PDA

View Full Version : Using multiple soft-CAMs

wolfg
07-12-14, 11:16
On my system I am using two CAMs, CCcamd and Mgcam, for two different services, and the receiver only works with using one CAM ? active at a time. Can anyone suggest if it's possible to have these two services running simultaneously or getting one CAM to point to the other thus saving me from having to start the required CAM manually each time I swap services. Sorry if this question seems somewhat lame but I'm relatively new to this.
Cheers

Walt
07-12-14, 11:41
It's obvious that you're using CS and that's not allowed on this forum.

duoduo
07-12-14, 14:13
You can only presume that he is using CS, nothing in his post actually suggested that he his!! Unless he states CS, then it's a fair enough question to ask.

In answer to your question, I have asked something similar before and Phoenix told me that you can run 2 cams at the same time, how this works unfortunately I don't have that answer as I only use the one.

chaser
07-12-14, 14:15
Oscam would probably be the best solution, but it has quite a steep learning curve.

mann
07-12-14, 15:37
You can only presume that he is using CS, nothing in his post actually suggested that he his!! Unless he states CS, then it's a fair enough question to ask.

In answer to your question, I have asked something similar before and Phoenix told me that you can run 2 cams at the same time, how this works unfortunately I don't have that answer as I only use the one.

You can only have one CAM active at any one time.

duoduo
07-12-14, 15:41
So please correct me if I'm wrong but Oscam is a cam and then their is cccam 2.3.0 which is also a cam? When I was looking into setting up Oscam (which I failed miserably) I remember reading that you use cccam within Oscam which would both be active at the same time??

DaMacFunkin
07-12-14, 16:43
Newer oscam have cccam and newcamd built in, no need to run seperate cccam, and yes you can run both protocols at once, but I can't think of a reason you would need both at the same time with your own card...

Rob van der Does
07-12-14, 16:49
You can actually run more then one soft-CAM. The CAMs will be started in the same order as you originally started them (when setting them up).
The configs of the CAM will need to specify which service should be decrypted by which CAM.

Donnie
07-12-14, 17:27
Black Hole Image allows you to select a cam for a specific provider via the autocam fuction

Rob van der Does
07-12-14, 17:28
Yeah, BH is great :thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
07-12-14, 17:29

But isn't that solely for a CAM?

Donnie
07-12-14, 17:36

Autocam, hmmmm

Ev0
07-12-14, 17:39

You can set it to change per channel if you wish, i.e mgcamd for channel 144, oscam for 145, cccam for 146, scam for 1100 as an example.

Donnie
07-12-14, 17:40

Agreed Rob :D

wolfg
07-12-14, 23:16
Thanks guys for the comments, with regards to Walt "What happened to presumed Innocent" but for the other more helpful comments seems I need to bone up on OSCAM:confused:
WG

Walt
08-12-14, 00:07
Thanks guys for the comments, with regards to Walt "What happened to presumed Innocent" but for the other more helpful comments seems I need to bone up on OSCAM:confused:
WG
Too many saying service and meaning server. Oscam is a great cam to use. Enjoy.

DaMacFunkin
08-12-14, 09:19
Oscam is boss, the hidden features are frightening...

duoduo
08-12-14, 09:27
Oscam is boss, the hidden features are frightening...

It looks like you cracked it mate, don't suppose you could write up a super easy to follow guide could you please ?

DaMacFunkin
08-12-14, 09:34
Depends on what you want the guide to do, most people want it to do the dark illegal stuff, I too tried it many times and gave up, but then I found a basic working config on here, started with that and via the webif added bits, tried more, and found more, and yes once you start to get more advanced you can specify which individual channels are sent to which of your cards.

wolfg
08-12-14, 11:03
OK so I'm convinced OSCAM is the way to go. Next question could someone point me in the direction of an idiots guide to OSCAM.
Would be most grateful. Or is it just a question of troll the interweb :)

stavo
08-12-14, 11:37
why don't you use mgcamd 135a to run all your services put a cccam list in your mgcamd folder & edit newcamd list works perfect

Rob van der Does
08-12-14, 12:57
OSCAM isn't for idiots, that's for sure.
Best start on

http://www.streamboard.tv/oscam/
where you can find all your answers. But it will take some time to get yourself acquainted to the guts of Oscam.

Anyway: our forum isn't the right place to ask.

wolfg
08-12-14, 18:08
OK point taken but thanks for the help.

DaMacFunkin
08-12-14, 19:36
Install from feeds
In etc/tuxbox/config create the 3 files from this post and fill in your own info where appropriate
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38476-Help-with-Oscam-setup-for-cable&p=294116&viewfull=1#post294116
Restart cam and away you go, now read how to log into webif so you can edit add settings, read the stream board and knock yourself out.

chaser
08-12-14, 20:25
It looks like you cracked it mate, don't suppose you could write up a super easy to follow guide could you please ?

Also worth having a look at my post here:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28041-Mgcamd-requires-manual-restart-after-standby

A few points worth noting:
In the oscam.conf file - [dvbapi] section, you might want to change the User from mubbashir to something different.
In the oscam.conf file - [webif] section, you may want to change the httpuser / httppwd to something different. This is what you'll use to log in to OSCAM from your web browser.
In the oscam.conf file - [webif] section, you may need to change httpallowed from 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.255 if your box ip address is not within the 192.168.0.x range
In the oscam.user file - [account] section, you will want to change the User from mubbashir to the username you specified in the oscam.conf file above
In the oscam.user file - [account] section, you will want to change the Pwd to something different. This password is only really relevant when other readers are connecting to this OSCAM. I can't really say any more than that.