PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Samba not installing

Walt
03-12-14, 23:08
I have installed Samba and when it finishes it says it is restarting. The receiver restarts and when I go to check if samba is running, it gives the option to install again. It appears that it is not running and I cannot find the receiver on my network from windows. Could someone check this please?

timofee
03-12-14, 23:15
Check the workgroup in the smb.cfg file.

Walt
03-12-14, 23:18
Check the workgroup in the smb.cfg file.

To be able to do that, I'd need samba installed lol

It's got to be a bug.

chaser
03-12-14, 23:22
Installed ok here on my Duo2, Apollo build 096. Downloaded, installed and rebooted the box the first time I went into the Samba menu, and shows as running when I now go into Samba menu (following the reboot).

chaser
03-12-14, 23:25
To be able to do that, I'd need samba installed lol

It's got to be a bug.

You should be able to check the smb.cfg file by connecting via ftp (eg Filezilla) or by SSH (eg PuTTY). You shouldn't need to install Samba for either of these options.

Walt
03-12-14, 23:25
Installed ok here on my Duo2, Apollo build 096. Downloaded, installed and rebooted the box the first time I went into the Samba menu, and shows as running when I now go into Samba menu (following the reboot).

I'll try again then. Did you restore from previous version or clean flash with no restore?

Walt
03-12-14, 23:26
You should be able to check the smb.cfg file by connecting via ftp (eg Filezilla) or by SSH (eg PuTTY). You shouldn't need to install Samba for either of these options.

I don't use filezilla or putty, samba is so much better integrated than both of those options but I realise that would be possible if necessary.

chaser
03-12-14, 23:30
I'll try again then. Did you restore from previous version or clean flash with no restore?

I did a clean flash of Vix Apollo 096 (was previously running Vix Apollo HD). I then restored from an older (non HD) backup. I don't normally run Samba, so this wasn't included in my older backup.

Walt
03-12-14, 23:33
I did a clean flash of Vix Apollo 096 (was previously running Vix Apollo HD). I then restored from an older (non HD) backup. I don't normally run Samba, so this wasn't included in my older backup.

I did virtually the same thing. Samba never seems to be restored so always have to reload it. It's now working for me. I had to install it 5 times before it showed as working.

chaser
03-12-14, 23:37
Perhaps the feeds were down temporarily?

Walt
03-12-14, 23:41
Perhaps the feeds were down temporarily?

no clue but working now so i'm happy.

nsw9154
03-12-14, 23:52
Just set Samba back up on my Duo2 after a Clean install of Apollo-096 and every thing is working fine :)

Walt
04-12-14, 00:09
Very strange. Are either of you guys using wireless? Maybe that's the difference?

nsw9154
04-12-14, 03:48
I am using a Direct feed from my router

chaser
04-12-14, 21:33
Very strange. Are either of you guys using wireless? Maybe that's the difference?

Nope. Wired connection here.

Walt
04-12-14, 21:34
Nope. Wired connection here.
I'm running on wireless. Think that was the issue. Cheers for replies.