PDA

View Full Version : vu solo networking issues

irradiated
13-12-14, 23:26
Hi, ive a vu solo connected to my router via a develo homeplug
up until the other day the plug ins, like you tube, worked fine but now nothing that requires a network connection seems to work, ive also tried cat5 cable direct to the router and just the same
I use a BT homehub 5 and i can see the solo in the router settings, i can ping the solo from a pc and the network test on the solo is all green, i can connect using dreambox edit for ftp and such
only thing i thought of was if its been given a new ip and the homehub wants me to go through new user settings so i disabled it on the router and rebooted everything but its still the same
apart from this the box works great im just stumped on what i think is a network issue, anyone else use BT and found something similar

robbiecookie101
14-12-14, 09:49
Hi Irradiated

How have you configured the Vu Solo's network? are you using a static IP or DHCP?

Your problem sounds to me like you either have an incorrect gateway or DNS settings configured on your VU solo.

If the IP config is correct then check the space left on the internal flash of your VU solo - if this is full then it could explain your problems.

Thanks
Robbie

Andy_Hazza
14-12-14, 10:54
Have you tried resetting your hub and homeplugs and doing a network restart via the ViX menu?

irradiated
14-12-14, 12:10
Have you tried resetting your hub and homeplugs and doing a network restart via the ViX menu?

yes mate several times just in case i missed something, the homeplugs are by develo so not the cheapest either

im using DHCP and the network test seems ok, pinging ok etc all fine, really odd and im wondering if its something to do with my BT infinity

Andy_Hazza
14-12-14, 12:14
mmmm. I'm on BT Infinity, but I only have the Hub 4, and I have network plugs etc n all devices/satellite receivers etc are running ok with no issues. DHCP set to yes?

robbiecookie101
14-12-14, 21:54
Try using 8.8.8.8 (google) as your nameserver.. also check whether your out of space and perhaps reimage your vu solo

irradiated
20-12-14, 10:52
is there a way to free up the used space, like clear cache on a pc?

robbiecookie101
21-12-14, 14:30
Are you out of space then? - the only safe method is to perform a reflash..

If you don't want to do that then you need to either uninstall plugins / move EPG data to USB.

cactikid
22-12-14, 00:39
wonder if he means something like ice films not working as blocked by bt and vm?