PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue HD800UE + Pink Screen

aaliyah
10-12-14, 20:16
Hi Guys,

Am really frustrated a few weeks i went to the open vix download page and downloaded the then latest version of vix.

Since then i have noticed if my box is on standby i.e over night the following morning i get a pink screen with the main picture minimised into the top right corner ( as you do when you go to bouquet)

Furthermore my epg never seems to download, it is set to daily download to the hdd following scicilliqans guide.

More annoying is the fact that the box is crashed every morning any ideas?

pac2000
10-12-14, 20:57
Try Vix 064, I've Had The Same Problem With My GB Quad Plus...

aaliyah
17-12-14, 12:19
I still have this problem every morning the box shows up all pink and frozen, i have to manually restart the box is there any way i can install a older image on which is more stable as this is too problematic am using build 062.

Please can you help

Rob van der Does
17-12-14, 12:32
I would:
1- Flash Apollo 100 (or 106 that will be out soon) without restoring settings, and
2- Activate debug logs.

When the issue is still present please upload crash and debug logs.

aaliyah
17-12-14, 12:38
hi what do u mean without restoring settings?

If i flash apollo 100 surely it will wipe the flash and run a new image?

Joe_90
17-12-14, 12:44
If you are connecting via HDMI it sounds like a handshaking issue, where the box is active but the TV is off during boot. Try selecting a different HDMI input on the TV (without doing anything on the box) and then switch back to the proper HDMI input to see if the problem resolves. I've never had an issue like this with my Quad Plus, but my Miraclebox doesn't like having the TV off when booting. I resolved that particular issue by turning off all HDMI CEC and bypassing the EDID check (in the A/V menu). If it's a handshake issue which wasn't there before maybe something has changed in the kernel/drivers, but a debug log should show it up.

Joe_90
17-12-14, 12:45
hi what do u mean without restoring settings?

If i flash apollo 100 surely it will wipe the flash and run a new image?

It will, providing you do not have a settings backup which you choose to restore.

aaliyah
17-12-14, 13:07
Tony, that makes sense with the handshaking will try that but still doesnt explain why the box crashes

judge
17-12-14, 13:15
Tony, that makes sense with the handshaking will try that but still doesnt explain why the box crashes
Crash = crash log. Please upload one or its just guess work.

aaliyah
17-12-14, 13:24
So basically are you saying when the screen is pink eg tomorrow morning i just choose a different hdmi input via the tv?

Also i checked my settings and the hdmi cec is off and the bybass edid check in av settings is also set to off?

Is the Apollo image any good? Where do i download it from and is it simply the same procedure for flashing the image as the vix process?

thanks

Joe_90
17-12-14, 13:29
So basically are you saying when the screen is pink eg tomorrow morning i just choose a different hdmi input via the tv?

Also i checked my settings and the hdmi cec is off and the bybass edid check in av settings is also set to off?

Is the Apollo image any good? Where do i download it from and is it simply the same procedure for flashing the image as the vix process?

thanks

Yes - try a different HDMI input on TV and switch back to the correct one.
Bypass EDID check - try setting to yes/on not off.
Apollo image? Are you not already on Apollo 062? Or are you on a very old version? What does your information menu screen say?

aaliyah
17-12-14, 14:35
Hi Tony, thanks for your help so far..

yes ave switched to bypass edid to YES

I checked the info and it is Apollo 062

I thought apollo was a alternative image like VIX.

I have a feeling this wont fix the pink screen because usually my box is left on overnight so all i do is turn the tv on?

I Also have issues with epg not downloading everyday even though it is set to 4am everyday to the HDD, however annoying as it is i can live with pressing blue button and downloading the epg everyday manually however the pink screen is a ball ache

Rob van der Does
17-12-14, 14:42
1- Apollo 62 is quite old; a lot of things have been improved since then. I suggest to flash your box, without using restore.
2- An HDMI handshake will be executed every time the box starts to talk to the TV. So swith input on your TV to another one and back to the box.

aaliyah
17-12-14, 16:06
i had the latest version but it was quite problametic in terms of handshake and failure to download epg every morning

Rob van der Does
17-12-14, 16:17
... and failure to download epg every morning
And you also report this on build 062. So something is wrong in your set up.

rossi2000
17-12-14, 16:18
the pink screen has been an issue on gigablue for a long time.

klaxhu
17-12-14, 20:31
reboot :) solves all problems (not restart enigma)

Joe_90
17-12-14, 21:19
reboot :) solves all problems (not restart enigma)

Not a very convenient solution, though!