PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Can't Flash Apollo

stevenatherton42
07-12-14, 16:18
Hello

I'm having difficulty flashing Apollo on my VU Duo. I'm not new to this so have flashed new images many times. I've tried 3 USB sticks in both the front and rear ports, but when I restart the box, ViX just loads up and it doesn't read the USB.

I've also tried flashing a new bootloader, but have the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

DaMacFunkin
07-12-14, 16:35
Vu boxes can be funny with USB sticks, try using a 8gb or less Kingston stick, they always seem to work.

Larry-G
07-12-14, 16:37
There has not been a bootloader update for the Vu+ Duo for well over two years and maybe even longer, so you dont need to go messing with that especially if as in the questions you answered above you are using a Helios based image.

FTP the entire compressed Apollo image into the /media/hdd/imagebackups/ folder on your receiver then use the image manager to flash or restore the new image. (blue button> ViX> Image manager> Blue button to restore the image).

stevenatherton42
07-12-14, 17:09
I tried FTPing the Apollo image to the imagebackups folder and using the image manager to restore, but got an error saying something like "Error: could not remount root", now when I turn the box on, it doesn't load and just gets stuck at "starting". One of the USB sticks I've tried is an 8bg Kingston, bought from world-of-satellite

Larry-G
07-12-14, 17:12
Have a read of the flashing tutorial on www.openvix.co.uk and follow the link to the pc world formatting software for your USB stick, sorry I cant be more specific but I am at work rite now so going off memory.

Spangles
07-12-14, 17:56
There is a tool for formatting USB to FAT32 here http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm