PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] OpenVix has crashed. Don't know how to send Log.

Spangles
05-12-14, 20:39
Hi, I received the XPEED LX2 yesterday and have just been figuring out how to configure the tuner and scan for channels. I first used the ABM and that was ok, then I decided to try a Manual list but that returned too many channels so I went back to the ABM and scanned again but the scan wasn't the same as the first time, there appeared to be many more channels and when I exited from the scan instead of getting the error Service Unavailable the signal to the TV was lost. I only got the signal back when I removed the feed cable from the receiver. Then after reconnecting I performed another scan but now the channels are showing on the box front display even though the TV screen is blank. I can still enter the Menu though so the signal to the TV is still there.

I went to the Log settings and in there is a Crash report. I pressed Send but it says I don't have information setup and I should press Menu and do that but I can't see anywhere to input information.

I am apprehensive about trying to flash a fresh OpenVix Apollo 089 image onto the box because I am not sure at all if that is possible when it won't Mount the USB.

I tried going into Image Manager but it says There was a problem with this device please reformat. I don't know how to reformat it.

I hope you can advise me.

Thanks

abu baniaz
05-12-14, 23:25
Using an FTP client such as filezilla, navigate to /home/root/logs/ You will find the crash log there. Transfer to PC and then attach to your to your post.

Spangles
06-12-14, 00:01
Hi abu, thanks for replying.

I need to ask another noob question, how do I connect my PC to the receiver please?

abu baniaz
06-12-14, 00:20
You have to use a program such as filezilla client.

Lets take another approach....
Menu > Setup > System > Logs > Settings
Set your username and email address, you can then send logs through the remote.

Spangles
06-12-14, 22:27
Hi Abu, thanks very much for replying with that info. I made a mistake though and I flashed the latest OpenVix forgetting that it would erase all the logs too :o

I am still not managing to get the box to work. Every time I try to use ABM it says Timeout Tuner Lock and when I do a Manual scan over 500 channels are found but then I can't see them when I exit Manual Scan, the EPG list is empty.

I did manage to get some channels showing up in EPG after one scan but then it said No SID in PAT I think.

Is it normal for the front of the box to be stuck on 'BOOTING' after a Reflash and Software Update?

I was hoping to be able to get the box back to the way it arrived because I'm sure it was fine then but I just didn't know how to use it. I thought a Factory Reset would do that with a Flash of the latest Openvix.

Sorry for all the questions, I just feel like there is probably one small thing I'm not doing right.

I did notice one Error Message in a log relating to the ABM, it said it couldn't find an xml file of a provider.

I also know how to get into the box from my PC now using Telnet, IP or FileZilla. So at least that's a positive :p

Thanks again for your help

abu baniaz
06-12-14, 23:23
Hi Abu, thanks very much for replying with that info. I made a mistake though and I flashed the latest OpenVix forgetting that it would erase all the logs too :o
No problem. You know for next time

I am still not managing to get the box to work. Every time I try to use ABM it says Timeout Tuner Lock and when I do a Manual scan over 500 channels are found but then I can't see them when I exit Manual Scan, the EPG list is empty.
This is usually because of a tuner config error/mismatch. If you can describe how manyt tuners you have, what wires are connected to each tuner and what is at other end of each wire, we can understand teh hardware connected to it.
You then need to say what you have configured each tuner as. Sorry to make it sound complicated.

I did manage to get some channels showing up in EPG after one scan but then it said No SID in PAT I think.
If it is "cable", i.e not Terrestrial/satellite. You need to ensure that you are using the correct NET ID

Is it normal for the front of the box to be stuck on 'BOOTING' after a Reflash and Software Update?
No.

I was hoping to be able to get the box back to the way it arrived because I'm sure it was fine then but I just didn't know how to use it. I thought a Factory Reset would do that with a Flash of the latest Openvix.
Best to flash an image if you want to wipe everything

Sorry for all the questions, I just feel like there is probably one small thing I'm not doing right.
You'll get there. It is a steep learning curve. You will be helped if people can understand exactly what you are doing. So when you hit a stumbling block, be as descriptive as possible. For example, at the moment, we don't know what you are scanning.

I did notice one Error Message in a log relating to the ABM, it said it couldn't find an xml file of a provider.
That may not be an error, just a notification. ABM can re-organise numbers now. It tells you if there isn't a custom LCN file present.

I also know how to get into the box from my PC now using Telnet, IP or FileZilla. So at least that's a positive :p
Good. Those are essential in this hobby.

Spangles
07-12-14, 00:41
Hi Abu,

thanks again for taking the time to be so helpful.

The box came with Apollo 089 and when I scanned using ABM it listed all the channels and had them in the EPG. Then I scanned again using Manual and Automatic just to see how it worked and that's when things became erratic.

I'm using an XPEED LX2 Combo but I have no satellite dish so there is no cable attached to the LNB. I have a 10 metre cable connected to a splitter which my modem is also attached to and that goes into the coax socket on the LX2.

NetID set to 41044. Configuration Mode Enabled, Frequency steps, then everything in that list as default.

ABM Configuration - Setup Mode Simple.

I have flashed back to Apollo 089 but I'm still getting the BOOTING message permanantly on after restarting. No channels are listed in the EPG.

I can't think of any other settings I have changed.

The user interface doesn't fit on the screen, it has a bit missing to the left. When I flashed to 097 it was ok but on 089 it's as if the resolution isn't correct even though I've chosen 1080p, Pal and 50hz every time I've flashed it.

EDIT: I have noticed something. There appear to be some channels listed when I click the down arrow on the remote and beside some of those channels is a signal strength metre. About 90% of the channels have no signal at all, 8% have a very weak signal and 2% quite strong. So it looks like there might be a signal strength problem. I thought 10m was not a problem with coax signals. My TV coax is 15m long and that's fine for HD.

Thanks again

abu baniaz
07-12-14, 00:46
Flash 097.

What is your ABM configuration in terms of providers? How have you verified the Net ID?

Spangles
07-12-14, 01:07
Hi Abu,

sorry I edited my last post before I noticed you had posted before that. Just so you know there might be a signal strength issue.

The NetID matches that in the Provider section. I haven't verified it though.

abu baniaz
07-12-14, 01:18
Most sure way is to check engineers menu of official receiver.

SID not found in PAT issues are sometime wrong NET ID issues. You can try Lraizer's Cable plugin. It works differntly to ABM.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?35089-Lraizer-Autobouquets-E2-UK-Cable&p=326831&viewfull=1#post326831

Spangles
07-12-14, 01:26
I just managed to get a huge list of readings in a nit.log file and also an xml file if those are of any use? :confused:

Spangles
07-12-14, 01:50
Just some more info I don't know if it's of much use.

From Tuner Status

NIM B

Type Cable

Modulation QAM 256

Frequency 410 Mhz

Symbol Rate 6952000

Inversion Off

FEC 3/4

I'm still trying to figure out how to use Lraizer Autobouquet

abu baniaz
07-12-14, 02:01
Transfer the ipk to /tmp/

Telnet following command

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

Then this one

opkg install dvbsnoop

Restart receiver. Ensure you are on valid Cable channel.
Menu > Plugin > AutoBouquets C2
Select your NET ID and then run it.

Spangles
07-12-14, 02:11
Thanks Abu.

I hate to ask a dumb question again but after Autobouquets has finished scanning where do I look for the NetID please?

abu baniaz
07-12-14, 02:15
You select your one as part of the operation. Best to install it and see it in operation. (you dont need to run it). It won't help you determine your Net ID. If you put the wrong one in, you get channels that do not work.

Spangles
07-12-14, 02:17
Ah right thanks. I had already done a full scan sorry that was why I was asking. I will now try an area one

Spangles
07-12-14, 17:39
Hi,

I installed autobouquets c2 folder to systemplugins but when I run it from the box it says it can't execute the frontend.sh. I have used telnet to chmod ab_c2_frontend.sh as I thought that made it executable.

I also tried to install the autobouquets ipk file to the tmp folder but when I used telnet to install it I got the error control file can't be opened.

Do you know a fix for this please?

Thanks

abu baniaz
07-12-14, 17:57
You should only have used the ipk from last post. You transfer it to /tmp directory then install it. You do not install it to /tmp directory.

These are my results from installing it. No issues with control files.

Welcome to OpenViX for xpeedlx3
openvix Apollo xpeedlx3

xpeedlx3 login: root
Last login: Fri Dec 5 22:09:48 GMT 2014 on pts/0
root@xpeedlx3:~# opkg install /tmp/*.ipk
Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-c2lite (2014_11_20) on root.
Checking for an older version of AutoBouquets for cable in the system...
AutoBouquets C2 was not found in the system
Proceeding to installation...
Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-c2lite.
* plugin installed successfully *
* Enigma2 restart is required! *
* By LraiZer - www.ukcvs.org *
dvbsnoop not found!
Please install it
root@xpeedlx3:~# opkg install dvbsnoop
Installing dvbsnoop (0.0+cvs20081001-r1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/Apollo/inihdp/mips32el/dvbsnoop_0.0+cvs20081001-r1_mips32el.ipk.
Configuring dvbsnoop.
root@xpeedlx3:~#

Spangles
07-12-14, 18:29
Ah thanks Abu,

I was inputing this instruction opkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-c2lite_2014_11_20_all.ipk

but it installed straight away with the much shorter one you just posted 'opkg install /tmp/*.ipk'.

I still can't find my correct NetID. Isn't that what NIT_analyser is supposed to do?

abu baniaz
07-12-14, 19:15
To verify your NETID is correct, check the Engineers menu of your official receiver.

Just run the plugin with your assumed NETID for now.

Spangles
13-12-14, 10:48
Hi abu, thanks a lot for your help.

Checked my official receiver and everything is working fine now :thumbsup:

Turned out to be a separate software issue but I am attaching two log files anyway just in case they are of any use.

Thanks again for your patience and kind assisstance :)