PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a Newbie

raz5652
10-12-14, 02:34
Hi ppl
Great forum. Can some one put me to right direction (Guide) where to start and learn about boxes/images/installation? I just bought SkyBox V8 which is same as SKYBOX F5s, I have already learned how to install cccam how to make a cccam file and stuff.

Any help will be appreciated.

Andy_Hazza
10-12-14, 07:44
Aup and welcome aboard. Problem you will find is your Skybox V8 receiver is an enigma1 satellite box and this forum is enigma2 based, big difference in terms of what you can and can't do.
All the guides/Tutorials are in the ViX Images section listed at the top of the page. :D

raz5652
10-12-14, 10:18
Thanks for the reply, i sort of guessed that, but didnt know enigma1 and 2 thing so i have already learned something. Reason i mentioned skybox was to let ppl know how much experience i have. I am very much interested in Vu+ boxes. After reading and browsing net i know they are reliable record able. Just wanted to know where to start before i buy one. Guide which can answer my questione, How to setup box? what is image? how to cardshare? these boxes need c-lines/nlines?

raz5652
10-12-14, 10:26
Thanks for the reply, i sort of guessed that, but didnt know enigma1 and 2 thing so i have already learned something. Reason i mentioned skybox was to let ppl know how much experience i have. I am very much interested in Vu+ boxes. After reading and browsing net i know they are reliable record able. Just wanted to know where to start before i buy one. Guide which can answer my questione, How to setup box? what is image? how to cardshare? these boxes need c-lines/nlines?

Andy_Hazza
10-12-14, 20:13
Just a word of advice mate, no card sharing/nline talk is allowed on this forum. As for Vu+ boxes, they are superb receivers, excellent support and the build quality of these are superb, but be sure to buy from WoS or a reputable company as you don't want to get stung with a clone box!!
I have tried various images and in my honest opinion, ViX is by far the best image. Great built in channel maker in ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker), a super EPG (7 Day Guide), a great selection of plugins including Hbbtv, Skins etc. Also ViX have one off recording, series link recording options (Timer and AutoTimers respectively), so loads and loads goodies. :thumbsup: