PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 Sluggish Response after Upgrade to build 95

pz8l8t
03-12-14, 12:36
Hi,
I've just upgraded to VIX build 95 via USB with settings restore. Found that the solo2 was very sluggish on 95. EPG load, down button to show channels, menu button etc. Anybody else experencing this?

Reverting back to 88 and all is good again.

davers1875
03-12-14, 13:03
i'm sure i read on another thread on here there's a bug in build 095 which will be fixed for build 096, cant remember what the problem was though sorry

rossi2000
03-12-14, 13:29
its a problem with some of the new menu panels graphics
ive reverted those changes until i look further into it.

pz8l8t
03-12-14, 13:58
Is it a skin issue, i.e. download of the skin again should solve the problem once the changes are reverted, or is it an image thing which I need to wait until the next build?

rossi2000
03-12-14, 14:02
its a skin issue, i recently changed some pngs, but they are having a weird effect on some boxes, its ok for me.

pz8l8t
04-12-14, 13:54
Thanks for the updates.

Installed 096 and everything's back to normal except EPG which is still sluggish. Are you aware of this problem?

RolandSaller
04-12-14, 13:57
I'm also on build 96 and my epg is sluggish too when scolling down one page.

bennyxf1
04-12-14, 14:01
Yes. Mines also slow. Build 96. I'm on a 1080 skin

rossi2000
04-12-14, 14:05
i will have a look at the epg tonight.

RolandSaller
04-12-14, 14:24
i'm on a non 1080 Skin.

rossi2000
04-12-14, 14:26
could some of you provide a debug log to see if theres anything happening.

bennyxf1
04-12-14, 14:36
I would, but have no idea how you do that Rossi?

nsw9154
04-12-14, 15:14
Yep EPG is sluggish on my Duo2 running 1080 Green HD skin on Apollo-096 but working fine running through the channel list, but EPG is perfect on my LX3 running Vix-Night-HD on Apollo 096

bbbuk
04-12-14, 17:02
I did a fresh flash to build 096 (was on 090) with no restores or changing anything except setting ABM and EPG settings (ie everything else default) and I too noticed a slight second sluggish when scrolling down the EPG. It's only when it's reached the last channel on the current view, then a slight pause, before the next page is shown. I went back to 090 and it was okay so flashed to 096 and again noticed the slight pause.

It is only a slight pause (second or two) and I wonder if I would have noticed it if I hadn't had read this post first!!!!

Oh, I have Solo2.

rossi2000
04-12-14, 17:10
Debug logs as ive asked previously.

bbbuk
04-12-14, 17:20
Just enabled debug logs now and did a reboot. Sorry can you remind me where they are?

UPDATE: Found it. Debug logs attached.

Original log:

After reboot, 2nd log:

bbbuk
04-12-14, 17:33
I've added in my previous post 2 debug logs.

bbbuk
04-12-14, 17:51
Attached is new debug log after I went back to 090 and using BlueHD skin.

Everything is fine on 090 and I've only attached this for comparison (if needed, i'm not sure).

Remember this log is on 090 where EPG working fine. A previous post by me had 2 logs on build 096 which a slight pause issue:-

rossi2000
04-12-14, 17:53
when you are doing these logs are you actually going into the epg screen or just rebooting and sending me the log?

bbbuk
04-12-14, 17:58
when you are doing these logs are you actually going into the epg screen or just rebooting and sending me the log?I enabled debug, rebooted and once started went into EPG guide and scrolled down a few pages (observing the pause between pages). I did this on all logs I've attached.

I also noticed, although it happens very rarely and can't seem to get it to happen again when I tried re-creating it, is that I get a message about retrieving epg data once I press the EPG button then the EPG data is loaded.

This only happened few times and didn't happen again once I enabled debug and rebooted box.

nsw9154
04-12-14, 18:18
I keep getting more crash logs trying to read the previous crash logs on my Duo2 :eek: so I have only sent 2

38978 38979

bbbuk
04-12-14, 19:13
Not that I know what I'm doing but I tried comparing my good log (build 090) with my slight pause log (build 096) and I couldn't see anything around the time I was scrolling down the EPG that looked different. Just, I assume, normal "KEY: 108 DOWN" and "action -> DirectionActions down"

Could it be something like high CPU usage during this time that caused this?

sataday
04-12-14, 20:39
Just updated to Apollo 096 and noticed the slightly slower EPG issue, so have gone back to 090 for now.

dude1
05-12-14, 00:51
Anybody else noticed that when you use the onscreen keyboard in epg search that's really sluggish as well?

bbbuk
05-12-14, 11:24
@rossi, did you manage to find the underlying issue for the slight sluggish response whilst viewing the EPG?

rossi2000
05-12-14, 14:25
not yet, im working on it. :confused:

bbbuk
05-12-14, 16:46
not yet, im working on it. :confused:Ok, thanks. Is there anything I can help with or have you been able to re-create the problem yourself?

Is there a plugin or something for monitoring/logging the CPU to determine what is using it the most which may narrow down to the area you need to look into?

bbbuk
06-12-14, 11:33
@rossi,

I know you're busy trying to figure out the slow EPG between pages when scrolling down (amongst other things you probably have to do) but just to let you know I've done online update to 97 and problem still exists.

I tried copying the CrossEPG folder from build 090 to 97 and it made no difference. I also tried copying the components folder from 090 build to 097 and it refused to boot. I assume there have been changes to this area since 090 and 096/097 ?

If there is anything I can test for you let me know as OH is out today so I get to play all day :)

rossi2000
06-12-14, 11:38
morning mate, thx for the assistance

ive done loads yesterday to try and fix it, but the thing is, its seems to be only happening on vu's (certain machines). im wondering if its a framebuffer issue on them, on my et8000 the epg opens as normal and theres no lag,

could anyone experiencing this problem let me know what machine you use please.

im working on a new 1080 skin atm, just in spare time, so im gonna code up the epg on there and see what happens.

bellejt
06-12-14, 11:50
the same slowness here on VU+ DUO2 with standard skin apollo 96.Strange that I don't have it on my Edision OS1 apollo 95.

Stanman
06-12-14, 11:50
Solo2 Graphical EPG is slow but single one is OK.

bbbuk
06-12-14, 11:52
morning mate, thx for the assistance

ive done loads yesterday to try and fix it, but the thing is, its seems to be only happening on vu's (certain machines). im wondering if its a framebuffer issue on them, on my et8000 the epg opens as normal and theres no lag.The lag happens whilst scrolling down the EPG. Has something happened to this framebuffer (coding-wise) since 090 build?

Are you thinking it's a skin issue from the merger of HD skins? I know that on 095 using the default skin (not HD and clean install with no restore) and mostly keeping the defaults except setting up ABM and EPG, it happens.

Like I said i'm available today if you want me to try anything. I know what it's like trying to find a coding problem especially if you can't re-create the problem yourself.

Thank you again.

nsw9154
06-12-14, 12:57
I changed my Duo2 back to ViX-Night-HD on Apollo 096 as a test and it is still the same on the none 1080 skin so it must be something to do with the VU's drivers or something, as my LX3 is running absolutely perfect on Apollo 096 using the Vix-Night-HD skin

just updated to 097 on both the LX3 & Duo2, LX3 still running perfect Duo2 still lagging :confused:

sataday
06-12-14, 13:19
Just updated to Apollo 096 and noticed the slightly slower EPG issue, so have gone back to 090 for now.

VU+ Solo2 / Vix-Night HD

bbbuk
06-12-14, 14:40
Solo2/ Duo2/ Uno Graphical EPG is slow, Only with YouvixIs YouVix a new skin and HD version? My problem is with the default (non HD) skin after doing a fresh flash (with no restore).

I'm waiting for the their FTP site to be updated with 097 so I can do a fresh install (with no restore) instead of the online update I did. I doubt it will make a difference but I prefer to do it that way.

Larry-G
06-12-14, 14:44
I'm waiting for the their FTP site to be updated with 097 so I can do a fresh install (with no restore)

It already has been.

iwg
06-12-14, 14:55
I'm on a Solo2 with -097 just online upgraded (it's on download site now as well as online download). I had reflashed (after online download -096) but WITH restore. I had the EPG issue but both the .rar file Rossi provided and subsequent release cured it. There is a small delay when a) loading EPG and b) crossing from one page to another but its less time than I can count to 4. I don't know if it was an issue before HD skins. I am on -097 build using YouVix 1080 skin. Noticed last night the blue button sort mode in Movie list is sorted - thanks. On the pause, I notice that the enigma2 process CPU usage jumps to high 80's when crossing between pages but as it is so brief hard to see in top utility. I don't see any jump in mem usage but have config'ed a swap file in anyway. Still a great HD build.

bbbuk
06-12-14, 16:34
On the pause, I notice that the enigma2 process CPU usage jumps to high 80's when crossing between pages but as it is so brief hard to see in top utility. I don't see any jump in mem usage but have config'ed a swap file in anyway. Still a great HD build.How did you get to see CPU usage whilst scrolling the EPG? Is it a plugin? If so, which one?

Thanks

Larry-G
06-12-14, 17:01
How did you get to see CPU usage whilst scrolling the EPG? Is it a plugin? If so, which one?

Thanks

Via a telnet session using the top command.

dude1
06-12-14, 17:02
Anybody else noticed that when you use the onscreen keyboard in epg search that's really sluggish as well?

This is on Solo2 build 090. I've gone back to this build as the onscreen keyboard is the only sluggish part. When I tried 095 the graphical epg in general was sluggish. Hope that helps.

bbbuk
06-12-14, 18:23
Using the telnet command, "top", my Solo2 CPU usage averaged around 25-35% when it goes to the next page on the EPG.

This is on a clean flash of 97 with no restore and just setting ABM and EPG, with everything else the default.

If it's of any assistance, I've attached a screenshot of this result.

Larry-G
06-12-14, 18:31
I'm on a Solo2 with -097 just online upgraded (it's on download site now as well as online download). I had reflashed (after online download -096) but WITH restore. I had the EPG issue but both the .rar file Rossi provided and subsequent release cured it. There is a small delay when a) loading EPG and b) crossing from one page to another but its less time than I can count to 4. I don't know if it was an issue before HD skins. I am on -097 build using YouVix 1080 skin. Noticed last night the blue button sort mode in Movie list is sorted - thanks. On the pause, I notice that the enigma2 process CPU usage jumps to high 80's when crossing between pages but as it is so brief hard to see in top utility. I don't see any jump in mem usage but have config'ed a swap file in anyway. Still a great HD build.

Using a swap file on such a high spec receiver is just as likely to cause you problems instead of fixing them.

chaser
06-12-14, 18:50
ive done loads yesterday to try and fix it, but the thing is, its seems to be only happening on vu's (certain machines). im wondering if its a framebuffer issue on them...<snip>...could anyone experiencing this problem let me know what machine you use please.
Problem noted on my 3 VU boxes: Ultimo, Solo2 & Duo2

On the pause, I notice that the enigma2 process CPU usage jumps to high 80's when crossing between pages but as it is so brief hard to see in top utility.
On my Ultimo, I saw the CPU usage jump to over 100% as I switched between pages (and when I loaded up the initial page)! I didn't see this behaviour on the VIX-HD standalone images. This has only started once the two images had been merged.

Larry-G
06-12-14, 18:56
no issues here what so ever on my Gigablue Quad or TM Nano 2 super. cant speak for the Vu's as i'm not currently using one.

bbbuk
06-12-14, 18:58
It's weird that it's only affecting VU+'s and it did only start once the two different images had been merged (from build 095+).

I thought, skin wise (if it's a skin issue), the only thing that changed when both images were merged was you added the extra 1080 skins to the feed or was there some other coding involved as well?

sigpark
06-12-14, 19:31
I have a VUSolo2 and today did an image upgrade to 97 from 90. I hadn't seen this thread previously, but went looking because I am seeing delays with epg loading, very sluggish scrolling the epg and selecting the bouquet section also. Strange though all others menus normal, as is channel selection and scrolling through the channels using the TV button, rather than the epg. The ONLY problem seems to be the epg.

I had no issues at all on v90 of the image with You-ViX Blue.

I have tried the default skin that comes with Apollo 97 and epg seems fine,say maybe the issue is with HD skins rather than standard skins? I am using Rossi's You-ViX blue.

bbbuk
06-12-14, 21:15
Using the telnet command, "top", my Solo2 CPU usage averaged around 25-35% when it goes to the next page on the EPG.

This is on a clean flash of 97 with no restore and just setting ABM and EPG, with everything else the default.

If it's of any assistance, I've attached a screenshot of this result.I've just gone back to 090 where EPG is fine and CPU usage averaged around 10%.

I don't know if that helps at all.

bjorntj
08-12-14, 12:05
Any progress for the slooooow EPG problem? I have a Duo2 and I had to install 090 again....

birdman
08-12-14, 12:40
Using a swap file on such a high spec receiver is just as likely to cause you problems instead of fixing them.Surely a swap file will only be used if it is needed, hence cannot cause problems.

Rob van der Does
08-12-14, 12:53
That depends on the settings; when made via the swap-mamager it will only be used when required.
But even then: it can only 'fix' issues when related to a lack of RAM, and I'm pretty sure that's not the case on modern boxes.

bbbuk
09-12-14, 22:14
not yet, im working on it. :confused:I know you're busy most likely trying to sort several things but can I ask how you're getting on with regards to slow opening of EPG and when scrolling through it (page by page) which so far only affects VU+ users from Vix 095+ (ie when HD image was merged with non-HD image)?

john doe
11-12-14, 14:51
I've just updated to 098 today everything fine. but am getting the epg sluggish response. pressing epg theres about 5 sec wait and pops up, if i scroll through the bouquets (right/left keys), this is also sluggish 4=5 sec lag..

using solo2 vis HD skin red 1080

dude1
11-12-14, 15:02
I've just updated to 098 today everything fine. but am getting the epg sluggish response. pressing epg theres about 5 sec wait and pops up, if i scroll through the bouquets (right/left keys), this is also sluggish 4=5 sec lag..

using solo2 vis HD skin red 1080

At the moment 090 is the newest image that the 1080 skins run well on. Only sluggish with onscreen keyboard in epg search but everything else is pretty responsive. Not sure what's going to happen with this as sooner or later we'll want to update for other things I guess. Be a shame if we have to go back to the default skin to have the newest updates.

john doe
11-12-14, 15:12
At the moment 090 is the newest image that the 1080 skins run well on. Only sluggish with onscreen keyboard in epg search but everything else is pretty responsive. Not sure what's going to happen with this as sooner or later we'll want to update for other things I guess. Be a shame if we have to go back to the default skin to have the newest updates.

Cheers. I guess we wait and see. cant be bothered to back to 090

bbbuk
11-12-14, 22:05
Some had said they had a slight improvement with EPG issue on latest 098 image.

I therefore did a fresh virgin flash with no restore and everything the normal basic defaults (ie no HD skin) except for setting up ABM, crossEPG and I noticed the EPG didn't have lag problem on loading/displaying but I thought the problem of going between EPG pages was just the same as build before that.

I've now gone back to 090.

iwg
11-12-14, 22:13
No - not a plugin. I logged into the VU+ box itself on the Linux command line and ran up the "top" utility. Start a DOS CMD window on your laptop, telnet to the box, login and run top - interactive menu including a CPU usage column.

iwg
11-12-14, 22:21
Using a swap file on such a high spec receiver is just as likely to cause you problems instead of fixing them.

Pheonix - totally agree - no need for swap file - just tried it to see. Have gone to fresh flash/no restore on -098 and concur with all the later posters - I hadn't seen the query about how to use "top" so answered it after one of you had.

iwg
11-12-14, 22:25
How did you get to see CPU usage whilst scrolling the EPG? Is it a plugin? If so, which one?

Thanks

Sorry in delay bbbuk in answering but I realised Pheonix has already replied - after I replied.

iwg
11-12-14, 22:33
I've just toggled the fresh -098 install on Solo2 to the You-Vix HD 1080 Blue skin and all is OK in IMHO re EPG speeds. Only issue is the one I mentioned before about Panic button not changing the channel back to the first one in Bouquets. No swap file or cache flash in place this time - just the basic CCcam stuff, ABM, EPG and channel swaps.

bbbuk
11-12-14, 23:07
Mine was all defaults except ABM and EPG. Wonder why your EPG speeds okay between pages when mine isn't?

I used default installation skin and didn't have any softcam installed. So unless it's okay with You-Vix HD 1080 blue skin or it's your setup of ABM and/EPG. Do you use ZZL xml for your ABM and then channel swap?

iwg
11-12-14, 23:43
No - for ABM i use the default channel SD HD swap that is in menu but also have a "localised" version of an xml file to swap some of the "disappeared" channels out. You say you have no softcam? I thought that was part of the .......... Or am I straying off-forum? I have seen ZZL.xml in menus for ABM but it did not suit me.

bbbuk
11-12-14, 23:55
I meant I had no softcam installed as I had just done fresh flash and was checking EPG on bare basics with as little customisation as possible. I doubt softcam makes a difference to EPG issue. ABM may (at a guess) along with skin.

If you said you don't have the EPG issue on your solo2, would you be willing to do a image backup (obviously remove softcam line) and upload it and I can try it either tomorrow or at weekend. If it works on mine then I will remove one thing at a time until I get down to what causes EPG lagging when scrolling through EPG (between pages).

iwg
12-12-14, 00:08
I meant I had no softcam installed as I had just done fresh flash and was checking EPG on bare basics with as little customisation as possible. I doubt softcam makes a difference to EPG issue. ABM may (at a guess) along with skin.

If you said you don't have the EPG issue on your solo2, would you be willing to do a image backup (obviously remove softcam line) and upload it and I can try it either tomorrow or at weekend. If it works on mine then I will remove one thing at a time until I get down to what causes EPG lagging when scrolling through EPG (between pages).

Yes - I can try that - I will temp delete any personsalised stuff - K will let you see my default Autotimers! - but due to office party Friday doubt I'll get round to it to later in weekend. Please let me know where to upload it?

iwg
12-12-14, 00:15
Having said that, I would need some of the VIX crew to say that uploading a VIX configured image (less any pers details) is OK as surely that is what the VIX download site provides? Plus some basic reconfig questions? Honestly - I haven;t used this time round any image other than the default -098 build. In a fresh install mode as opposed to keep settings mode that is

rossi2000
12-12-14, 10:19
i cant see any issue with it if it helps to try and track down this problem. (just make sure you delete personal stuff from it)
the more people post about it the more it gets confusing trying to narrow down the problem.

we can remove the file after some testings been done with it.

bbbuk
12-12-14, 11:37
@iwg, sent you a PM.

thanks

ahcdal
12-12-14, 17:35
An interresting observation I just made: When graphical EPG is open, press menu and change from "Graphical" to "Text" display mode. Save setting. Sluggishness gone? (Solo2)

Rob van der Does
12-12-14, 17:44
An interresting observation I just made: When graphical EPG is open, press menu and change from "Graphical" to "Text" display mode. Save setting. Sluggishness gone? (Solo2)
Well, that would explain why I never experienced this issue, as I always use 'text'-mode.....

john doe
12-12-14, 18:15
your right bud, the sluggishness goes.

dude1
12-12-14, 20:04
your right bud, the sluggishness goes.

Shame it doesn't look as clear imho. The sluggish onscreen keyboard is still the same btw. ETA: I'm not really bothered about the onscreen though if all else works ok.

bbbuk
12-12-14, 20:17
I've just toggled the fresh -098 install on Solo2 to the You-Vix HD 1080 Blue skin and all is OK in IMHO re EPG speeds. Only issue is the one I mentioned before about Panic button not changing the channel back to the first one in Bouquets. No swap file or cache flash in place this time - just the basic CCcam stuff, ABM, EPG and channel swaps.Can I clarify that your solo2 that works fine, the EPG is the graphical EPG rather than Text based EPG within EPG settings as some have said EPG lag doesn't happen on when Text EPG is selected.

rossi2000
12-12-14, 21:48
as a test in graphics mode, backup the epg folder in youvix-blue or whichever colour you have installed and then delete it and restart e2.

it should then fallback to the default skin icons. does that make any difference?

rossi2000
12-12-14, 21:53
ive also tweaked the epg text screen so it looks better in build 99

bbbuk
12-12-14, 22:05
as a test in graphics mode, backup the epg folder in youvix-blue or whichever colour you have installed and then delete it and restart e2.

it should then fallback to the default skin icons. does that make any difference?I personally have only used the default skin used upon installation and Blue-HD skin. I don't use any 1080 skins and I still have the problem. Do you still want me to delete the EPG folder within these two skin folders that I personally use?

bbbuk
12-12-14, 23:38
@rossi,

I did as you asked and deleted the EPG folder from within the default skin, Vix-Night-HD and Blue-HD and apart from EPG looking different, the lag was still there i'm afraid. I don't and never have used the 1080 skins yet so it's not related directly to them.

If it helps you narrow down where to look, I also FTP'd the "AutoBouquetsMaker" folder from the good build 090 and also the entire files/folders from within "/usr/share/enigma2/" (this included folders like "display", "extensions", and the skin folders, etc) all from the good build 090 to a fresh install (with no settings restore) of 098. I still had a lag on epg.

To check I wasn't getting paranoid, I went back to 090 and no epg lag was noticeable.

From my point, the problem is not within ABM or obviously any files/folders within /usr/share/enigma2/. If all the EPG files are within the /usr/share/enigma2/ folder then I don't think the EPG is causing it itself.

Anything else you want me to try?

Larry-G
12-12-14, 23:50
@rossi,

I did as you asked and deleted the EPG folder from within the default skin, Vix-Night-HD and Blue-HD and apart from EPG looking different, the lag was still there i'm afraid. I don't and never have used the 1080 skins yet so it's not related directly to them.

If it helps you narrow down where to look, I also FTP'd the "AutoBouquetsMaker" folder from the good build 090 and also the entire files/folders from within "/usr/share/enigma2/" (this included folders like "display", "extensions", and the skin folders, etc) all from the good build 090 to a fresh install (with no settings restore) of 098. I still had a lag on epg.

To check I wasn't getting paranoid, I went back to 090 and no epg lag was noticeable.

From my point, the problem is not within ABM or obviously any files/folders within /usr/share/enigma2/. If all the EPG files are within the /usr/share/enigma2/ folder then I don't think the EPG is causing it itself.

Anything else you want me to try?

ABM has nothing what so ever to do with the EPG.

judge
13-12-14, 00:19
Finally testing a 90+ build on a Solo2.
Using a fresh flash of build Apollo 098, setup CrossEPG to use OpenTV 28.2.
Slight delay when pressing EPG button.
Slight delay when changing GEPG screens (Up/Down, Left/Right).

Install & activate a 1080 skin, issue is a lot more obvious.
Much longer delay, mainly on just opening EPG.

Nothing in debuglogs...

bbbuk
13-12-14, 09:51
Using a fresh flash of build Apollo 098, setup CrossEPG to use OpenTV 28.2.Was there any coding changes within CrossEPG or OpenTV after the 090 build?

Install & activate a 1080 skin, issue is a lot more obvious.
Much longer delay, mainly on just opening EPG.This problem first occurred on the merged build of normal Apollo 095 and HD version. Rossi's suggestion of deleting EPG folder (above) within the specific skin we're using unfortunately didn't make a difference and I confirmed this by copying all the files/folders within '/usr/share/enigma2/' from good build 090 to current 098 and still have the lag.

Was there any coding changes to the rendering of the skin on the merged builds that wasn't in the normal version on build 090 or less? I'm thinking if there was coding changes could I try and get away with copying the entire folder that contains the code for skin rendering from build 090 to current build and see if that solves problem? If so, I would need the location of where the rendering files are?

Thanks again for continued support on trying to solve this issue.

bbbuk
13-12-14, 11:39
Ok, success I have removed the EPG lag by patching certain things using a fresh flash of build Apollo 098, setup CrossEPG to use OpenTV 28.2 and use ZZL ABM (my normal settings).

Now obviously at this point, the EPG lagging was there so I FTP'd from build 090 the following folders (and their files) from "/usr/lib/enigma2/python" :-

"Components", "Screens" and those files only located "/usr/lib/enigma2/python"

Now EPG shows no sign of lagging. This is on the default skin Vix-Night HD skin. At this point, I've not tried any other skin especially any of the 1080 skins as I suspect this may not work.

I realise this of course doesn't pinpoint the actual problem but it's narrowed it down to files within "/usr/lib/enigma2/python" and those files within "Components" and "Screens" as these are the only files I've patched from 090 build.

I shall continue narrowing it down but I hope this helps.

bbbuk
13-12-14, 14:21
Okay, slowly narrowed it down to files in the following folders:-

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components

So it's just the actual files in the above folders I've changed and EPG lag has gone.

I shall continue to see if I can narrow it down further...

chaser
13-12-14, 14:41
Just swapping out the epglist.pyo file in the components folder seems to fix most of the lag. However, I still get a 'sticky' highlighted program if I only swap out this file. This 'sticky' behaviour disappears if I swap out the entire folders you've highlighted earlier. Likewise, I'll try and narrow this down!

Edit: Oh, and I'm using the You-Vix 1080 skin

bbbuk
13-12-14, 15:10
I can confirm that replacing the epglist.pyo from components folder fixed the lag on both normal default skin and the 1080 you-vix blue skin. One problem solved.

I shall also continue narrowing down reason for 'sticky' highlighted program. I'm looking for file size changes between 090 build and current 098 build.

rossi2000
13-12-14, 15:33
please try the attached epglist.py please.
see if any better

bbbuk
13-12-14, 15:37
see if any betterShould that not be .pyo extension to match current file?

rossi2000
13-12-14, 15:40
no the pyo is created from the py.
put the py in and restart e2. a new pyo will be created. then deleted old py

Larry-G
13-12-14, 15:41
Should that not be .pyo extension to match current file?

no it's correct.

.pyo files are machine readable python files.
.py files are human readable python files.

Place the .py file in the correct directory on your receiver (delete the .pyo file first), then reboot the receiver. Upon reboot the image will generate a brand new .pyo file from the .py file, but remember to once again FTP into the receiver and delete the .py file you placed there earlier otherwise it will just regenerate on every reboot overwriting the .pyo file.

chaser
13-12-14, 15:46
I'm looking for file size changes between 090 build and current 098 build.

Just be careful with that approach. For example, although the two EpgLoadSave.pyo files (v90 & v99) are the same size, there are differences in the files!

bbbuk
13-12-14, 15:48
see if any betterNo, sorry that didn't make any difference. The lag is back again now.

chaser
13-12-14, 16:10
No, sorry that didn't make any difference. The lag is back again now. Same result here.

see if any betterIs this file significantly different to the one used in your old v90 HD version?

rossi2000
13-12-14, 16:13
please test this py
and hopefully you'll come back with the right response :)

bbbuk
13-12-14, 16:19
please test this py
and hopefully you'll come back with the right response :)I can confirm this works fine using default normal skin. Will update when tried with 1080 skin.

UPDATE: Seems fine with you vix blue 1080 skin.

rossi2000
13-12-14, 16:22
i tried already, its fine on 1080 :)

i was having this issue on my solose, turns out some extra code i applied isnt supported on vu machines. thats been removed and the whole code cleaned up.
courtesy of andyb!

chaser
13-12-14, 16:25
please test this py
and hopefully you'll come back with the right response :)

Yes, that one seems to be working better. I'm certain there's not as much lag.

I still have the problem with a sticky highlighted field on initial channel move, but based on testing so far, that seems to be down to another file.

bbbuk
13-12-14, 16:26
Thanks rossi, andyb and chaser.

I assume this will be applied in next build once a few others have confirmed it's okay? Any idea if that will likely be this either today or tomorrow?

I shall, in meantime, keep with the manually applied file.

rossi2000
13-12-14, 16:31
for the sticky epg selection

iirc to do with epg cache
not in sync
ie
NOW/NEXT
being different to sky epg data

in epg settings, set show eit now/next on infobar to no and see how it goes.

rossi2000
13-12-14, 16:32
Thanks rossi, andyb and chaser.

I assume this will be applied in next build once a few others have confirmed it's okay? Any idea if that will likely be this either today or tomorrow?

I shall, in meantime, keep with the manually applied file.

yes will be in next builds. i will commit it shortly

chaser
13-12-14, 16:43
for the sticky epg selection

iirc to do with epg cache
not in sync
ie
NOW/NEXT
being different to sky epg data

in epg settings, set show eit now/next on infobar to no and see how it goes.

This doesn't seem to have made any difference. Changed to No and rebooted the box, but still get sticky selection. It definitely disappears if I use your v90 HD image, or copy the screen & component files over from your v90 image to the latest v99 image. May be worth picking up this issue in the other thread I created, and keep this thread on topic of sluggish response.

rossi2000
13-12-14, 16:45
where is that post?

chaser
13-12-14, 16:51
where is that post?

Here...

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42516-EPG-Highlighted-programme

abu baniaz
13-12-14, 16:52
Apologies, thread got caught up among other posts that were deleted.

chaser
13-12-14, 16:56
Apologies, thread got caught up among other posts that were deleted.

LOL. I wondered why it appeared to disappear briefly as I was trying to post!

rossi2000
13-12-14, 18:26
attached it back again.

iwg
13-12-14, 18:29
Hi bbbuk - looks like rossi and the guys have moved this on from when I offered to upload yesterday. I CAN see a difference in mine between TEXT and GRAPHIC modes so guess I DID have the delay problem - just didn't seem long enough to me to matter. Different people - different expectations. Does anyone else have the problem with PANIC button - ie it clears the zap channel list but does not revert to first channel in first bouquet?

abu baniaz
13-12-14, 18:42
Does anyone else have the problem with PANIC button - ie it clears the zap channel list but does not revert to first channel in first bouquet?
Have you tried on Apollo 99? If issue persists, continue in the dedicated thread for it.

bbbuk
13-12-14, 18:45
Hi bbbuk - looks like rossi and the guys have moved this on from when I offered to upload yesterday.Chaser and I managed to narrow down what caused the epg lag and rossi and andy were quick to provide a fix.

attached it back again.Was this quick enough to make in build 099?

UPDATE: I've just noticed build 099 is available from online update so probably just missed it I'm assuming. No prob I shall use that file as temp fix until next build.

nsw9154
13-12-14, 18:51
I have already installed Apollo 099 with a couch flash so I presume it should be in Apollo 100 :)

rossi2000
13-12-14, 19:06
yes will be in build 100

iwg
13-12-14, 19:08
Hi Abu - yes just tried in -099 build. I also saw your post on the new UK wide ABM and have re-config that using ZZL option - so all my HD SD channels in right place without having to do my own .xml edits. Thanks for that. However the Panic button still just clears ZAP list - does not switch back to 101.Just tried a GUI restart - hangs. Just tried a reboot - hangs on the bootlogo screen. Back to USB re-install!!!! :-(

iwg
13-12-14, 19:09
forgot to ask - where is the dedicated Panic button thread - will check it in about 30 mins after my rebuild of -098

iwg
13-12-14, 20:38
Hi Rossi - just finished my fresh rebuild of -098 and upgrade to -099 (I have had issues with channel localisation previously but looks like the ZZL ABM has sorted that). And I can NOT see any delay in the EPG startup. As I've done a lot today going to stay on default skin for now and tackle the 1080 one tomorrow. Off to get a sym link for ch 1 to 101 so panic button works!

xfish
14-12-14, 16:45
My online updating facility has been showing "sorry feeds are down for maintenance..." error. I had to update through USB. I have Apollo 098 atm but I am still unable to download any plugins or check for software update.
How can I fix it?

iwg
14-12-14, 19:27
xfish - just wait patiently! It does take the Vix team quite a few hours to compile and release each build so whilst that happens the feeds are down if they are also being updated. -098 was the latest download last time I checked although a minor -099 is available online. I wouldn't rush it :-) Thanks team

LbCwby
15-12-14, 10:44
Just updated to version 100, and on my Solo2, the speed in the EPG is back and works almost instantly.

corny
15-12-14, 15:38
So flash to version 100 from 90hd corrects all the issues? Is a settings restore fine too?

nsw9154
15-12-14, 16:05
Just updated to version 100, and on my Solo2, the speed in the EPG is back and works almost instantly.

Yep just uploaded to Apollo 100 with a settings restore of Apollo 098 on my Duo2 and everything is back to normal

One thing to remember - Don't forget to set ABM Back up again as it resets back to initial settings

pheonix did post an update about it but I found it just as easy to set it back up from scratch then do a System & Image Backup
and my LX3 -Mut@nt and Duo2 are working perfect :thumbsup: :D

john doe
15-12-14, 17:18
All working great on solo2

Larry-G
15-12-14, 17:25
pheonix did post an update about it but I found it just as easy to set it back up from scratch then do a System & Image Backup

Yes it's quite normal for users to prefer a fresh setup instead of a restore when they are more familiar with setting up. I know I do.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

bbbuk
15-12-14, 19:32
Yes it's quite normal for users to prefer a fresh setup instead of a restore when they are more familiar with setting up. I know I do.Me too. At first it was daunting but now I'm more familiar with where settings are it doesn't take me that long now :)

iwg
15-12-14, 19:47
Just done online upgrade to -100 (after online upgrade to -099 after a previous full re-install USB flash no backup restore of -098). I went back to graphical GUI and yes - apols to bbbuk - I can see the difference now. All OK now and good that I also got the post about ZZL ABM version during this rebuild - no manual channel tweaks anymore (apart from that one about having a channel 001 so panic button works). Thanks to Vix team for sorting the 1080 image merge issues out so quickly.