PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800SE] sat change causing crash

girginoz
15-12-14, 07:20
Not every time but frequently enough, when i select a channel on another satellite a crash is triggered with similar log above.
though i dont understand much, i cant find a dish.py in screens as stated in log, but only dish.pyo.
Hope its my fault and ask your help. Thanks.

Rob van der Does
15-12-14, 07:53
Is there a special trick to trigger this crash? Going from a dedicated sat to another dedicated sat? Only if sat's are way apart? Or....?

The .pyo's are the compiled .py's.

girginoz
15-12-14, 08:53
Thanks for the tip.
From 42E to 28.2E :crash
from 28.2E to 31.5E : crash
from 31.5E to 33E : crash
from 33E to 36E : crash ( this time spinning vix does not stop)

Rob van der Does
15-12-14, 09:15
Trying to reproduce this, I let my dish turn from and to all possible satellites, but I couldn't provoke any issue.
I take it you checked your tuner configuration.
When was the last time you flashed your box?

girginoz
15-12-14, 09:39
was not using the box for 2 weeks. last night i updated to 099 and encountered this problem.
today i flashed 098 without backup and configured all my sats without scanning.
Then using dreamboxedit, loaded enigma2 settings dated 04.11.2014. Do i need new satscans?

Rob van der Does
15-12-14, 09:54
I can't answer that for you; depends on how accurate you want your settings to be. But shouldn't be related to crashing.

girginoz
15-12-14, 10:13
i think i have found it:
after tuner configuration i had used autobouketmaker for türksat out of curiosity and then deleted all related lists form favorites seeing it slowed box.
when i checked /etc/enigma2 i saw 4 DEL files and deleted them: this time crush occured form or tu türksat only. Then i removed checkmark from türksat at autobouketmakers providers and now everything seems fine.

Rob van der Does
15-12-14, 10:19
First of all: I can't see how ABM-Türksat can slow down your box. Apart from my normal settings I quite often have ABM making bouquets for all available providers.

Secondly: if you want to delete some bouquets, this can safely be done via the GUI (servicelist --> menu --> remove entry). Manipulating files by hand is always a bit tricky.

girginoz
15-12-14, 10:33
Secondly: if you want to delete some bouquets, this can safely be done via the GUI (servicelist --> menu --> remove entry). Manipulating files by hand is always a bit tricky.
That was what i did, my friend.:)