PDA

View Full Version : VU+DUO Help And Advice Please

tinbin
02-12-10, 14:23
Hi every one
I need your help and advice please, I am thinking of buying my husband the VU+Duo.My husband has a Dreambox 500 and I was thinking of getting him a clone 8000hd box for Christmas for him ,but I am impressed with what I have read on your forum and I am thinking more about the Duo. My husband is disabled and I would love to buy the box with the best image and with you tube and windows explorer and with a hard drive ,I would just love to be able to take the VU+Duo out of its box for my husband and be able to have it working for him straight away.
I don’t know if that’s possible to have done please, I hope that’s ok.

Stanman
02-12-10, 14:30
It may be possible, why don't you drop the forum sponsor an email, even if it isn't buy the box and the very helpful people on this forum will have you up and running no problem. It really is a breeze to flash the image on this box, you do it via USB.

bassethound
02-12-10, 14:33
You can buy a VU+ from our sponsor with a hard drive already fitted see link

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Vu-DUO-Twin-Tuner-HD-PVR-DVB-S2-Satellite-Receiver

If you add the vix image from the site you will be up and running in no time if you get stuck we are all here to help out new owners.

tinbin
02-12-10, 15:41
Thank you so much for your replies ,I will drop the sponsor an emal .He is looking so much to having a HD box ,so he can watch his football and we can see movies together .Does the VU+ have has good a quality picture ,as the sky HD box has please.

Stanman
02-12-10, 15:44
Yes it does. I had a Amstrad HD and a VU and cant see any difference between the two.

It really is a very good box and you wont be disappointed.

Alanp
04-12-10, 19:56
The picture on the DUO is as good as if not better

pooface
06-12-10, 11:59
One thing I would add to this, is to make sure you know how to install channel lists and install images yourself, as you may well need to do this in the future ;)

I'm sure the forum sponser might be able to do this for you, but it'll definitely be in your interests to work out how to do it yourself ;)

SLOTH
06-12-10, 12:03
Tinbin
if you post your rough location i am sure a local member would be more that happy to help set it up the way you would like it .
Sloth