hijacking a thread, what I would like to do is go to Standby after 30mins of inactivity, and go to Deep Standby after (say) 10 mins in Standby. But when I set this up the Deep Standby timer never seems to get run (because the repeating Standby timer is still running??).

Also, the Standby timer has a habit of trying to activate itslef whilst I am watching a recording (a BBC one, with no ads to skip, so the remote doesn't.

I'll be having a look at the code at some point...

DaMacFunkin
17-12-14, 19:54
Good on you because sometimes (not all the time, can't pin it down) my box powers off during a recording (if it powered itself up) ortells me that there is a power request to shut down during a recording (if I have powered it up).

Donkeyface
17-12-14, 21:46
So do i set 2 separate power timers or set 1?
If 2 separate i assume no after event is required?
If i set 1 deep standby timer with "after event" set to "wake up to standby", is this the way to try instead?

I assume both should work ok????

Cheers

divil_a_bit
20-12-14, 15:11
I really wonder why you do this. The box should be capable of an uptime of months.

I'd expect the box to be capable of an uptime of months. But what harm is a daily reboot doing? When I first started using enigma2, I read about memory leaks here and there - if any are going to happen on my box because of a problem with a plugin etc do to an update, then a reboot will ensure they get cleared each night (assuming the memory leak isn't so bad that it brings the box to it's knees when watching).

Please show the timer settings that should do that.

It's the "afterevent" I'm having problems with. If I set reboot timer to occur at 1am and the afterevent is deep standby, the reboot occurs by the deep standby does not.

A workaround is to create a reboot timer at 1am and an after event of nothing. Then set another deep standby timer for 1.05am.

Rob van der Does
20-12-14, 15:16
Memory leaks are seldom. If you experience that, it's early enough to take measures.

divil_a_bit
20-12-14, 15:33
If it's doing no harm then I don't see a problem ... just in case!

Rob van der Does
20-12-14, 16:05
It's rather pointless doing that, but it's your box.