PDA

View Full Version : card reader bricked

redout
07-12-14, 16:02
Hey,

The card reader seems to have stopped working. At first I thought that it was the card itself but I popped it into a VU Duo and it is reading fine. The box is only 3 weeks old. Basically if I go into CCcam and hit entitlements it is telling me "no card inserted" and channels are not clearing. Using the latest vix image. Just done a new flash and still nothing. Anyone else came across this before?

timofee
07-12-14, 16:09
Have you tried both slots and chip down.

redout
07-12-14, 16:30
Have you tried both slots and chip down.

Yes, I have tried both.

Donnie
07-12-14, 16:39
what do you get if you start CCcam -d ?

redout
07-12-14, 17:34
what do you get if you start CCcam -d ?

Nothing - still says "no card inserted!"

Larry-G
07-12-14, 17:36
Take the lid off the receiver and check the card reader board is plugged in, IE no loose cables or ribbons etc.

redout
08-12-14, 22:11
Take the lid off the receiver and check the card reader board is plugged in, IE no loose cables or ribbons etc.

No, had a look and everything seems fine. Still showing no card inserted.

satmanbasil
09-12-14, 00:52
hi mate

I know we shouldn't talk much about cards etc but if your card is for sky use and your using CCcam then use CCcam 2.30 any lower version wont show entitlements. when you change versions make sure u reboot I had the same problem no show on version 221 but 230 worked.

redout
11-12-14, 15:25
hi mate

I know we shouldn't talk much about cards etc but if your card is for sky use and your using CCcam then use CCcam 2.30 any lower version wont show entitlements. when you change versions make sure u reboot I had the same problem no show on version 221 but 230 worked.

Downloading 2.3 seemed to fix it. No idea why it stopped working with 2.21 as it was trotting along nicely until last weekend. It is not a Sky card I was using.