PDA

View Full Version : Latest version of TSMedia (7.96) not working with VIX

meggiedude
06-12-14, 13:37
Hiya,

On My Duo, just upgraded TSMedia via the software upgrade section of the plugin.
This takes you to v7.96_full
This does not work - at all - on the later versions of Vix Apollo on my Duo

All you get when you select the plugin is the welcome screen, then nothing. No menu, nothing.

This happens on Vix Apollo 80, 90(HD) and 96, well at least for me.

When I restore v7.9_full from a Filezilla backup I have - that works fine on all above versions of apollo

Cheers

intrigue
07-12-14, 10:01
I use TSMedia for youtube and last night it wasn't playing right and then this morning it would just show the splash screen and that was it. I removed from plugins (twice as it seemed to have two versions) and then restarted. Then re-installed from feeds and working fine now

Andy_Hazza
07-12-14, 10:09
Hiya,

On My Duo, just upgraded TSMedia via the software upgrade section of the plugin.
This takes you to v7.96_full
This does not work - at all - on the later versions of Vix Apollo on my Duo

All you get when you select the plugin is the welcome screen, then nothing. No menu, nothing.

This happens on Vix Apollo 80, 90(HD) and 96, well at least for me.

When I restore v7.9_full from a Filezilla backup I have - that works fine on all above versions of apollo

Cheers

As stated elsewhere this is not a ViX issue. You need to send all your issues/bug reports to the author of tsMedia. tsMedia is no part of ViX!! This cannot be stressed enough guys, you can't keep firing stuff at the ViX team when its not even there issue, so again guys be mindful what you say and put.

sataday
07-12-14, 10:31
I think this is a legitimate thread. Although it is not a vix image issue it is surely ok for members to report plugins that they are having trouble with.
After all, the author of this plugin uses this site and may be able to help with the problems some people are having.

meggiedude
07-12-14, 10:55
+1 sataday.

@Andy_Hazza, in support of what sataday has said
1) its a plugin used by many people on this forum.
2) The Plugins author posts here.
3) Its supplied via the feeds.
4) Any falling out betwixt the plugins author and the VIX team has now been resolved.

Its a legitimate post IMHO and I moved the conversation from one in the VIX Images section to what I thought was its rightful place - the Plugin Support section.
I really don't see your issue.

Andy_Hazza
07-12-14, 10:56
Not a ViX plugin, report issue to author of tsMedia plugin. Simples.

Andy_Hazza
07-12-14, 11:26
For your info I have huge respect for Team ViX who provide us with the best possible image for our Enigma2 satellite receivers, and without them, this satellite community would be way way worse off.
As soon as a plugin fails, peeps jumps straight onto the backs of the image provider, in this case ViX, which is unfair don't you think?
For the best results, you are always best of going straight to the author, in this case, the tsMedia author as, even though its available through the feeds, ViX has no part in this as regards support goes.

Andy_Hazza
07-12-14, 11:34
Yawn yawn.

Andy_Hazza
07-12-14, 11:37
If you read elsewhere on here you will have seen a comment from the author saying its a server issue on the tsMedia side of things and nothing to do with, Oh guess what 'ViX'. Get your pram n dolls n have a little motherly play. [emoji85]

Andy_Hazza
07-12-14, 11:59
Yyyyyaaaaawwwwwwnnnnn

Rob van der Does
07-12-14, 12:03
We do provide a lot of plugins via our feeds, just for the convenience of users. We do try to keep the feeds as 'clean' as possible, but we can't guarantee plugins to be working fine, especially not 3rd-party plugins.
Although the author of TS-Media tends to keep an eye on this forum, it's really the best to address issues with this plugin to him directly. That way you're sure the issue will reach him. And I know he does his best and spends a lot of time in trying to fix any issues, even if they would only be ViX-related (and I have no idea if this is the case).

But of course: if you (= users in general) would prefer to delete all plugins we do not provide ourselves from the feeds: just ask. That would save me a lot of work and time.

Rob van der Does
07-12-14, 12:04
And for the rest: please stay on-topic and refrain from personal attacks, otherwise this thread will be closed.

Andy_Hazza
07-12-14, 12:06
tsPanel was an horrendous piece of garbage n I can't imagine tsMedia being any better. So not fans of them plugings. HeyHoooooo Merry Christmas

Rob van der Does
07-12-14, 12:08
OK, that's enough. Thread closed.

abu baniaz
07-12-14, 13:24
Just like to add that it is unfair wong to call someone's work garbage. If you do not like it don't use it.

I don't honestly thing that the author uses all the features of the plugin. He is spending his time for others' benefit. If there are issues with any plugin, whinging and whining does not help anyone. It would be best to upload crash/debug logs so that the author can see what the issue is and attempt to resolve it.

It is also worth pointing out that one of the mods recently installed the TSpanel plugin, it did not overwrite system files in his tests. If anyone has evidence of it doing so, best to upload the details of it doing so that Mfaraj57 can look at it. He has to make plugin compatible with various images and receivers so his task is a difficult one.

If you do not like the Vix image do not use it. If you find an issue with it and want to help improve it, clearly write the issues you are having with steps required to reproduce it. Logs attached too.