PDA

View Full Version : Vu zero openvix?

kiwiz
15-12-14, 18:16
i was wondering if vu zero capable with openvix image.

its looking a good box and fair price

Sicilian
15-12-14, 18:19
No plans to support it at this time.

kiwiz
15-12-14, 18:26
okey but will it be supported in future and does it have that feature hd skin youview idk.

planning to get on of those looking a good box with 742 MIPS and a good price

DaMacFunkin
15-12-14, 19:43
They currently have no plans to support it, if they told you they was going to support it in the future then that would be a plan.

e1f123
26-12-14, 15:44
Any support for Vu+ Zero yet?

Larry-G
26-12-14, 15:47
Any support for Vu+ Zero yet?

No nothing has changed in this area, we still have no plans to support this receiver at this moment in time.

Walt
26-12-14, 20:11
No nothing has changed in this area, we still have no plans to support this receiver at this moment in time.
Still a disappointing decision.

chaser
26-12-14, 21:47
Looking over at the pli forums a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the devs were pushing VU into supplying drivers that are compiled in a newer build environment to give better compatibility with their image. I wonder if this is the same reason that Vix are holding back on supporting this box???

Looking back at the Pli forum tonight I notice that they've just recently released an image for this box, having overcome the issues with VU. Let's hope Vix follow suit sometime soon! I've just got my new VU Zero box yesterday (xmas pressie :)), and annoyingly I just spent a few hours yesterday evening setting it up with the VTi image not realising that a PLi image was available. I'm actually quite impressed with the VTi image, but there are a couple of limitations that will probably make me switch over to the PLi image.

Edit: Hopefully ok to quote from their forum:

We are glad to announce that VU+ has been added to our line-up of manufacturers that support OpenPLi with a so-called BSP layer. This means amongst others: up to date DVB drivers / Linux kernels on VU+ receivers and official OpenPLi images for the SoloSE and Zero models. Due to the vast amount of changes to the VU+ images, we strongly recommend, for every VU+ model, to do a clean flash with an image from today or newer. We cannot give support on VU+ receivers that only have heen upgraded after today.

Rob van der Does
26-12-14, 22:15
Looking over at the pli forums a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the devs were pushing VU into supplying drivers that are compiled in a newer build environment to give better compatibility with their image. I wonder if this is the same reason that Vix are holding back on supporting this box?
Nope.
Reading all that stuff you will also have noticed that ViX was amongst the first teams to release images based on the new kernels and drivers for all VU-hardware (half a year ago or so), while PLi only managed to do so a week ago (with a lot of help from the VU devs).

lemi
26-12-14, 23:15
Try OpenATV :thumbsup:

chaser
26-12-14, 23:35
Nope.
Reading all that stuff you will also have noticed that ViX was amongst the first teams to release images based on the new kernels and drivers for all VU-hardware (half a year ago or so), while PLi only managed to do so a week ago (with a lot of help from the VU devs).Sorry. I wrongly thought that PLi were part of OE Alliance, and that you worked closely with them. Looks like that's not the case.

Try OpenATV :thumbsup:Well, I've tried both VTi & PLi, so no harm in trying this one too. :) Downloading latest build now.

chaser
27-12-14, 01:24
Try OpenATV :thumbsup:

Thank you. This is definitely the best of the rest (so far) - particularly once I got my softcam running (which was a bit of a challenge!).

Rob van der Does
27-12-14, 05:51
Sorry. I wrongly thought that PLi were part of OE Alliance, and that you worked closely with them. Looks like that's not the case.
Nope; PLi has been invited to become member, but they refused.

lemi
27-12-14, 08:43
Thank you. This is definitely the best of the rest (so far) - particularly once I got my softcam running (which was a bit of a challenge!). I know but,once you get use to it,is very simple.:p

Walt
06-01-15, 00:03
Any changes on this before I decide which receiver to buy?

Larry-G
06-01-15, 00:21
Nothing has changed

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

sasho
07-01-15, 08:45
guys
have you tried vu zero with additional usb dvbt stick
there Is a youtube clip of zero using usb dvbt stick
for example If a cheap china RTL2832 R802 works you got 2 tuners e2 box with very decent performance and price

Sicilian
07-01-15, 17:28
Any changes on this before I decide which receiver to buy?

We might be supporting the VU+ Zero soon. Samples due from Korea soon, we'll have to see how testing goes.

e1f123
07-01-15, 21:25
We might be supporting the VU+ Zero soon. Samples due from Korea soon, we'll have to see how testing goes.

Sounds good, time shall tell....

Larry-G
13-01-15, 20:11
OK guys the ViX Vu+ Zero image is on the download site www.openvix.co.uk now.

Please be aware there is a fake ViX image circulating, to be sure you are getting the genuine image with full ViX team support only download it from www.openvix.co.uk

Ant1942
07-03-15, 00:32
OK guys the ViX Vu+ Zero image is on the download site www.openvix.co.uk now.

That's great news but before I buy a Vu+ Zero as my second Vu+ box with the great Vix Image already loaded
from the sponsor...... Is the epg on the Zero as good as the excellent epg on the Vu+ Uno & Duo?

Larry-G
07-03-15, 06:46
Is the epg on the Zero as good as the excellent epg on the Vu+ Uno & Duo?

It's identical.