PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Which VIX image stable if possible? Help needed

edmundf
15-12-14, 12:12
Hi Guys
I have a older VIX on one of my boxes and like to have a new one on my other VU-DUO
Is there a "stable" version and what is the difference in the images and the images under the folder "HD"?

I installed the from the first list dd yesterday and have lots of problems.
CCCam not to be found, and I cannot log-in "wrong password although I am already logged-in ???
Following the instruction it says:

now go to your box and press Menu/Setup/System/VIX/Install Local Extension and you should have enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk file in there.

Small problem, I don't have an option VIX under Menu/Setup/System?
Installing the cccam which ( i think ) is installed on my other box by fbrowsing to the /tmp folder, selecting it an choose : "install"
shows NO cccam and softcam manager is nothing.
I need the softcam working, without it the box won't read my card. and I like to have a ccaminfo tool, where is it?
Then the settings uploaded with dreamboxedit, resulst in an error with "reloading" restart teh box manual doesn't help either, setting are not loaded. ( works fine in my other box ).

Help is much appreciated

Edmund

Andy_Hazza
15-12-14, 12:31
Press blue button and ViX will be listed at the bottom.

edmundf
15-12-14, 12:49
Thanks but it doesn't

Edmund

Andy_Hazza
15-12-14, 14:01
Summat has gone wrong then. I would do a fresh install of ViX, latest build is 100 and take it from there.

Larry-G
15-12-14, 16:28
Depending on how old the receiver is and the image you are using, you may first need to update the bootloader, then reflash the receiver via a USB stick. You can find the bootloader, images and a flashing tutorial on our download site.

The HD image was the first image capable of using full 1920x1080 HD skins but the code required has now been merged into the base ViX image so just load the latest version of ViX you can find (Apollo build 100) and go from there.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

edmundf
15-12-14, 18:12
Solved!

I did a fresh install with the HD ( no idea what that stands for ) apollo 0.90 version.
Almost everything seems to be OK now at least the basic things like setting cccam....
Video enhancement setting is weird, when selected all controls disappear and I don't see how to enhance anything.
Apart from typing in EPG search is much to slow to be usable, works fine in VIX from a couple of years ago.

Thanks to all

Edmund

nsw9154
15-12-14, 20:19
Try installing the latest Apollo 100 it's the best yet and the EPG issues have been fixed

Larry-G
15-12-14, 20:34
Solved!

I did a fresh install with the HD ( no idea what that stands for ) apollo 0.90 version.
Almost everything seems to be OK now at least the basic things like setting cccam....
Video enhancement setting is weird, when selected all controls disappear and I don't see how to enhance anything.
Apart from typing in EPG search is much to slow to be usable, works fine in VIX from a couple of years ago.

Thanks to all

Edmund

I told you what the HD image was and that it has been discontinued in the post above your own, I dont mean to be rude but if you cant even read a single post I hold no hope of being able to offer you any further help.

edmundf
16-12-14, 01:11
Installed the Apollo 100 and it looks great.
It has all the -for me - important options, readable and all!
Thanks to the people who made this.

Edmund

Rob van der Does
16-12-14, 11:49
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

sootykhan00
20-12-14, 12:46
Hi can anyone help me? I'm new to all this I've got vu duo box had for a year I got an old vix image on there an I wanna update it to the Apollo I believe its the latest one (but if there's a better one out there please do tell me because I'm clueless about this) anyway I want that one because I believe I could get that sky skin on it the blue one. But I wanna install an HDD drive in there to get an EPG but don't know how to this....so can I get some help please of if there's any chance someone is from Birmingham who can do this for me I will give them some £??? Anyone out there?

judge
20-12-14, 13:06
Hi can anyone help me? I'm new to all this I've got vu duo box had for a year I got an old vix image on there an I wanna update it to the Apollo I believe its the latest one (but if there's a better one out there please do tell me because I'm clueless about this) anyway I want that one because I believe I could get that sky skin on it the blue one. But I wanna install an HDD drive in there to get an EPG but don't know how to this....so can I get some help please of if there's any chance someone is from Birmingham who can do this for me I will give them some £??? Anyone out there?

Have a look at http://openvix.co.uk for the current images, bootloaders & guides. Everything you need is there.

sootykhan00
20-12-14, 13:17
It don't show me how to put on the box?

judge
20-12-14, 13:18
It don't show me how to put on the box?

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/