PDA

View Full Version : stuck on booting

dougieduncan
30-11-14, 18:57
hi was away for the weekend , came back switched telly on but was stuck on technomate screen and box stated booting , switched off and left for 20 mins then switched on but still the same, box states booting. so reflashed back to Apollo 88 was on Apollo 89 but box is still stuck on booting, box reflashed ok and followed instructions to the letter any ideas anyone

abu baniaz
30-11-14, 19:00
Can you confrm that you got the prompt to press OK?

dougieduncan
30-11-14, 19:03
hi abu
yes I got the prompt to press ok and then the box reflashed told on screen to take usb out and switch on and then off this is where the problem is ,it just hangs on technomate page box states booting

abu baniaz
30-11-14, 19:20
I know 90 got pulled for the N2S/3T combo beccuse of an issue.

Try an image prior to 88 for now. Leave it basic. 91+ will be using newer kernel/drivers

dougieduncan
30-11-14, 19:25
hi abu
ye I read that 90 had problems . flashed 88 was still the same ,just hanging box stating booting , anyway went to make a cup of tea came back to telly and box was loadind so all up and running again but box was stuck on booting for around 10 mins, thanks

rinaldi1
01-12-14, 14:34
I know 90 got pulled for the N2S/3T combo beccuse of an issue.

Try an image prior to 88 for now. Leave it basic. 91+ will be using newer kernel/drivers

Hi Abu,
do you happen to know if this will fix the issues I have with playing old recordings?

rinaldi1
01-12-14, 19:40
Hi Abu,
do you happen to know if this will fix the issues I have with playing old recordings?

Update:- just updated to Apollo 95 with the new kernel/drivers but still having the same issues when playing old recordings I'm afraid :(

abu baniaz
01-12-14, 20:20
Sorry for not responding earlier. The changelog for drivers did not mention anything about it. They have been informed by us already.

For all users affected, it would be a good idea to contact TM directly. Important to point out it is playback that is the problem. Recording is fine. There are others who will say use the 4D image, it does not have these problems. They are right. This is becasue they are using an older kernel/driver set.

rinaldi1
01-12-14, 20:52
Sorry for not responding earlier. The changelog for drivers did not mention anything about it. They have been informed by us already.

For all users affected, it would be a good idea to contact TM directly. Important to point out it is playback that is the problem. Recording is fine. There are others who will say use the 4D image, it does not have these problems. They are right. This is becasue they are using an older kernel/driver set.

Hi Abu, thanks for your reply. Tbh I'm reluctant to use 4D as I much prefer the interface with Vix. If I contact TM I should imagine they'll tell me to change to 4D. Do you think there's any possibility of a fix for this issue being found in the near future, many thanks

rinaldi1
02-12-14, 21:55
Hi Abu, thanks for your reply. Tbh I'm reluctant to use 4D as I much prefer the interface with Vix. If I contact TM I should imagine they'll tell me to change to 4D. Do you think there's any possibility of a fix for this issue being found in the near future, many thanks

Update:- I contacted TM today and they said that they would try to resolve the problem.....fingers crossed :thumbsup: