PDA

View Full Version : Dream elite

buz
01-12-10, 20:50
Is this image back up and running and if so what Is latest version for vu duo. Also if it is back does it have all plugins etc to download via server such as cccam. Can you get cool epg for it

Thamks

Stanman
01-12-10, 21:00
Its pot luck, today VU, tomorrow Dreambox and the day after god knows. I dont think the official server is back but people have posted links to unofficial servers elsewhere in the forum.

I used to use DE but would touch them with a barge pole because of the shenanigans over the last couple of months, much better to go with VIX, PLI or VTI

sonc
01-12-10, 21:43
The original Dream Elite have split into 2 separate teams, one retaining the 'dream elite' name, the other retaining the 'Black Hole' name for the images.

The new "Dream Elite" team only support Dreamboxes, so will not be producing images for the VU+ Duo or Solo.

The other part of the original Dream Elite team, now called VUplus Community, are currently producing the BlackHole images for the Vu+ Duo and Solo which are available in the download section.

Donnie
02-12-10, 07:51
Also the Dream Elite team consists of one beta tester from the original team so do not expect the same images or support.
Last time I cheked emus were the only thing that worked on the addons server.

guff daddy
02-12-10, 15:40
Also the Dream Elite team consists of one beta tester from the original team so do not expect the same images or support.
Last time I cheked emus were the only thing that worked on the addons server.

There will be no VU+ images from the Dream Elite team. They will only support DMM boxes.

From what I can see the technical people (forum admins and image developers) are no longer with Dream Elite, so there is about as much chance of a new Dream Elite image for DM800/8000 as there is for a new Nabilosat image (i.e. very little).

It is a pity, but it now appears that image development for the DM800 has halted. The VU+ in the areas of EPG, AutoTimer and especially MultiMedia/Media Player (e.g. being able to play more video formats with proper ff/rewind etc.) is now streets ahead.

Donnie
02-12-10, 16:06
There will be no VU+ images from the Dream Elite team. They will only support DMM boxes.

From what I can see the technical people (forum admins and image developers) are no longer with Dream Elite, so there is about as much chance of a new Dream Elite image for DM800/8000 as there is for a new Nabilosat image (i.e. very little).

It is a pity, but it now appears that image development for the DM800 has halted. The VU+ in the areas of EPG, AutoTimer and especially MultiMedia/Media Player (e.g. being able to play more video formats with proper ff/rewind etc.) is now streets ahead.

Maybe in the future you will see Black Hole images again for your DMM, you just never know. ;)

bob1
03-12-10, 08:38
Maybe in the future you will see Black Hole images again for your DMM, you just never know. ;)

Not a chance of that ever happening now that blackhole is officially linked with vu.

guff daddy
03-12-10, 12:49

There will be no more Black Hole images for DMM.

There will be EDG-Nemesis/Dream-Elite images according to the recent announcement on the Dream-Elite board. I don't see this as an improvement, just a re-branding. The EDG-Nemesis image for DM800 is fine - personally I prefer the SIFTeam image. The fact is that all images I've recently tried for the DM800 (and I have tried many, believe me) have major flaws. VU+ image development (VIX especially, but also VTI and even BlackHole) is way ahead of DMM images.