PDA

View Full Version : Can't tune in DVB-T2 channels

Erling
06-12-14, 14:37
My new Gigablue Quad Plus can't tune in T2 channels. It behaves as if it does not have T2 capability, even if the two internal terrestrial tuners are listed as GIGA DVB-C/T2 NIM (SI2168). I'm located in Norway, and the T2-sender is located in Sweden, thus the signal isn't strong, still my TV sets are able to tune it in via the same antenna connection, classifying the signal as "good".

I have tried automatic as well as manual tuning with region set to Scandinavia and others settings at Auto. Are there anything special about T2 in Sweden that has to be specified manually?

BTW, I have noticed that the SNR indication is different on the Gigablue in comparison to my Ultimo. For example, a strong local T-sender with SNR=99% on the Ultimo is listed at 12% on the Gigablue. Also, a weaker T-sender located in Sweden gets SNR=90% on the Ultimo, and 17% on the Gigablue. The antenna connection is the same, moving it from on box to the other. I know the SNR/AGC indication isn't accurate, but the Ultimo seems to be on the ball at least, in contrast to the Gigablue. Is something at fault, or are the SNR readings to be expected?

The Gigablue came with OpenMips 4.2 pre-installed, but flashing the current VIX HD image did not fix the issues, ie still no T2 lock, and flaky SNR readings.

Any advice is most welcome.