PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Twin HD] Booting twice

adm
30-11-14, 14:36
Vix image Apollo 90
Miraclebox Twin Premium
2 off satellite tuners (UK Freesat on 28.2E)

In the UK the BBC has some part time HD channels that share the bandwidth/transponders. Children's TV (CBBC) is on during the day and BBC 3 is on in the evening. As one channel shuts down the other starts transmitting. The channels occupy different slots in the EPG.

I watch live TV on BBC3 during the evening and I switch the box into deep standby.

On the next boot during the day the box will get to the point where it is going to display a picture AND then always restart the boot process again. On completing the second boot a picture will appear which is that from the other channel (CBBC) and an info box gives the information “Service not found – (SID not found in PAT)”

This info box is probably telling the truth as at this point BBC3 isn't transmitting.

The problem is not present on a subsequent shut-down to deep standby and a switch on, say, 10 minutes later.

I suspect that this double boot sequence only happens when the broadcaster swaps channels while the box is off (deep standby) and the next box switch on wants to switch to the channel previously being watched but is no longer broadcasting.

abu baniaz
30-11-14, 14:45
Can you upload a debug log of this happening.

adm
30-11-14, 20:15
Can you upload a debug log of this happening.

I'll try to capture a boot log but it may be some time in coming. I'll have to wait for an overnight swap and I'm using the box during the next day - when I'm not at work.

abu baniaz
30-11-14, 20:30
Not a boot log, debug log please.