PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] solo2 software update help please

tafa
05-12-14, 16:12
hi, can someone help.

Im trying to update/flash my solo2 to the latest appollo image 096...
ive tried 3 different usb sticks (formatted to fat32, in root etc) and the box ignores them all,
so i ftp the image to my hdd and started the update from image manager.
which worked but the box has been displaying reflash in progress for the last 60mins is there something wrong.
thanks

tafa
05-12-14, 16:26
ok, after waiting over an hour i switched the box off and back on...
its now just saying (starting.. ) on the box display and just stuck there.
help please

sataday
05-12-14, 16:38
I would first find the image you ftp'd to your hdd and delete it, and see what happens.

tafa
05-12-14, 16:42
hi, how the box is stuck on startup... or can you still ftp to it. thanks

tafa
05-12-14, 16:43
nope will not connect on ftp

tafa
05-12-14, 17:39
Can anyone help please, no tv tonight the Mrs is going to kill me :confused:

s1m0nw
05-12-14, 18:35
Are you using a usb stick 4gb or less?

tafa
05-12-14, 19:11
Are you using a usb stick 4gb or less?

Hi, yep tried 3 different usb sticks all 4gb and below in all usb slots and none of them would work so I then ftp'd it to the internal hdd and ran the update from Vic manager, which stared flashing but stayed on the flashing screen for over an hour so I turned the box off. But now when I turn it on it stays stuck on starting

DaMacFunkin
05-12-14, 19:20
Try unplugging the box for a couple of hours and then try booting with USB stick in front slot. Failing that you will have to buy a Kingston stick, that is all I use on my vu boxes and they never fail.

tafa
05-12-14, 19:47
Try unplugging the box for a couple of hours and then try booting with USB stick in front slot. Failing that you will have to buy a Kingston stick, that is all I use on my vu boxes and they never fail.

Ok, I'm out now so box has been off for a couple of hours so when I get in I'll try it.
Thanks

Walt
05-12-14, 19:52
Have you checked the box isn't a clone? Where did you buy it from?

DaMacFunkin
05-12-14, 20:02
Mmm didn't think of that...

tafa
05-12-14, 20:13
Have you checked the box isn't a clone? Where did you buy it from?

Definitely not a clone brought it from wos on here and went and picked them up personally...

Walt
05-12-14, 20:19
Definitely not a clone brought it from wos on here and went and picked them up personally...
I find with the amount of solo 2 clones out there that the 1st thing to check is whether it's a clone.

tafa
05-12-14, 20:25
I find with the amount of solo 2 clones out there that the 1st thing to check is whether it's a clone.

How do I check it's a clone? Like I said I got it from the world of satellite guys so would be shocked if it is

cactikid
05-12-14, 20:27
first rule read threads,is that not an ancient firmware and newer image may need bootloader then current image,and correct you need to know if it has any v2/v3 stickers underneath?

your safe they do originals only

a full flash with no backups used and i hope you have the important bit elsewhere.

duoduo
05-12-14, 20:31
808 wasn't actually that long ago, I certainly haven't had to install a new bootloader since that version. Try and use a non HD version of Apollo VIX earlier than 096 and see if this helps to get you up and running. Try version 062 and don't do settings restore mate.

Good luck..

Walt
05-12-14, 20:43
There was a new boot loader built into one of the Helios images if I remember correctly.

tafa
05-12-14, 20:46
ok just got home and switched on but still stuck on startup...
@ lgleave22 do I need to use a usb with apollo vix 062 as i couldnt get it to work with a usb and will it work as its stuck on startup?
time to find where i put my kingston usb stick :confused:

Larry-G
05-12-14, 21:10
808 wasn't actually that long ago, I certainly haven't had to install a new bootloader since that version. Try and use a non HD version of Apollo VIX earlier than 096 and see if this helps to get you up and running. Try version 062 and don't do settings restore mate.

Good luck..

Actually ViX 3.0-808 was released over a year ago, but still there is no new bootloader since then, and none at all for the solo2.

tafa
05-12-14, 21:29
ok found my kingston 2gb usb stick...
going to format and try it.
fingers crossed

bbbuk
05-12-14, 21:41
I use a 16GB Kingston DataTraveler G3 and it works. I do remember having to try a few other different ones before I found one that worked.

tafa
05-12-14, 21:54
wooo hoooo :D thanks it worked.
restore wizard has now come up asking to perform a restore to save settings and plugins etc or exit the restore?
do i restore to save my existing stuff?

Larry-G
05-12-14, 22:07
wooo hoooo :D thanks it worked.
restore wizard has now come up asking to perform a restore to save settings and plugins etc or exit the restore?
do i restore to save my existing stuff?

no as a settings backup from ViX 3.0 is not compatible with later images.

tafa
05-12-14, 22:08
no as a settings backup from ViX 3.0 is not compatible with later images.

ok thanks... mrs is breathing down my neck lol
so i exit the restore wizard

tafa
05-12-14, 22:13
omg so i have to set up everything again... motorized dish etc :eek:

Larry-G
05-12-14, 22:24
omg so i have to set up everything again... motorized dish etc :eek:

yes, and thats to be expected when migrating from a image that has not been updated or maintained for a year.

duoduo
05-12-14, 22:29
Tafa, glad you got it sorted. Can I suggest you visit the forum more regularly to keep upto date with all vix updates/changes.

tafa
05-12-14, 22:39
thanks for all the help...
now to remember how to set it all up... cccam etc :confused:

tafa
05-12-14, 22:47
omg wish i new all my settings etc would go...
can someone please point me in the right direction to add cccam 2.1.3 etc back on. can i get them from plugins etc on the box?
thanks

duoduo
05-12-14, 22:57
You want to be be using 2.3.0 now tafa, there have been issues with other versions of cccam. You can both versions from plugins as well as alot of other things you might need like skins etc.

tafa
05-12-14, 23:00
You want to be be using 2.3.0 now tafa, there have been issues with other versions of cccam. You can both versions from plugins as well as alot of other things you might need like skins etc.

ok will have a look in plugins. been so long since i set this box up i feel lost lol
thanks

tafa
05-12-14, 23:09
ok had a look in vix image manager and i have a backup of my last image 3.0.808 can i restore back to that and make a note of all my settings cccam.config etc etc and then come back to the newer image prepaired?

tafa
05-12-14, 23:14
i have a back up of my settings and image from today before i did the update to apollo... would this work?

cactikid
05-12-14, 23:36
there is a lovely tut in downloads in pdf format of how to setup e2 boxes "guides and tuts".

you could use restore to get info but then would need reflashing again i think.

tafa
05-12-14, 23:41
there is a lovely tut in downloads in pdf format of how to setup e2 boxes "guides and tuts".

you could use restore to get info but then would need reflashing again i think.

ok great that would be easier... ill restore back save my stuff then update back to latest apollo
thanks

DaMacFunkin
06-12-14, 08:49
If your previous settings back up was saved to hard drive you should be able to access your settings file in the backup via FTP, from here you can copy and paste settings such as nim (motorised dish settings) etc, you will also find your c***m.cfg in there.