PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Remotestream converter problem

Thirsty
08-12-14, 11:43
Hi All, I have two Solo2 receivers running.
Receiver 1 is connected to two dishes, and has Apollo 090 HD running
Receiver 2 is connected to 1. over the network, and has Apollo 037 running.
With this configuration I have no problems accessing channels from R.1 over the network on R.2

So far all OK.

I have tried updateing receiver 2. to the latest Vix HD build 090 and installed Remotestreamconverter.
However, while all channels are recognised and shown in the settings menu of Receiver 2, when I try to view a channel, the receiver goes into a permanent loop and freezes.

I have tried many different builds for 'Receiver 2, but none work, and I'm forced to do a system restore to an old 037 apollo build.

Grateful for any help

Thirsty

duoduo
08-12-14, 12:52
There is a newer version than 090 available, try it and see if this helps (097 I think).

Rob van der Does
08-12-14, 13:06
I have been using RCSC since the day it was born on all my boxes and it works flawless.

There is however an alternative, provided your boxes are on build 97: in customise you can activate a remote receiver.
Now you can use your normal service lists in the client box; when it can't use it's own tuner (e.g. because no tuner has been activated) the box will use a tuner from the server.

Thirsty
08-12-14, 14:31
I have been using RCSC since the day it was born on all my boxes and it works flawless.

There is however an alternative, provided your boxes are on build 97: in customise you can activate a remote receiver.
Now you can use your normal service lists in the client box; when it can't use it's own tuner (e.g. because no tuner has been activated) the box will use a tuner from the server.

I too have never had a problem, but strange that the Rcsc works glitch free with the old build 037.

I have tried the latest builds on both receivers and this is when the problem cropped up.
Have done a factory reset and clean install without any extra plugins, which I thought might somehow be causing the conflict.
It isnt a recent problem either, but started around build 080 or so.

I can connect and download all channels from the server but as soon as the 2nd receiver looks to connect to a channel, it goes into a loop.
I've reverted to 037 again wihout any problems.

Thanks

Thirsty

Rob van der Does
08-12-14, 15:06
And what about the alternative?

twol
08-12-14, 16:11
Neat, never noticed that option.
Before I reflash my client box to try this, how do the 2 options compare other than one is a plugin (which sets up the bouquets for you) and the other is embedded?

Rob van der Does
08-12-14, 16:45
The functionality is the same.
The embedded one seems a bit more user friendly, as you have only one set of bouquets on your box.

Thirsty
08-12-14, 20:38
And what about the alternative?

Hi Rob, sorry for the delay, work came up and interupted things a bit :)
will try activating the remote receiver and report back.
thanks

v8rick
09-12-14, 18:54
The only way i have been able to share tuner is through linuxbox on xbmc works great.
tried remote receiver today but i must have some settings wrong?,ive put in ip of DuoČ as fallback but no joy

Rob van der Does
09-12-14, 19:21
You have entered the complete URL as suggested in the hint-text? So something like 'http://192.168.1.xxx:8001'? Also check that http-streaming on the server box doesn't have authentication enabled.

v8rick
09-12-14, 20:47
You have entered the complete URL as suggested in the hint-text? So something like 'http://192.168.1.xxx:8001'? Also check that http-streaming on the server box doesn't have authentication enabled.

I had just done the 192.168.#.## part i'll look again tommorow. other halfs watchin tele Thanks

v8rick
09-12-14, 21:23
Interrupted otherhalfs Holby city entered complete url like sugested it now works Thanks again