PDA

View Full Version : Transcoding?

FoxForceFive
09-12-14, 23:42
Received my new box today, fantastic service from the sponsor, & the box seems ace (only been able to connect it to standard minidish lnb so far), great performance.

I cant see anywhere to set up transcoding though, how do I go about doing that, started the VU player app but it wont play nice with that.

rossi2000
10-12-14, 00:03
tm dont do transcoding afaik

FoxForceFive
10-12-14, 00:18
Ah right, it's mentioned under 'main features' of the manual (page 6) as 'transcoding/airplay', & also on their spec sheet, links from teh technomate software site:

http://www.******************.co.uk/Archive/TM-NANO3T%20Combo/TM-NANO-3T%20Combo%20MANUAL.pdf

http://www.******************.co.uk/Archive/TM-NANO3T%20Combo/TM-NANO-3T%20Combo%20Spec.pdf

It's not a deal breaker, it'd just be nice to be able to stream remotely without using WOL to wake the PC first!

Also, my box is in a cabinet (although quite an airflow friendly one- a re purposed Ikea Hol) so I'd like to keep an eye on the temp, something I never did with my old box, is there a plugin to do that? Cant see one on the feeds.

Larry-G
10-12-14, 13:47
It would not be the first time TM have sold a box on the strength of a feature that was either broken or just plain none existent. That said this box is based on the solo2 so it's likely a driver issue again.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

FoxForceFive
10-12-14, 21:45
Ok, cheers for the info.

As I said, no deal breaker, I've read snippets about technomate & drivers on the twin box.

Does this mean it's possible we'll see the feature added in future when technomate update their drivers?

Apologies if that's a noobs question, I've been doing this for years but have suffered with poorly made clones of vu boxes, never a genuine box before now, full vix image support without worrying about bricking swayed me away from the dark side. Well, that an constantly replacing components!

Larry-G
10-12-14, 22:26
Ok, cheers for the info.

As I said, no deal breaker, I've read snippets about technomate & drivers on the twin box.

Does this mean it's possible we'll see the feature added in future when technomate update their drivers?

Apologies if that's a noobs question, I've been doing this for years but have suffered with poorly made clones of vu boxes, never a genuine box before now, full vix image support without worrying about bricking swayed me away from the dark side. Well, that an constantly replacing components!

To be honest transcoding is not a feature I have ever really taken notice of as it's not something I have any real use for my self, so I am not 100 percent sure if it's a broken feature or on TM's to do list. Abu baniaz may know more though.