PDA

View Full Version : cable service

skinnydipper
02-12-14, 23:18
Hi there, so can anyone help me with running cable on the solo2,

I'm relatively new to this so bear with me, I now understand the vix sly is enigma2 so will work with any source, Will probably get a sundtek cable tuner unless there are any other recommendations. What I dont understand is that will this allow me to watch one program whilst recording another. I presume it will as a regular virgin box only has one cable input anyway.

cheers

MeeŽkat
03-12-14, 00:16
Hi there, so can anyone help me with running cable on the solo2,

I'm relatively new to this so bear with me, I now understand the vix sly is enigma2 so will work with any source, Will probably get a sundtek cable tuner unless there are any other recommendations. What I dont understand is that will this allow me to watch one program whilst recording another. I presume it will as a regular virgin box only has one cable input anyway.

cheers

I think you will only be able to record 1 channel with your usb catv tuner although you should be able to record other channels that are on the same transponder as the channel you have selected to record.

Official VM recordable boxes work differently to other platforms due to the type of system that is used, they have inbuilt triple tuners so only 1 feed is required.