PDA

View Full Version : New Linux based receiver

ChangyUK
05-12-14, 19:38
Hi to all

I have been enjoying my current setup of a 1.5m motorised Gibertini dish and a TM5402 HD receiver. I am now looking to move to a Linux based unit as I like the look of the VIX image and the extras available. I use a couple of ROKU boxes in my home so I was looking to stream content from the new receiver to them but I appreciate it may not be possible and I will need something else other than the ROKU.

I was keen on the Vu Duo 2 but now I am reading good things about the Mut@nt 2400HD. I am looking for ongoing support - it is my main requirement rather than bells and whistles and then no support within a reasonable time frame.

Any suggested buying/feature advice on either box would be appreciated.

Walt
05-12-14, 19:53
The vu duo2 is an exceptional receiver. I have one and would recommend it to anyone.

ChangyUK
07-12-14, 10:36
The vu duo2 is an exceptional receiver. I have one and would recommend it to anyone.

Thank you Walt. I do like the look of the Duo 2 myself as I could consider the cable tuner.

joysleep1
22-03-15, 00:13
Hi to all

I have been enjoying my current setup of a 1.5m motorised Gibertini dish and a TM5402 HD receiver. I am now looking to move to a Linux based unit as I like the look of the VIX image and the extras available. I use a couple of ROKU boxes in my home so I was looking to stream content from the new receiver to them but I appreciate it may not be possible and I will need something else other than the ROKU.

I was keen on the Vu Duo 2 but now I am reading good things about the Mut@nt 2400HD. I am looking for ongoing support - it is my main requirement rather than bells and whistles and then no support within a reasonable time frame.

Any suggested buying/feature advice on either box would be appreciated.

The mut@nt is however a quad tuner and so you can have cable as well as satellite tuners. The mut@nt can do exactly what the duo2 can do but only takes 2.5inch hardrives. Both are well supported i think.