PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] network mount not working

marks1
04-12-14, 21:16
Hi all I am having trouble viewing recordings through network mounts.

A bit of information on my setup. I have an expeed lx3 in my living room and a Vu+ duo in the bedroom I have got both boxes connected to my network through nfs. I can see both mounts in the manager and both have the green globe.

if I am using the duo and try to view the recordings that are on the lx3 I have no problems it is when I use the lx3 and try to view the recordings on duo I get a message directory/media/autofs/vuduo/does not exist

I have read through a couple of posts with similar issues and it seems it may be the new drivers causing this problem. If that is the case can someone confirm that it is going to be resolved?

If not has anyone got any ideas what I might need to do to get it working again.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

marks1
06-12-14, 19:50
Has anyone got any ideas please?

johnhoe
06-12-14, 21:04
Yes I noticed this when I couched flashed to Vix 97 onmy Solo2. When I did a settings restore from Vix 90, all was OK. Yet the mount settings were exactly the same. Methinks there is a bug introduced perhaps.

cactikid
06-12-14, 22:18
still got it on earlier images around 57 i think tried nfs but usually use cifs,all boxes were flashed and no settings restore,solo2 sees the duo recordings and plays them,but solo or max digital does not with same setup ,duo and solo2 have internal hdd:D

marks1
07-12-14, 19:54
thanks for the replies. so at least I know its not just my setup, I have tried reflashing previous builds and settings but mine still doesn't work.

Can one of the mods confirm if this is a bug and will it be sorted in the new builds.

Slammed Mind
14-12-14, 21:48
Exact same problem here

I have a TM single, A Vu Solo and a Medialink ixuss box which are all connected to my vu duo's HDD and I could view the content of the Vuo's HDD through all 3 devices.

Everything worked beautifully.

A recent vix update messed everything up

My settings are correct and I have samba enabled and i also tried to add the mounts using the network browser but nothing works

Now I cant view any of the duo's content on any of my boxes.

I just get a message saying either the directory doesnt exist or its not writable.

You can see my original thread here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41873-Cant-seem-to-mount-duo-s-Hdd-on-my-solo

At that point, I could still view network content on my TM single but after another update I cant view it on any of my boxes

I have tried to restore my settings but it still doesnt work

Very frustrating

marks1
15-12-14, 21:50
Mine is still not working. Just hope that it gets sorted soon it is really annoying that this feature isn't working because I used to use it on a daily basis.

Can someone please look into this and let us know if this is going to be fixed in the upcoming builds.

marks1
02-01-15, 14:59
just to let the people know that have replied above I have updated to Apollo 115 and the network share is working again.

I had to delete the original mounts after the update and reboot, then set the mounts back up but now they are working again. :thumbsup:

cactikid
02-01-15, 15:16
i always start afresh not using backup restored and was told to use nfs on all my e2 boxes:D